*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Really disappointed with Dorrans.

Cardoso and Candeias aren't good enough.

McCrorie should be partnering Alves.

If we have a young RB in the reserves as good as McCrorie I’d just play him and push Tav to RM. Tav looked 100x better than him going forward the entire game. 2 poor games in a row for Candeias 

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

They are just better than us right now.  No excuses.  I don't think the manager can be blames for this. He put out our strongest possible 11 IMO.

We don't have enough in the first team, and we have nowhere near enough on the bench. 

The positives are few, The young defender looked a really good prospect.  I also think we should think about dropping Fod for Alnwick.

Shite.

The Manager was always going to be the fall guy, takes the pressure off the board as to how far we are away from them and we are not out September and the league is done. Can't see how we are ever going to challenge them without front loaded investment which was what we were told when King took over, how much longer is this going to be acceptable. 

Sickening. 

2 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Writing was on the wall right out the gate - honestly m8 we were lucky not to have been 3-4 goals down at HT. Probably could've done better if Hodson was red-carded - my eyes will be burning for weeks from watching his "performance" today.

Hodson WAS horrific. Absolute definition of bombscare.

Just now, psb07158 said:

If we have a young RB in the reserves as good as McCrorie I’d just play him and push Tav to RM. Tav looked 100x better than him going forward the entire game. 2 poor games in a row for Candeias 

Candeias has been piss poor the past 3 games.

Simply didn't fancy it today.

Just now, keithgersbear said:

You will just be saying the same thing with the next manager if major investment doesn't happen. Blaming the manager constantly is just a cop out from what is an average group of players who can only fight for 3rd or 4th.

If the next manager is another clown then yeah, I'll be saying the same thing.

I agree now it's an average group of players - but it's his team. What part of that don't you understand? do you understand football? a manager is responsible for the football club - the players, the results etc. 

Defence is laughable yet again. That Cardoso is a fucking fairy. Hodson too.

Dorrans is dog shite. Is it any wonder he was going so cheap and why no other club wanted him. Does nothing. Andy Halliday MK2. 

Pena is yet more money spunked. Joke of a footballer.

Windass can get to fuck. Joking with that cunt Griffiths at the end. Looks like he's got down syndrome and plays like he has too.

And as for Pedro he can fuck off too. Should  never been appointed in the first place and amazing he's still here.

Them cunts will go another season unbeaten because we're getting nowhere near them once again.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

They are just better than us right now.  No excuses.  I don't think the manager can be blames for this. He put out our strongest possible 11 IMO.

We don't have enough in the first team, and we have nowhere near enough on the bench. 

The positives are few, The young defender looked a really good prospect.  I also think we should think about dropping Fod for Alnwick.

Shite.

I get what you're saying Gogzy but the manager has spent a lot of money in the summer and we hardly laid a glove on them today.  I honestly don't see how his strongest 11 would get us anywhere closer to them.  I get wages levels are different but Sinclair cost them the same as what we paid for Pena. The money we've spent (inc. wages) on Herrera, Pena, Cardoso, Canedeias, Dalcio (wages), Nemane (wages and loan fee), Foderingham (new contract) is just head scratching if we want to close that gap.

There's so much better value in Scotland that wouldn't necessarily win us the league but would've closed the gap and made us a much much hardier team. Outside Advocaat's team, we've probably been a hardier team and they've been the 'nice on the ball' team and even the prancing leprechaun identified to beat the footballing teams you make yourself very very physical in Scotland. Neither MW nor Pedro can see that and it's because they just don't understand our game. Said last week, if you bring in foreign shite, they will buy foreign shite. 

Tavernier did fine against Sinclair today but he's nowhere near good enough or defensively sound and, yet again, our middle two get overrun. His inability to identify Pena was a liability at half time contributed to us being on the back foot yet again at the start of a new half. Subs were made when the game was finished for us. 

Very few of those players believed we could win today and the heads totally went down after the first goal. They're the surrender monkeys not the fans. 

Sorry for rant. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

If the next manager is another clown then yeah, I'll be saying the same thing.

I agree now it's an average group of players - but it's his team. What part of that don't you understand? do you understand football? a manager is responsible for the football club - the players, the results etc. 

You can't hammer in a nail with a sausage. He improved the squad but no where near enough money to get up to the required standard.

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

The Manager was always going to be the fall guy, takes the pressure off the board as to how far we are away from them and we are not out September and the league is done. Can't see how we are ever going to challenge them without front loaded investment which was what we were told when King took over, how much longer is this going to be acceptable. 

Sickening. 

I have major doubts about Pedro, but you are right about the board, they have been a huge disappointment after their 'big talk' before getting control. Bastards. 

13 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Weve all had enough fur fuck sake . Think i like this fuckin shite but only 1 thing will save us £40m investment. Who's gonae  dae that ?? 

The manager is not the problem here . Changing him over and over will do nothing.  Massive investment will 

Yes I know that ,that's what I've been saying for fucking ages my bug bear is with people saying we have improved because we didn't get a pumping today.

The board need to spend big or we are fucked with this shite for the fucking fuck knows how long.The problem is we know they don't have that kind of money and maybe can't raise it through outside investment so need to either fuck off and let someone else in if they're is someone willing otherwise this shite will just carry on.

4 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Fucking gutted,another season of being beaten by these tarrier bastards.

Ref didn't lose us the game but he is a cheating bastard.

A stonewall pen on 5mins and Morelos unlucky from a great cross from Tav,then Millers header to Morelos to force a save,after that and thru-out the game THEY bossed it. Lucky to come away wi a 0-2,hate that bassa Griffiths and the rest of them mind.

Watch them when they're on the ball,always players running into spaces,what do we do,we stand in wee triangles,waiting on the ball.We're nowhere near them yet,we need big investment,not just to beat the Tims but to progress in Europe :-(

Overall I thought there was some signs of progress. The result wasn't acceptable, and we dropped off in the second half, but I thought we looked capable of competing. We made a game of it in the first half, but looking at it player for player, it's difficult to see another outcome. What I want to see is evidence of consolidation and building on the things we do well. We're not bad at the back and we have a bit of pace. I'm still not convinced by the manager, but I do believe he gives a shit and wants to do well for the support.

Tired of being on Dorrans back but been poor since he arrived bar one game.

Sick of our luck.

No fit Lb, New Cb pairing in old firm again.

Breaks of ball going against us. 

If we didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all. 

Poor when you can even score at home.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I have major doubts about Pedro, but you are right about the board, they have been a huge disappointment after their 'big talk' before getting control. Bastards. 

Outside the mhanks, which team up here spunks £9m in players in a single window? The board gave enough backing to their man to expect better return than what we're seeing. 

it's nowhere near enough to get close to them but we should be miles ahead as their closest challengers.