Jason holt

stewaj3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So most disagree. Interested to know who folk think is better. I just think he jack and dorrans, are the answer for now. Purely because he gives you energy.

Also thought that under Pedro last season he was one of the only few to show any improvement and that was when he was playing almost a deeper role in midfield.

I also agree not the long term answer, but for this weekend I don't see a better option

This happened last year as well. Warburton somehow thought a midfield three of Barton Rossiter and Kranjcar would work, it was a train wreck and out of sheer desperation we brought Halliday and Holt back into the side. We improved ever so slightly as they could actually move unlike the other three, but i think it took about two games all in for us to see that they are well out of their depth at this level for Rangers. 

Shout for him to start, and keep engaging in this revisionism at your peril. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If we are going to start with 3 in midfield on Saturday he is a better option than Rossiter, and Pena but only because Pena is still not sharp.

Based on what?  Holt was part of the midfields that got pumped on a regular basis by celtic last season.  When was the last time Holt scored a goal?  We know he offers nothing going forward.

Pena could offer us more going forward which, and I fully admit, wouldn't be hard.  In fact, Pena scored last week so he's already offering more of an attacking threat.

Appreciate what Holt does when someone like Kranjcar is in the team instead of him, I like him but sadly he's not good enough overall - disagree that he'll be off in January, he'll be on a decent wage and will be off at the end of season.

1 minute ago, BEE said:

Appreciate what Holt does when someone like Kranjcar is in the team instead of him, I like him but sadly he's not good enough overall - disagree that he'll be off in January, he'll be on a decent wage and will be off at the end of season.

This. Although everyone had a stinker last year.. I just think with his energy levels chuck him in, who knows he might show some of that early promise. I thought he was great in the championship and destined to do well with us.

He had a shite year and only he can turn it round.

I'm not saying he will mind you. As you say when you look at Niko and see no movement, Holt has energy in abundance. We shall see what happens. As it stands he's done nothing in the premier league so he must know time is running out here unless he can show a huge improvement.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Has their been an outbreak of Alzheimers?

You've obviously forgot basic English.

21 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's easy to forget he exists as he does absolutely fuck all when placed on a football pitch.  I think I'm correct in saying he didn't even manage one goal, or one assist, during the entire course of last years league season.  An attacking midfielder that can't attack worth a fuck is what he seems to be.  He's another one we need to get rid of as soon as possible but who will take him?  He's contracted to Rangers until 2020 which is pretty damn horrifying. 

Wrong.