Are sections of the support right to blame Pedro?

ForeverBlue93

2 minutes ago, Jamie29 said:

There will always be a section of our support who want the manager sacked if we drop points. We will never get anywhere like that we need to give the guy a chance, hes head and shoulders above our 2 previous managers and i hope he does well here.

Based on what?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He's the manager the buck stops with him, just because I don't want him sacked today doesn't mean he isn't faultless. 

We have the same defensive problems we have had for the last 3 years, Why??

We have nothing on the left side of the team, Why??

We have very little creativity in the middle of the team, Why??

We only have one functioning striker, Why??

I agree with all of that apart from the defence CB; I think we look more secure at set pieces than we did in that period. The left side issue could become the biggest issue, especially when it was within our grasp to do something about it and failed to so so. Agreed on the last two points as well.

32 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Manager ain't the right guy for the jobs but we got him because a top manager would want real investment to challenge which the board don't have.

so in this financial situation he could be the best option available to us 

This is why we need to try and be patient and persevere with what we have.

traditionally we are not a patient group.makes things harder to bare when we have tarrier bastards lording it up thinking they are invincible both on the park and off the park 

Pedro could easily settle the side and offer a serious challenge .but he won't get that chance if he gets punted now .

of all the managers that have left us in my era except advocaat my own opinion was to give them time .eventually I did have in and think. enough times up .shortly afterwards they were moved on .so I would like to think I have a similar level of patience as the boards that were in control .at this moment I think Pedro does deserve more time there are enough positives and definitely potential for this squad to do well .it's not the greatest squad iv witnessed but neither is the level of competition we are up against 

Just now, magic8ball said:

traditionally we are not a patient group.makes things harder to bare when we have tarrier bastards lording it up thinking they are invincible both on the park and off the park 

Pedro could easily settle the side and offer a serious challenge .but he won't get that chance if he gets punted now .

of all the managers that have left us in my era except advocaat my own opinion was to give them time .eventually I did have in and think. enough times up .shortly afterwards they were moved on .so I would like to think I have a similar level of patience as the boards that were in control .at this moment I think Pedro does deserve more time there are enough positives and definitely potential for this squad to do well .it's not the greatest squad iv witnessed but neither is the level of competition we are up against 

Yet another hypothetical scenario thrown up with nothing to back it up, been a lot of them lately regarding Pedro.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I agree with all of that apart from the defence CB; I think we look more secure at set pieces than we did in that period. The left side issue could become the biggest issue, especially when it was within our grasp to do something about it and failed to so so. Agreed on the last two points as well.

We ship goals continual by our defence allowing players to run off them while they get caught ball watching, all aided and abetted by our failure to ever stop a cross coming into the box. 

Set pieces we may have tightened, but our open play defending is terrible. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We ship goals continual by our defence allowing players to run off them while they get caught ball watching, all aided and abetted by our failure to ever stop a cross coming into the box. 

Set pieces we may have tightened, but our open play defending is terrible. 

I would like to see our goalkeeper being more commanding off his line, and overall in his influence on the defence; I've been a big fan of Foderingham, especially when it comes to shot stopping, but not the best at cross balls. If he doesn't improve in that aspect of his game I'd replace him. The left side needs repaired immediately; and if Pena doesn't start fulfilling his promise, we should have him moved on as soon as possible. I would hope that Miller is being going to be used less, and that we have an alternative in the striking department.

7 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Yet another hypothetical scenario thrown up with nothing to back it up, been a lot of them lately regarding Pedro.

nobody can come up with any alternative who is guaranteed to be better than what we have 

we hear names like McInnes who would be at best our version of tommy burns who wasn't good enough 

and Sam alrdyce who is nothing more than a safe manager who was well out of his depth for England 

5 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

nobody can come up with any alternative who is guaranteed to be better than what we have 

we hear names like McInnes who would be at best our version of tommy burns who wasn't good enough 

and Sam alrdyce who is nothing more than a safe manager who was well out of his depth for England 

So we stick with a guy who is failing because the next man might fail too? Ridiculous logic. 

Allardyce would be outstanding for us, pie in the sky stuff though.,

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I would like to see our goalkeeper being more commanding off his line, and overall in his influence on the defence; I've been a big fan of Foderingham, especially when it comes to shot stopping, but not the best at cross balls. If he doesn't improve in that aspect of his game I'd replace him. The left side needs repaired immediately; and if Pena doesn't start fulfilling his promise, we should have him moved on as soon as possible. I would hope that Miller is being going to be used less, and that we have an alternative in the striking department.

Can't disagree with any of that mate. ?

Weakest link with balls across the box has to be Tav, lost his man at County lost his man at thistle got caught way out of position against hibs. 

7 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

I don't think it would matter who the manager is/was.

There will always be a greetin' faced section of our support who would rather decry the manager and players, whoever they are, than get behind the team and support them.

You have to qualify that though, a lot of those 'greetin faced' fans, as you call them, turn out in huge numbers, buy merchandise, travel everywhere with the club; so it's a bit of an ask to tell them to have an indifferent opinion when the team is failing on the park. Judging by his comments in the press conference yesterday, the manager is well aware of the demands at this club, which should never be compromised.

3 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

I don't think it would matter who the manager is/was.

There will always be a greetin' faced section of our support who would rather decry the manager and players, whoever they are, than get behind the team and support them.

Define get behind the team and support them?

They are getting supported. People being unhappy about that and posting about it on a fans forum isn't abandoning them or anything like that.

47 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

That's all hypothetical and ignores everything's that's went on so far.

Hypothetically speaking we could've just got McIness and guaranteed 2nd place by simply taking away Aberdeen's manager.

As things stand 2nd isn't even a guarantee in my opinion nevermind a title challenge.

We've improved but not as much as we should or even hypothetically could have had we got a proper experiencedmanager that understood Scottish/British football properly.

Actually correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we on the same points total after the same amount of games as last season? 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss? And we had a far weaker squad last season so in reality we haven't even improved in terms of points on the board.

2 hours ago, Jamie29 said:

There will always be a section of our support who want the manager sacked if we drop points. We will never get anywhere like that we need to give the guy a chance, hes head and shoulders above our 2 previous managers and i hope he does well here.

It's not just the fact he's dropped points, in the space of two months, he had two results that are the worst this club have ever experienced. There is no proof he's better than Warburton. Everybody hopes he does well.

2 hours ago, duffy2391 said:

Majority of his signings look decent imo.

Jack and Morelos look good.

Dorrans and Candeias have been a bit meh.

The rest have been pretty shit.

On 15/09/2017 at 23:58, WeirFleckNRothen said:

How is that list looking now?

[*] Managed us to a 5-1 humiliation in an Old Firm game at Ibrox.

[*] Handed the tarriers a Scottish Cup final place with a disgusting performance at Hampden.

[*] Cost us a 20+ years long record at home to Aberdeen.

[*] Managed us to categorically the worst European result in Scottish football, possibly British, history; an aggregate defeat against a side who finished fourth in the Luxembourg league.

[*] Allowed newly promoted Hibs, managed by Lennon, to win at Ibrox in the first home match of the season.

And the new addition;

[*] Drew with ten-man Partick Thistle who, until tonight, had registered just 1 point.

The guy is a dud.

As I said previously.

Are sections of the support right to blame Pedro?

Sections of the support have always been unhappy with something about the manager; I have heard moans about Souness, Wallace and Smith during their time. 

This point of blame breaks in to 3, manager, board and players. The way I see it The Boards job is to find the best manager they can and supply him with funds. The Manager, buys the players, instructs the players and sets formation and tactics. The players turn it on, on the park.

Criticisms- Board did not appear to cast the net wide enough for a manager, need to find more funds to allow the manager to buy quality and need to defend the good name of the club and supporters quicker and with more vigour. 

Criticisms- Manager has consistently picked some players who have not been performing, some times the formations and tactics confuse me and I am unsure what the players are trying to do in their roles.

Criticisms- Players; some have just turned up and not put a shift in, some play for around 20 to 30 minutes then run out of steam or just switch off during the game, some wander out of position and do not get back to where they are meant to be and this ruins any momentum we have been building up and has cost us goals.

The Rangers supporters pay good money to see their team perform and have every right to criticise when, they see some thing that does not make sense or is not at the expected level for us. We as a club have historically always had a high level of expected achievement, the last 5 years have been an aberration but we want the normal levels resumed as soon as possible. We could win the treble and some would still moan but that is why we were so good and why we will get back to that standard again.