Windass offered 1 match ban

magic8ball

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I think the Conpliance Officer looks at anything that is sent to him.  You or I could send him footage and he would be compelled to look at it.  Someone raised the point in SSB and that's the information that was said although it was a few years ago now.

I think I may have heard the same shoe.it was said that the co watches sportscene for incidents .it was  mentioned on this forum afterwards .basically if the tarrier infestedcl organisation don't want anything done they don't show it in the highlights package  .amateur and open to corruption ml

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

But SFA chiefs have confirmed no action will be taken against the midfielder.

Sky Sports News reports that "the compliance officer reviewed the incident and did not consider it a break of SFA rule 202 - excessive misconduct."

Maybe some of us bears who were looking for parity helped in this decision?

1 hour ago, orangecountry said:

Personally I've no problem with what windas done. The guy was being a wank not returning the ball. And got called out for it. 

We've left ourselves in a glass house with this one though after the club1872's statement about lemon we can pretty much expect to get hammered for this type of shit. 

It's the mass hysteria about a pathetic gesture and mock outrage that turns them into real problems. 

Remember reading in the paper a while back about a (Ice hockey) Manchester player punching a fife supporter because he threw a pint over him. Of course the player got a 5 min penalty for the attack during the game and a 3 match ban after it was reviewed but the reaction from BOTH sets of fans were basically "idiot shouldn't have flung a pint over him, what did he expect"  obviously a ban in that case was the right thing to do  but if that was football it would be front pages and police phoned n folk would be wanted in jail for it. 

yet in football people get oh so fucking offended over a player reacting back to fans being arseholes? A fuckin' ban for calling a spade a spade? 

Spot on m8. Supporters can be absolute cunts at times; it's the height of hypocrisy to punish a footballer for reacting to the abuse when fans get away with everything shy of murder all the bloody time.

4 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I did say to you last week about him mate. He's an empty jersey. 

I can't help but see a player there, but no way is he a winger. Play him there and he really is a waste of a jersey. Look at him against Motherwell though; can you imagine if that run had ended in a goal? That corner he took the other night was just about the worst corner I've ever seen. I just know about him; he is capable, but something is well lacking in his game as well.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I can't help but see a player there, but no way is he a winger. Play him there and he really is a waste of a jersey. Look at him against Motherwell though; can you imagine if that run had ended in a goal? That corner he took the other night was just about the worst corner I've ever seen. I just know about him; he is capable, but something is well lacking in his game as well.

I see the complete opposite. I moaned about him coming one on one with Dundee defenders and cutting back because he didn't have the skill to beat his man one on one. He done exactly the same thing v Thistle and i thought to myself, this kid is rotten, he just isn't good enough. There's no guile, no skill, no bottle. He can run, he can kick the ball and chase it and maybe take men out the game on the very rare occasion but he does not have the skill, footballing brain or mentality to make it at Rangers. I believe he's a lost cause and the more Pedro plays him the worse it will get for both of them. I think heart, courage and bravery are huge at a club like ours and this kid has the heart of a coward. 

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

I see the complete opposite. I moaned about him coming one on one with Dundee defenders and cutting back because he didn't have the skill to beat his man one on one. He done exactly the same thing v Thistle and i thought to myself, this kid is rotten, he just isn't good enough. There's no guile, no skill, no bottle. He can run, he can kick the ball and chase it and maybe take men out the game on the very rare occasion but he does not have the skill, footballing brain or mentality to make it at Rangers. I believe he's a lost cause and the more Pedro plays him the worse it will get for both of them. I think heart, courage and bravery are huge at a club like ours and this kid has the heart of a coward. 

He doesn't seem to have the know how, I'd agree, but he can do things; that goal against Dundee was a case in point. Maybe it is an attitude thing, which would go along with your final point.

Windass offered a 1 match ban? He shouldn't accept it, then they might give him a longer ban, and maybe whoever takes his place will be a hundred times better than him, hopefully?

He should be tried in front of a jury of his piers, before being found guilty. 

????

11 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Windass offered a 1 match ban? He shouldn't accept it, then they might give him a longer ban, and maybe whoever takes his place will be a hundred times better than him, hopefully?

He should be tried in front of a jury of his piers, before being found guilty. 

????

No retrospective action has been taken against Josh.