Windass offered 1 match ban

magic8ball

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'm not surprised he did that on live TV, the guy is brain dead.

I'm equally not surprised there hasn't been retrospective punishment as the powers that be in this country are incompetent.

A ref would red card him for that.

But I think the compliance officer now has to consider the nature of the gesture excessive before he gets involved retrospectively.

What is excessive remains subjective.

But if TLB actions at ibrox and lafferty giving the middle finger aren't, then neither should what windass did.

Lucky he got away with it during match, stupid cunt for doing it, but the correct outcome based on precedents.

40 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A ref would red card him for that.

But I think the compliance officer now has to consider the nature of the gesture excessive before he gets involved retrospectively.

What is excessive remains subjective.

But if TLB actions at ibrox and lafferty giving the middle finger aren't, then neither should what windass did.

Lucky he got away with it during match, stupid cunt for doing it, but the correct outcome based on precedents.

Wasn't Griffiths punished for a similar gesture towards our end at Easter Road when he was with Hibs?

Yet, as you've said, Lennon wasn't punished for his gestures at Ibrox.

On Friday night, that boy should have been sent-off for the tackle on Jack and let's be honest, if Morelos was caught, he would have been sent-off for kicking their defender off the ball.

Consistently inconsistent, is our refereeing system.

The rules were chucked out the window for Lennon and similarly for Brown last season to overturn a red card that should have stood,hard to see how refs and officials implement the rules when the SPFL keep undermining their authority because they're terrified of the taigs.

Lucky for Windass then he dodged a ban because of the reluctance to deal with Lennon properly.

3 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Wasn't Griffiths punished for a similar gesture towards our end at Easter Road when he was with Hibs?

Yet, as you've said, Lennon wasn't punished for his gestures at Ibrox.

On Friday night, that boy should have been sent-off for the tackle on Jack and let's be honest, if Morelos was caught, he would have been sent-off for kicking their defender off the ball.

Consistently inconsistent, is our refereeing system.

Agree I do, Yoda.