Are sections of the support right to blame Pedro?

ForeverBlue93

Ultimately this season we will be judged on where we are in the league come May 18, so far things aren't going to plan. As a support, we'd be lying if we didn't admit to expecting a win from every game in the league to this point. The manager is taking some flack and normally there would be no defence to any Rangers team only managing to win 50% of their opening 6 fixtures, and yet to play any of last seasons top 4 sides.

I can confidently say I think we would've beat Hibs with 11 men on the park. We dropped an unnecessary 2 points at home to Hearts but that shouldn't set off any alarm bells, it already has and will continue happen to our competitors. On Friday, the only thing that mattered was a win and 2 goals away from home will merit a win on 90% of occasions. Ultimately what cost us the 2 points were conceding 2 of the cheapest goals you'll see.

Goal 1 - Cardoso opts to let the ball bounce, and rather than be aware of his surroundings (Bruno in behind him) with the man facing away from goal, he stupidly commits the foul. Wes sets his wall up and is let down by a guy who has played at the highest level his whole career jumping out the way off the ball.

Goal 2 - There was a combination of fairly minor errors here but ultimately what cost us the goal was Tav leaving his man at the back post. It's football and sometimes players show poor awareness and men get in behind but the fact of the matter is that Tav watched and allowed his man run in behind and pass into an empty net.

I've underlined the two failures which cost us 2 goals and 2 points. Do people really expect Pedro to coach Bruno Alves not to jump out the way of a ball? Do they expect him to tell Tav if a balls wide and your mans at the back post, stick with him. If you do you've obviously never played football because this is stuff you learn at u12, not on £000's a week at Rangers. 

My personal opinion is the manager has showed some character on and off the park at stages this season and the players are letting him down with fundamental mistakes. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a long winded article/post for the sake of it 

there's a Pedro Caixhina thread about 60 pages long too where everyone goes round in circles in 

but for the benefit of this yes the fans are right to blame him but there's massive faults at boardroom level too they are equally as culpable 

I think the players deserve a huge amount of blame.

Against progres I hold them 100% at fault.

Since then there's been individual errors, switching off, inconsistency and only playing parts of games and a shite standard of finishing.

The players have much to be blamed for.

But the manager continues to pick Miller which puts us a man down every single game.

He's not shown a capability to address the issues listed above.

This is now his team, in a results driven business, and if his team let him down then he must now carry the can.

So yes. Yes is the answer.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Seems like a long winded article/post for the sake of it 

there's a Pedro Caixhina thread about 60 pages long too where everyone goes round in circles in 

but for the benefit of this yes the fans are right to blame him but there's massive faults at boardroom level too they are equally as culpable 

hahahaha 2 words....Short memory 

It would depend on the context of our criticism of the manager; I prefer to restrict myself to what I've seen this season, and it hasn't all been bad, and there has been more good things, so far. The time is coming though where he will be appraised fairly, based on this season, and just like any manager he will will be as good as the form of the team, this season. So far, his record this season is every bit as good as Advocaat's first season; I found that just by accident, and the only reason I use it is because I think it's too early to write either the manager or team off- getting back into contention is not without the realms of possibility. There are positives, and negatives, but I think right now is not the time to make them as big as an issue as it is sometimes easy to do, or as we are inclined to do. If we win at the weekend, then it gets us back off the rails. We have to go into that game giving ourselves at least some chance, however small.

At the end of the day it is the team with the most points that wins the league at the end of the year. You could break it down by every game where we have lost points however at the end of the day our nearest rival has gained 5 points in 6 games - with 38 games in a season that could turn into over 31 points it if continues.

Just now, ForeverBlue93 said:

Would you have dropped Tav or Bruno for Friday night?

You can blame the players and then say they shouldn't be dropped but then say the manager is to blame

As for brining up the previous board just fuck off with that shit, gets repeated constantly and helps no one and has fuck all to do with the current situation. Our board have been here for years now, they have their large share of the blame too

1 minute ago, ForeverBlue93 said:

issues at board level.

You've lost me 

was it not the board who appointed him?

was it not the board who backed him financially?

was it not the board who refused to sack him after Proges and continue to keep him in a job as the show rolls on and the points continue to drop?

im trying to be fair on Pedro but also honest - I think you just live in a wee forest filled with bubble gum petting zoos 20 foot mushrooms and wee rainbows 

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Have the players who have fucked up been dropped? If he keeps playing them then he is to blame

That would depend on why he maintains playing them. If it's to find their feet, then he's right to continue with them. I think he has dropped some players though.

The board are all in, what more do you want.

Not too have taken a gamble like Pedro when making arguably our biggest ever managerial appointment, to have shown a bit of backbone when supporters of another team assaulted our players on the park and to grow ma set and put Lawell back n his place. For a start.

The board are all in, what more do you want.

No their not. Stop with your shite. They've spent ST money and gave us loans. They are nowhere near all in

I find these kind of fans utterly pathetic, just fooling themselves and trying to fool others