Mccrorie...

Ryju84

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think Alves will come good when he gets upto speed but I'd honestly drop Cardoso and play McCrorie 

Alves appears to have that Danny Wilson mindset where he thinks he will just stroll through games and knock long balls out of defence for fun.

The aggression that needs to be shown in Scotland just hasn't been shown.

I'm a firm believer in winning personal battles with your direct opponent. A CH should be going through a CF at the earliest opportunity. Keep him looking over his shoulder rather than concentrating on his game.

I've not seen that from aggression from him at all. In fact only mccrorie showed that for me tonight.

Alves has a lot to do to win me over.

Maybe Saturday will be that game that he excels in and shows he's the player we know he can be.

But if he doesn't get his finger out then the bheasts forwards could have a field day and leave him and cardoso looking like Senderos all over again.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Alves appears to have that Danny Wilson mindset where he thinks he will just stroll through games and knock long balls out of defence for fun.

I'm a firm believer in winning personal battles with your direct opponent. A CH should be going through a CF at the earliest opportunity. Keep him looking over his shoulder rather than concentrating on his game.

I've not seen that from aggression from him at all. In fact only mccrorie showed that for me tonight.

Maybe Saturday will be that game that he excels in and shows he's the player we know he can be.

But if he doesn't get his finger out then the bheasts forwards could have a field day and leave him and cardoso looking like Senderos all over again.

Totally agree about alves disapointing so far, I think we need to play 3 at the back on saturday.

48 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Great performance! Hopefully see him getting more chances as the season goes on but think throwing him in at the deep end against the taigs might be a bit too soon.

Will probably need to,as Alves doesn't look like he will make it

7 hours ago, Gustav said:

Don't think Alves and Cardoso are a good partnership tbh which is a shame because had high hopes but that's the best Cardoso has played for us when he was with Mccrorie 

A back 3 is something we need to try at some poin

Been saying this for long enough. A 3-5-2 system . I want 5 in midfield and Morelos and Herrera up front. We are at Ibrox, and I want us to get into them from the start. If Pedro decides on this fucking defending on our own box shit then we are fucked.

7 hours ago, Gustav said:

Don't think Alves and Cardoso are a good partnership tbh which is a shame because had high hopes but that's the best Cardoso has played for us when he was with Mccrorie 

A back 3 is something we need to try at some poin

Was thinking about back 3 this morning on way to work.

How do you fit Tav & Candieas in tho?

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I don't disagree with that - I know pedigree alone doesn't get you a free pass at Rangers but for me it buys you a wee bit more time as you have proven top-level talent 

that said, the leeway doesn't last forever.

McCrorie (and I hate the onslaught of posts and threads praising average youth players when they make an appearance for us) really did show the two Portuguese first choices how to boss a defence and dominate the ball/tackle 

If I was Pedro I would be trying to crowbar him into the eleven on Saturday. I Would go a back 3, I think him and Cardoso providing Alves with the pace needed to cope with the channels the tarriers love to ru

Mcrorie and John doubling up on Roberts, same the other side with Tav and Cardoso on sinclair.

Jack sitting just in front of Alves tracking runs and cutting the passing channels for the 1 2s.

Then have my 4 attacking boys on.

Morelos & Herrera with Dorrans and Pena doing the box to box and creative stuff.

John and Tav are more like wing backs anyway so the squad is there to pull it off. Onto a hiding to nothing anyway.

Pressures on those dirty bheggars to prove they are what they think they are.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Why the fuck did a Rangers CH celebrate like he's scored when he won a bog standard tackle.

He wasn't geeing up the crowd. He was chuffed for himself.

Honestly never seen the like.

Probably deserves a thread of its own that.

You talking about Cardoso's tackle? Nothing wrong with it in my eyes, we've been missing a bit of passion in our teams for a good 4 or 5 years.