Miller dropped / rested for Thistle

So Pedro says Miller's rested, he's to spend day with his family, to take a break from football.

https://streamable.com/q0iir

Anyone else find this bizarre?

Now I have to say I'm happy with this, i hope we win well tomorrow and the team give Pedro food for thought for Saturdays team selection.

But is Miller burnt out physically or mentally, and needing a break from football?

Has he actually been dropped?

Is he deemed that important he's actually been wrapped in cotton wool for Saturday.

Really don't know what to make if it, though Pedro seemed a bit shifty when explaining the absence. It just seemed bizarre to me.

Saturday will tell more I suppose.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Miller still heavily involved in our first team? Honest to fuck.

I like him; he's been an excellent servant to our fine club, playing a major role in some great times and I hold nothing against him because he's not going to knock-back being picked.

But he's 37 years-old, for fuck's sake. We need to move on. Warburton failed to address our reliance on Miller and Caixinha has done the exact same thing.

In the past couple of matches the manager has shown no reluctance to have him taken off; which never seems to have gone down well with the player. I think as the season goes on Miller should feature less, but I don't think it's anything notable to drop him with the weekend match in mind. What would be interesting would be what would happen if Herrera started tomorrow and played well.

You never know what's gone on, a fight at the training ground, a family issue, mental tiredness, physical tiredness, you could list many things.

No doubt a rumour will start and folk will start using it as an excuse to batter into Miller.

Can see that coming a mile off.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So Pedro says Miller's rested, he's to spend day with his family, to take a break from football.

Anyone else find this bizarre?

Now I have to say I'm happy with this, i hope we win well tomorrow and the team give Pedro food for thought for Saturdays team selection.

But is Miller burnt out physically or mentally, and needing a break from football?

Has he actually been dropped?

Is he deemed that important he's actually been wrapped in cotton wool for Saturday.

Really don't know what to make if it, though Pedro seemed a bit shifty when explaining the absence. It just seemed bizarre to me.

Saturday will tell more I suppose.

I said weeks ago Miller will be a cert to start v. Septic.

Not that i think he should.

He should be on bench at best.

Lets hope he scores the winner.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

In the past couple of matches the manager has shown no reluctance to have him taken off; which never seems to have gone down well with the player. I think as the season goes on Miller should feature less, but I don't think it's anything notable to drop him with the weekend match in mind. What would be interesting would be what would happen if Herrera started tomorrow and played well.

Yeah just kind of wondering if there's more to it.

Is the rest enforced a message to wind his neck in with his reactions to being subbed.

Dunno. 

6 minutes ago, HOPLITE said:

Miller will start on Saturday.

Imho this looks like a season too far for Miller we should be thinking of replacing as soon as.

Would he start though if Herrera and Morelos linked up well tomorrow and beat a team that we struggled against only a few days before?

Pedro said he's being rested,and we have the players to beat thistle well what happened on Friday then?

hes said he was surprised because they were combative and played a different system! Ffs

his press conferences get worse',gives a 4 minute answer to a question and you still don't get an answer

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Would he start though if Herrera and Morelos linked up well tomorrow and beat a team that we struggled against only a few days before?

I honestly don't know mate, if Miller starts and plays as poorly as he has been, again, imo that should be that for him. You would like to think if Morelos and Herrera start the morra night and produce the goods the manager would go with them on Saturday. Your guess is as good as mine.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Herrera couldn't link up with anyone,poor in the air,isn't fast, doesn't make good runs,can't shield a ball

I'm glad he's out for tomorrow night. Just not doing it.

However, I won't be too displeased if he starts against the scum, as he knows what it's all about and has contributed to putting them to the sword in the past. His experience might be invaluable and hopefully he come good for the first time this season. That said, if he is having a stinker, just get him to fuck off.

I'm looking forward to it, even with some hope, when I had absolutely none last season. If we can just click, we might just do it. 

I've said this on another thread, but I'm more intrigued about what Caixinha had to say about Dorrans in his closing comment at the press conference. It sounded as if Dorrans might be played in a different position for the next two matches; which I hope is out wide. With Wallace out Dorrans might be switched out there, with Wilson behind him, and Windass maybe playing inside.  That could mean that Holt comes in, playing alongside Jack, and Windass being behind Morelos, and Miller not playing at all. I think that would be better than going with Miller at the weekend.

Wasn't really wanting this to be about the merits of miller.

I just found the decision and how it was presented strange.

Kind of as if he's been told to stay away, but delivered as if he needs a wee break.

@RFCRobertson are you able to post the presser just relevant to this segment?

Ach maybe it's just me reading more into it.

Think Pedro wants to Ensure Miller is fit for Saturday and doesn't want to say he's been dropped, while I agree he hasn't been his usual self this seqason so far, he's always likely to score against the kiddyfiddlers and if he does how sweet would it be if it's the winner.

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

While I do think that there's a lot on here who need little excuse to criticize Miller, it's becoming clear it's a season too far for him. However he does have a knack of proving the naysayers wrong so don't write him off yet. A wee rest will do him good.

Loved him in his prime, disappointed when he left the second time, because I thought it would severely dent our chances of winning the league that season; happily it didn't. However, he isn't that player anymore, sadly.