stewaj3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, gsa said:

Which war was fought in order that we keep the system of Imperial measurement? Be specific? 

WWII. Logically speaking. 

To stop Germany ruling Europe in its entirely was the British reason for being involved among the various treaties etc...

So, seeing how the main country in the European Union is currently Germany and seeing how The European Union are the ones who are using the supremacy clause to over ride British parliamentary sovereignty which includes demanding all food stuffs be measured in Metric, it is not too far a stretch to say that WW2 was fought to end by force what Germany have ultimately achieved by politics which was German rule which subsequently means the Metric system now ;)

Only a slight stretch and loose basis but it is all I have

1 minute ago, Harveydp said:

WWII. Logically speaking. 

To stop Germany ruling Europe in its entirely was the British reason for being involved among the various treaties etc...

So, seeing how the main country in the European Union is currently Germany and seeing how The European Union are the ones who are using the supremacy clause to over ride British parliamentary sovereignty which includes demanding all food stuffs be measured in Metric, it is not too far a stretch to say that WW2 was fought to end by force what Germany have ultimately achieved by politics which was German rule which subsequently means the Metric system now ;)

Only a slight stretch and loose basis but it is all I have

It was a good effort mate. 

I wouldnt actually mind if he started on Saturday. 

I think he played quite well at the end of last season when Caixinha had him playing a bit deeper and if we went with him, Jack and Dorrans as the advanced midfielder I think we would have a good balance.

Rossiter is too similar to Jack and after a clearly not fit Kranjcar's performance in the first game against them last season I would hope we wouldn't take the risk and play Pena when he's still clearly a bit short of fitness. 

Holt will run all day and these games are about workrate and fitness as much as they are about individual quality.

Nah, he's rotten and gets absolutely bullied by bigger guys. 

I might be tempted to pitch him in at LM, purely because Windass is just stinking. 

Maybe...

Alnwick

Tav Cardoso Alves John

Candeias Jack Dorrans Holt

Pena

Morelos 

I'd be tempted to start him on Saturday tbh, think him, Dorrans and Jack in the middle could work.

Folk saying he'll get bullied, not strong enough etc. last season we got a draw at the piggery with a centre midfield of Holt and Hyndman. Not exactly the most physical midfield 2 but Holt certainly got fucked in that day.   

42 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'd be tempted to start him on Saturday tbh, think him, Dorrans and Jack in the middle could work.

Folk saying he'll get bullied, not strong enough etc. last season we got a draw at the piggery with a centre midfield of Holt and Hyndman. Not exactly the most physical midfield 2 but Holt certainly got fucked in that day.   

Holt was really good that day, the tackle on Forrest(?) springs to mind. He got stuck in.