*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Well, I'm bitterly disappointed in that but cant say I'm surprised...

What do you expect when you're up against a first 11 that probably cost around 60mil, when our first 11 probably aren't even a 3rd of that. Just so much more quality than we're able to afford at the moment.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

dorrans has a lot of convincing to do for me absolutely miles off it

As poor a 'Captains' performance against that lot as theres been in a while. Anonymous apart from looking to get the ball back to Foderingham as often as possible.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Fucking gutted,another season of being beaten by these tarrier bastards.

Ref didn't lose us the game but he is a cheating bastard.

I have taken enough from today to suggest with a fully fit squad we will beat them this year. We will need decisions, like the penalty not given, to go our way but I think we can do it. So much more commitment today.

Just now, the brown brogue said:

As poor a 'Captains' performance against that lot as theres been in a while. Anonymous apart from looking to get the ball back to Foderingham as often as possible.

Dorrans has been probably the biggest disappointment of the signings. I didn’t know Pena but Dorrans I thought would add more than he has shown so far

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

People can criticise the style of football he served up all they want, but Smith knew how to manage Rangers.

I know people come with the "yeah but he had money that nobody has had since argument" but Smith also showed that he can organise a team and make them difficult to beat when he was managing Scotland and he had average players like Gary Naysmith, Christian Dailly, Steven Pressley & Gary Caldwell to choose from.

I'd give anything, absolutely anything, to have a manager with his mentality and mindset at the club just now.

The money aspect is a bit of a red herring. It obviously helps. But if your a woeful manager it doesn't really matter what money you get given.

Smith showed he could manage a Rangers team of duds taking over half way through a season with one or two sensible tweeks. 

Money is the perfect excuse to keep any Rangers manager in a job for life if you want to apply it in a certain context. What about the coaching side of things? the tactical side of things? his failings there is nothing to do with cash. About time some intelligent folk woke up.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

SO fucking disappointing. Absolute capitulation in the 2nd half. We looked like we were running on empty.

Writing was on the wall right out the gate - honestly m8 we were lucky not to have been 3-4 goals down at HT. Probably could've done better if Hodson was red-carded - my eyes will be burning for weeks from watching his "performance" today.

2 minutes ago, SouthamptonGer said:

Mate I feel your pain I really do but unless our board spend more in January can we really, honestly, expect to turn this around against a bunch of cunts who have had everything go their way the last 7 years?

This is not Pedro' doing. That is all I want to get across really.

I'm not blaming Pedro particularly, but I am blaming the board they either invest serious money or fuck off we really can't go on like this for years too come.

It hurts losing to them and at the pace we are going it will be a pain we have to endure for a long while,and that's depressing as fuck.

Just now, Ibroxric72 said:

He needs dropped pronto for those kick outs!  How many times when we needed to take pressure off the defence did he just give them possession. He's done this for years and it never improves.

We've just given the useless cunt an extension to his contract. That is clearly a bad decision and questions need asked if that is the standard we think we need. Him and Tav I cannot fucking stand anymore.

5 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

It doesn't depend how it's spent. No manager in the world could throw a squad together with what we had from last season plus 8 million of new players and compete for the title. As much as I hate saying it our squads still miles off and I'm not gonna start shouting Pedro out because of it.

You are not someone to be taken seriously, it seems. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

The money aspect is a bit of a red herring. It obviously helps. But if your a woeful manager it doesn't really matter what money you get given.

Smith showed he could manage a Rangers team of duds taking over half way through a season with one or two sensible tweeks. 

Money is the perfect excuse to keep any Rangers manager in a job for life if you want to apply it in a certain context. What about the coaching side of things? the tactical side of things? his failings there is nothing to do with cash. About time some intelligent folk woke up.

You will just be saying the same thing with the next manager if major investment doesn't happen. Blaming the manager constantly is just a cop out from what is an average group of players who can only fight for 3rd or 4th.