McCoist

RedWhiteBlue1872

24 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I sometimes wonder if the haters are too young to remember the player.  Our all time record scorer. His place in history is assured. 

You don't need to wonder, McCoist was my hero when I was a kid. I didn't want to believe he was a cunt and just in it for the money - but the evidence has been staring everyone in the face now. I think people are too soft and easily manipulated - he's used that well throughout his career on and off the park.

File under history and move well clear of him - that's what I say.

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

If being a poor manager wipes out your playing career and makes you a nomark then Maradona, Greig, Mattheus and countless others are in bother. 

Being a poor (fucking worst ever) manager doesn’t. 

Refusing to accept that because you still want to get paid hundreds of thousands a year for losing to pub teams, wasting millions on shite over the hill players or sitting on your arse at home justifies all the abuse he gets. I wouldn’t let him pay his way into Ibrox

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You don't need to wonder, McCoist was my hero when I was a kid. I didn't want to believe he was a cunt and just in it for the money - but the evidence has been staring everyone in the face now. I think people are too soft and easily manipulated - he's used that well throughout his career on and off the park.

File under history and move well clear of him - that's what I say.

I agree.

Being a club “legend”  should be about more than just the playing side.

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

Being a poor (fucking worst ever) manager doesn’t. 

Refusing to accept that because you still want to get paid hundreds of thousands a year for losing to pub teams, wasting millions on shite over the hill players or sitting on your arse at home justifies all the abuse he gets. I wouldn’t let him pay his way into Ibrox

No point telling these folk, they want to forget the bad and love him no matter what he's done.

The fact of the matter is - and it's one these people find so difficult to comprehend - we see this double golden boot winning player, his goals and his personality - and that has been completely destroyed by his shenanigans after his playing career.

They want to believe we are just 16 year old Rangers fans not having a clue about his playing career. Wrong, we see him for what he is, someone who destroyed his legendary status as soon as he started fucking the club about and grabbing as much money as he could - when he was already being over paid in the extreme and underperforming to such an extent as to be our worst ever manager.

Add that to the fact that "Lenny" is his golfing buddy, and pretty much has no real integrity and changes his opinion to simply be popular or earn more money - even if it means pissing on the very club that made him what he is.

Yeah sure, a legend.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

No point telling these folk, they want to forget the bad and love him no matter what he's done.

The fact of the matter is - and it's one these people find so difficult to comprehend - we see this double golden boot winning player, his goals and his personality - and that has been completely destroyed by his shenanigans after his playing career.

They want to believe we are just 16 year old Rangers fans not having a clue about his playing career. Wrong, we see him for what he is, someone who destroyed his legendary status as soon as he started fucking the club about and grabbing as much money as he could - when he was already being over paid in the extreme and underperforming to such an extent as to be our worst ever manager.

Add that to the fact that "Lenny" is his golfing buddy, and pretty much has no real integrity and changes his opinion to simply be popular or earn more money - even if it means pissing on the very club that made him what he is.

Yeah sure, a legend.

I would love to forget the bad.

I just can’t .

Maybe 20 years down the line. Maybe!

51 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

As the recent revelations about the 5 ways agreement etc show, McCoist basically  saved the titles from being stripped at that time, as I have no doubt Green wouldn't have gave to much of a fuck about them.

Up there with the single most important actions in the clubs history....actions that are worth every penny and more he's ever made out of playing for or managing Rangers.  Failure to act would have cost us our history, records and reputation....but he got penny shares! :duh:

Just now, folkestoneger said:

I would love to forget the bad.

I just can’t .

Maybe 20 years down the line. Maybe!

Only if I get Alzheimer's & dementia

Hey, wait a second. Maybe that's why certain Rangers fans still consider him a legend, maybe they have Alzheimers & dementia...

... or is that as stupid as the - too young to know the good mccoist - argument?

Not old enough to really appreciate him as a player. Unfortunately for me he's been one of our worst managers and the whole gardening fiasco was unacceptable. 

I can see why people still hold him in a high regard but tbh I think he's a wank. 

1 minute ago, cp9 said:

Not old enough to really appreciate him as a player. Unfortunately for me he's been one of our worst managers and the whole gardening fiasco was unacceptable. 

I can see why people still hold him in a high regard but tbh I think he's a wank. 

Well imagine Prso or Mols got the managers job and weren't very good. It wouldn't negate their playing career with us. Wouldn't entitle people to call them a nomark. And McCoist was here doing the business and scoring over 300 goals for a long long time. A European Golden boot winner FFS. Before he was a manager he would have probably have made 90% of folks greatest ever teams and rightly so. People make it far too personal and they are supposed to be supporters. 

1 hour ago, trueblueal said:

I sometimes wonder if the haters are too young to remember the player.  Our all time record scorer. His place in history is assured. 

No we aren't too young, thats what makes the way the money grabbing cunt has behaved all the more heartbreaking to take. 

Nothing worse than when your hero turns out to be a cunt. 

12 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Well imagine Prso or Mols got the managers job and weren't very good. It wouldn't negate their playing career with us. Wouldn't entitle people to call them a nomark. And McCoist was here doing the business and scoring over 300 goals for a long long time. A European Golden boot winner FFS. Before he was a manager he would have probably have made 90% of folks greatest ever teams and rightly so. People make it far too personal and they are supposed to be supporters. 

You just don't get it

It wouldn't have mattered if he was just a shit manager, as others have stated plenty of times it's not about that.

I doubt Mols or Prso would have had to be put on gardening leave, I also don't think they'd be expecting such high wages especially when we were in such dire financial need, and frankly I think they would have had the integrity to walk away if they saw what they were doing was hurting the club.

All McCoist didn't do.

But you just keep thinking it's about his poor management if that makes you feel better.

17 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

The fact he was an awful manager has little influence over my dislike for him. But it's what I'll remember him as. I also never called him nomark.

McCoist continued to take a massive salary for a job he wasn't doing when the club was financially on its knees. If Rangers had gone under he would have had a role to play in that. He can shove his golden boots up his arse. Rangers is and always will be to me, and I would imagine to all these 'supposed supporters', than any one player or club legend. 

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You just don't get it

It wouldn't have mattered if he was just a shit manager, as others have stated plenty of times it's not about that.

I doubt Mols or Prso would have had to be put on gardening leave, I also don't think they'd be expecting such high wages especially when we were in such dire financial need, and frankly I think they would have had the integrity to walk away if they saw what they were doing was hurting the club.

All McCoist didn't do.

But you just keep thinking it's about his poor management if that makes you feel better.

Beat me too it 

4 hours ago, trueblueal said:

1 If they took 800,000 a year for managing ( and not very well at that) in the lower tiers of football then demanded the same for sitting on their arses when they were rightly shown the door then yes it would. And fuck knows why he thinks he needs to go on TV and condone assaults on our players when even the shettlestons on there are stating red cards were deserved

2 Supporters want what is best for our team not for one man. He was also meant to be a supporter was he not? Do you imagine he would have been left claiming the buroo if he had quit with some dignity when he was proven useless?

Yes he was an immense player for us but he has ruined it and has no one to blame but himself.