I dont give a honk if we still win this, get the micky ficky to honk

GOAT

Thought were good for 70 mins, got caught out with having to replace 2 injured defenders meaning we couldn't replace Morelos and Windass who were both toiling badly. That let them back into it.

We then showed great character to come back and cruise it in extra time with an excellent substitution making all the difference.

Have we built pre-2012 Rangers into some sort of juggernaut who destroyed teams week after week? We still had to battle it out, dig deep to win games like these.

I watched lots and lots of hard fought 1-0 victories home and away in the nineties when we outspent everyone by a huge margin.

Jury is out on Pedro for me but he did very little wrong tonight.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I enjoyed that tonight, seems I'm the only one though  

can't wait till Saturday- it's war

The OP's a tit btw

Nope I am with you on this one.We really should have been out of sight with the chances we had.Not just good chances but real sitters at times.Thought we had a lot of positives and hopefully can carry this momentum into the weekend.

I don't want him gone, I want him to do better, a lot better.

I've decried him in other threads so I'll wait til Sat at 2pm to really decide if I can stomach his lineups and tactics any longer. The fullback  problems are glaringly obvious to every team we play against. A young CB (an enforced change tonight) showed he could make the defence more stable than what we signed.

More upsetting is the continual playing of Morelos (a fucking star) without a partner. This boy on his own is trying to do everything and running himself into the ground. Get him a partner before he gets fucked off (I know it is early days but show him we mean to keep him by building a great team, not by wanting him to run all over the place and take on defences by himself - and score goals into the bargain).

Mon tae fuck Pedro.

We know you'll play Miller this weekend. Why?

We know you'll play Windass

Don't you like your job? Why are you taking so long to see the obvious?

Why don't we have a first XI with a settled formation by now? Only one game to go to show us you've got what it takes.!

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

@GOAT 100% correct.

We were fucking honking tonight. It was like watching two pub teams play each other.

Absolutely unnecessary for for another 30 minutes with the Shettlestons on Saturday but somehow we contrived to do it. Only pass mark for me was Alnwick.

Defence is an absolute shambles.

Nonsense. John, Tav, Candeias, Jack all get pass marks. 

25 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Some people need to get a grip. Didn't think we was gonna get through after the 90mins but credit to the players for the extra time performance. Tbh we missed a few sitters and should of been out of site within the 90 can't blame the manager for that. Thought Pena looked good but obviously needs match fitness and the subs the manager made all made a good impact. We are through as well so let's take the positives and move on! 

Ah you noticed the manager made changes that counted ! Good lad - good post. 

8 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Not nice to be saying but a win on saturday shuts up as many in our support as it does the fucking tarriers. Lose badly and it's hard to defend the manager and the team. Win, and it could ignite a fresh belief in us. 

But if we win on Saturday I'm just not confident in us going to to beat Hamilton and then St Johnstone.

Beating them and ending their winning streak of course it would be magic, but if that's all it is and we go back to drawing with the also rans the support will only shut up for a week.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I've got the fear for Saturday tbh 

Making a 1000 mile round trip for this one and am a bit worried about whether we can deal with their pace up front.

BUT we have to get stuck in and give a damn good go.

They are no world beaters by any means.

We will need to be far more clinical when we get chances though

27 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

or the  windass miss in the first half which was a total sitter. i dont think Pedro rates Windass so i expect to see players he has given a chance to be moved on. Windass being the first.

One of my biggest doubts about Pedro stems from the fact that he does seem to rate Windass.

3 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I don't want him gone, I want him to do better, a lot better.

I've decried him in other threads so I'll wait til Sat at 2pm to really decide if I can stomach his lineups and tactics any longer. The fullback  problems are glaringly obvious to every team we play against. A young CB (an enforced change tonight) showed he could make the defence more stable than what we signed.

More upsetting is the continual playing of Morelos (a fucking star) without a partner. This boy on his own is trying to do everything and running himself into the ground. Get him a partner before he gets fucked off (I know it is early days but show him we mean to keep him by building a great team, not by wanting him to run all over the place and take on defences by himself - and score goals into the bargain).

Mon tae fuck Pedro.

We know you'll play Miller this weekend. Why?

We know you'll play Windass

Don't you like your job? Why are you taking so long to see the obvious?

Why don't we have a first XI with a settled formation by now? Only one game to go to show us you've got what it takes.!

His scoring record against them

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

But if we win on Saturday I'm just not confident in us going to to beat Hamilton and then St Johnstone.

Beating them and ending their winning streak of course it would be magic, but if that's all it is and we go back to drawing with the also rans the support will only shut up for a week.

Beating them on Saturday will be as good as winning the league.

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Another oh ffs!

Another what?

If people are confident after that display and with the possibility of alves and john out then I'd say they're off their tits.

Alves was bullied and struggled against Connor fish all night. Dorrans has barely kicked his own arse..tav although played well is too gung ho. Windass is absolutely chronic and we were badly exposed down the left. 

The taigs aint that great but if we give them the space thistle got we will be torn apart

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ah you noticed the manager made changes that counted ! Good lad - good post. 

I get this thing the manger made the changes that won us the game.

Rightfully I suppose, but I keep thinking that maybe we just wore them down. It went to extra time and they couldn't cope with the fitness levels. Maybe I'm just being negative, but I didn't see anything special in the subs (except the CB) that won us the game.

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Making a 1000 mile round trip for this one and am a bit worried about whether we can deal with their pace up front.

BUT we have to get stuck in and give a damn good go.

They are no world beaters by any means.

We will need to be far more clinical when we get chances though

Basically said the exact same in my newest post mate. Their pace down the right against our (IMO) very weak left hand side is giving me nightmares the now