Alnwick

G.E.C.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RD.1872 said:

My mistake actually, forgot he was Barcelona's number 1 target a few years ago along with Hooper, Samaras and Fraser Forster.

Infact if I remember correctly I'm sure the Honduran Roberto Carlos was actually Man Uniteds long term replacement for Evra too.

All of the above true if you believe everything you read in the tarrier run mhedia...

I'm not sure what them overhyping him and linking him with £10m moves to Man Utd 6/7 years ago has to do with him moving to Saudi Arabia for £2m. You kinda just went off into a rant that had nothing to do with the actual discussion there.

Great performance from him, he's now shown big Wes that he has a more than able(probably better) keeper waiting to take the gloves from him.

I like big Wes but he reminds me of the keepers you come across when you're playing 5's with your mates, pulls off absolute worldies but just as capable of being beaten by shots Stephen Hawkings could palm away.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He does if there's a better option available and that certainly looks to be the case.

Because of one game at Partick? Come on mate. We've already lost Wallace and potentially losing John & Alves too - we don't need any more disruption to the back line. 

Plus, I think we'll need Wes's distribution on Saturday to set Candeias away on quick counters

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Because of one game at Partick? Come on mate. We've already lost Wallace and potentially losing John & Alves too - we don't need any more disruption to the back line. 

Plus, I think we'll need Wes's distribution on Saturday to set Candeias away on quick counters

It's not one game though, he's looked more comfortable each time he's played for us. Foderingham is a bomb scare IMO, I always expect us to concede when he plays because his positioning is just that bad and for certain goals we've conceded this season in particular his reactions have been terrible. He goes down in slow motion.

Losing Alves and John would be a big blow, I agree. Wallace missing out though is a boost for us IMO as he was torn to shreds against them more than once last season and I'd feel much more confident seeing Alnwick in goals on Saturday.

We all have our own opinions though.

2 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Great performance from him, he's now shown big Wes that he has a more than able(probably better) keeper waiting to take the gloves from him.

I like big Wes but he reminds me of the keepers you come across when you're playing 5's with your mates, pulls off absolute worldies but just as capable of being beaten by shots Stephen Hawkings could palm away.

:lol: