Are sections of the support right to blame Pedro?

ForeverBlue93

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

You've lost me 

was it not the board who appointed him?

was it not the board who backed him financially?

was it not the board who refused to sack him after Proges and continue to keep him in a job as the show rolls on and the points continue to drop?

im trying to be fair on Pedro but also honest - I think you just live in a wee forest filled with bubble gum petting zoos 20 foot mushrooms and wee rainbows 

Ahhhhh!

I see where your coming from now, the lack of telepathy from the board... got ya!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel managers always get treated unfairly and board so be to blame more so. The board selects and backs the manager then hides from view as the manager gets slaughtered because he wasn't the correct appointment.

I don't understand most of Pedro's signings tbh. Pena has been useless. Herrera is shit. Dalcio, well. Cardoso,Alves and Candeias have pass marks.

Morelos was a JJ suggestion. Jack was probably lined up prior to Pedro even being around. Same with Dorrans. I'd say they 3, certainly Morleos and Jack are our best signings and I don't actually believe they were Pedro's.

Why didn't we go get Moult instead of Herrera? Why didn't we pay the £1m for Walker instead of Pena? These players would have came in straight away without waiting for work permits and been able to get upto speed and help us in Europe.

These are all the managers decisions. He has signed some absolute shite.

And he plays Kranjcar left wing when our weakest area is the left side. Miller still is first pick when he is offering very little now. 

Manager ain't the right guy for the jobs but we got him because a top manager would want real investment to challenge which the board don't have.

Obviously he has to take the majority of the blame. 

I said he wouldn't be gifted enough time as MW due to him spending 3 times the amount MW did in his whole time here, in one transfer window. You can't continually blame £8 million running around on the park. Dorrans and Alves have played at the top level for a decade and both look distinctly average IMO. You can't teach Morelos finishing ability, so what has he actually changed? He's made us more solid, we do have a bit of fight in the team but were still leaking soft goals, we get overrun in midfield for large parts of the game and without Morelos our front line wouldn't be great would it? 

Just now, ForeverBlue93 said:

Ahhhhh!

I see where your coming from now, the lack of telepathy from the board... got ya!

Your making zero sense again 

you don't need to be telepathic to do any of they 3 examples I gave you - all 3 were reactionary if you include giving him the job off the back of his PowerPoint presentation rather than what he's achieved 

don't pick holes in my posts because your pathetic wee straw clutching thread isn't going to plan with the what if someone done that differently rationale :lol: 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Your making zero sense again 

you don't need to be telepathic to do any of they 3 examples I gave you - all 3 were reactionary if you include giving him the job off the back of his PowerPoint presentation rather than what he's achieved 

don't pick holes in my posts because your pathetic wee straw clutching thread isn't going to plan with the what if someone done that differently rationale :lol: 

My wee straw clutching thread didn't have a plan, it was just a factual representation of the happenings to date.

"was it not the board who appointed him? - risk attached to any appointment, unless you are referring to just going for it with no manager

was it not the board who backed him financially? - ermm...yes? Don't know what your getting at here? Unless your blaming them for investing in the playing squad

was it not the board who refused to sack him after Proges and continue to keep him in a job as the show rolls on and the points continue to drop?" - Yeah great idea, sack a manager before the season kicks off.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I thought it was bad when McCoist and Warburton were toiling but there are some truly mad excuses being trotted out in an attempt to defend the manager on here lately. The buck stops with the manager. If we don't get results it will be him who pays the price.

This isn't Narcos.

2 minutes ago, ForeverBlue93 said:

My wee straw clutching thread didn't have a plan, it was just a factual representation of the happenings to date.

"was it not the board who appointed him? - risk attached to any signing, unless you are referring to just going for it with no manager

was it not the board who backed him financially? - ermm...yes? Don't know what your getting at here? Unless your blaming them for investing in the playing squad

was it not the board who refused to sack him after Proges and continue to keep him in a job as the show rolls on and the points continue to drop?" - Yeah great idea, sack a manager before the season kicks off.

No it wasn't it was your opinion.

The facts are we have dropped points in 50% of our games and got put out of Europe by a bunch of farmers.

3 minutes ago, ForeverBlue93 said:

"was it not the board who appointed him? - risk attached to any appointment, unless you are referring to just going for it with no manager

Honestly you are beyond help but don't try and seek go spend the rest of your days in a bush 

I think the blame has to lie with the manager, he picks and signs the players. 

When you look at our transfer business in summer, there's a few mistakes which have left us unbalanced as a side. McKay shouldn't have been let go if our only left wing option is Windass (who offers absolutely fuck all). Garner should have been kept, as Herrera isn't up to speed and does the same role as him. 

We could be lining up with 

Wes

Tav      Cardoso  Alves      Wallace

Candeias  Jack Dorrans  McKay 

Garner   Morelos

Which on paper is a stronger starting 11 than we currently have. 

13 minutes ago, ForeverBlue93 said:

Ahhhhh!

They shouldn't have appointed this dud cunt in the first place. he's an absolute no mark.

at the time of appointment who the actual fuck among our support said to themselves "YESSSSS can't believe we landed Pedro caixinha"? Answer, fuck all. This staunch position of having to supposedly back the manager even when it's glaringly apparent that he's a bag of rags really gets on my tits.

hes shite. He was a shite appointment. It'll be the same bollocks though after we hammer thistle later, people saying we are back, that we are gonna smash the taigs, then we will lurch to another disaster when we play them yet people will probably still blame referees 

the guy is a Shit manager. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I think the blame has to lie with the manager, he picks and signs the players. 

When you look at our transfer business in summer, there's a few mistakes which have left us unbalanced as a side. McKay shouldn't have been let go if our only left wing option is Windass (who offers absolutely fuck all). Garner should have been kept, as Herrera isn't up to speed and does the same role as him. 

We could be lining up with 

Wes

Tav      Cardoso  Alves      Wallace

Candeias  Jack Dorrans  McKay 

Garner   Morelos

Which on paper is a stronger starting 11 than we currently have. 

I do like that midfield, a lot!

7 minutes ago, ForeverBlue93 said:

Tell me something from my post that wasn't factual?

'My personal opinion is the manager has showed some character on and off the park at stages this season and the players are letting him down with fundamental mistakes. '

For starters

29 minutes ago, ForeverBlue93 said:

Ultimately this season we will be judged on where we are in the league come May 18, so far things aren't going to plan. As a support, we'd be lying if we didn't admit to expecting a win from every game in the league to this point. The manager is taking some flack and normally there would be no defence to any Rangers team only managing to win 50% of their opening 6 fixtures, and yet to play any of last seasons top 4 sides.

I can confidently say I think we would've beat Hibs with 11 men on the park (1).

We dropped an unnecessary 2 points at home to Hearts(2)

but that shouldn't set off any alarm bells, it already has and

will continue happen to our competitors.(3)

On Friday, the only thing that mattered was a win(4)

and 2 goals away from home will merit a win on 90% of occasions.(5)

Ultimately what cost us the 2 points were conceding 2 of the cheapest goals you'll see.(6)

Goal 1 - Cardoso opts to let the ball bounce, and rather than be aware of his surroundings (Bruno in behind him) with the man facing away from goal, he stupidly commits the foul. (7)

Wes sets his wall up and is let down by a guy who has played at the highest level his whole career

jumping out the way off the ball.(8)

Goal 2 - There was a combination of fairly minor errors here but ultimately what cost us the goal was Tav leaving his man at the back post(9)

It's football and sometimes players show poor awareness and men get in behind but the fact of the matter is that Tav watched and allowed his man run in behind and pass into an empty net.(10)

I've underlined the two failures which cost us 2 goals and 2 points. Do people really expect Pedro to coach Bruno Alves not to jump out the way of a ball? Do they expect him to tell Tav if a balls wide and your mans at the back post, stick with him.

If you do you've obviously never played football because this is stuff you learn at u12, not on £000's a week at Rangers. (11)

My personal opinion is the manager has showed some

character on (12)

and off the park (13)

at stages this season and the players are letting him down with fundamental mistakes. (14)

(Opinions not facts)

In my opinion ?

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

'My personal opinion is the manager has showed some character on and off the park at stages this season and the players are letting him down with fundamental mistakes. '

For starters

That was definitely the case in the last game, the worst ever example of losing from the jaws of victory. If we see something else much better tonight then it will tell us a lot about both the manager and the players. If not, then it doesn't look good for the weekend match, meaning it could determine a lot of how our season will turn out. We need to make a very big statement tonight.

The really laughable comment from Pedro this week was, " We need to create more chances for Morelos", no shit Sherlock.

A new manager and we are still poor up front, in midfield and in defence, nothing has changed from last year apart from his players coming in. Nothing to do with criticism from fans, he is an average manager with average results with a team full of average players at best and could fall apart after the Old Firm game given his average results so far, then where do we go?.

He's the manager the buck stops with him, just because I don't want him sacked today doesn't mean he isn't faultless. 

We have the same defensive problems we have had for the last 3 years, Why??

We have nothing on the left side of the team, Why??

We have very little creativity in the middle of the team, Why??

We only have one functioning striker, Why??