*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

7 minutes ago, JWAB said:

We've just given the useless cunt an extension to his contract. That is clearly a bad decision and questions need asked if that is the standard we think we need. Him and Tav I cannot fucking stand anymore.

I thought I was the only one who thought that. Plenty on here rate them for some weird reasom.

2 minutes ago, tina-duncan said:

Well, I'm bitterly disappointed in that but cant say I'm surprised...

What do you expect when you're up against a first 11 that probably cost around 60mil, when our first 11 probably aren't even a 3rd of that. Just so much more quality than we're able to afford at the moment.

i can tell you what i would expect. it's not all about money. it's about tactics and mindset. i haven't seen anything positive - in a tactical point of view - from this manager. what formation did he field today? 4-4-2? those 4 at the back and the 4 at midfield never combined, never clicked. there was space ... and ... space. the only colours who filled the critical areas on the pitch: green and white. a shame to watch at ibrox.

there was no game plan, there was no idea to cope with guys like griffiths or roberts. AND THE SAD THING IS: THERE WAS NO GAME PLAN AGAINST PROGRES, TOO.

as long as we have this kind of clueless manager in the dugout there will be no positives at all. 8 mil won't buy you guys like messi - but defenitely better players compared to pena or a clown like dalcio. the late ugo ehiogu springs to mind

Over to the board!! 10 million at least in Jan if you fancy a crack at the league. That's in player transfers not wages ,canteen food and accommodation.

The breadman bailed out due to the lack of funds and Pedro will do the same sooner or later. Cant expect to be winners if you don't have the quality tools to compete.

Windass out, Wallace out ,Tav out, Fod out, Miller out, Niko out and Holt out!

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The money aspect is a bit of a red herring. It obviously helps. But if your a woeful manager it doesn't really matter what money you get given.

Smith showed he could manage a Rangers team of duds taking over half way through a season with one or two sensible tweeks. 

Money is the perfect excuse to keep any Rangers manager in a job for life if you want to apply it in a certain context. What about the coaching side of things? the tactical side of things? his failings there is nothing to do with cash. About time some intelligent folk woke up.

smith did more than one or two sensible tweaks when he took over mate, he spent 2million quid on kevin thomson right away then a further 10mill in the summer, and his squad was a hell of a lot stronger when he arrived

not one single Rangers manager since pre souness has bee told to compete with the tarriers while spending 40% less than what they do, even ecks helicopter sunday squad cost more than ours does the now

The team set up and played like a team who expected to be beaten.
The fans expected the team to be beaten.
The inevitable happened, we got beaten, and handily.
The only time there was spunk in the tackles was the last five minutes.
Above all else we need someone to win and control the midfield.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I have major doubts about Pedro, but you are right about the board, they have been a huge disappointment after their 'big talk' before getting control. Bastards. 

Pedro should never have been given the job. He managed managed to beat Aberdeen but has failed in every big game, this was his team he needed at least a draw today, Just a matter of when now for Pedro he hasn't got it and whilst we have made a slight improvement but it's not good enough.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

smith did more than one or two sensible tweaks when he took over mate, he spent 2million quid on kevin thomson right away then a further 10mill in the summer, and his squad was a hell of a lot stronger when he arrived

not one single Rangers manager since pre souness has bee told to compete with the tarriers while spending 40% less than what they do, even ecks helicopter sunday squad cost more than ours does the now

Yeah in the summer he spent 10-million but I'm talking about what he did when he came back in for starters. Thomson is one of the sensible tweeks I was talking about. 

4 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Yip, some heads in the sand today about us being much closer than last season, we were hammered 2-0 today.

hammered 2-0 but get the penalty at 0-0 which is a stonewaller and its a totally different second half, the players have something to hold onto, something to die for almost

like pedro or not, he's had the shitty end of the stick when it comes to refs decisions this season

Shit players make shit decisions. 

Who can absorb 3 left backs being out at the same time.

They exploited Hodson and we let them.

Really poor , didnt tackle hard enough, there wide men were allowed to run at us all game.

They could have scored much more  we offered little. Heres to a season trying to get second at best 

2 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Over to the board!! 10 million at least in Jan if you fancy a crack at the league. That's in player transfers not wages ,canteen food and accommodation.

The breadman bailed out due to the lack of funds and Pedro will do the same sooner or later. Cant expect to be winners if you don't have the quality tools to compete.

Windass out, Wallace out ,Tav out, Fod out, Miller out, Niko out and Holt out!

No chance

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Outside the mhanks, which team up here spunks £9m in players in a single window? The board gave enough backing to their man to expect better return than what we're seeing. 

it's nowhere near enough to get close to them but we should be miles ahead as their closest challengers. 

They appointed Pedro and they will have to live with that. I have seen a few different figures about what we have spent and taken in and I doubt it is £9M going out.

What I am saying is until we as a support start to realise that King & Co is not the answer then this is going to continue with no sign of light at the end of the tunnel. 

Yeah it's the managers team and tactics and he's had around 8 million invested but guess what?? He should never have been appointed.

apparantley the board spoke with fdb and although palace was a disaster for him, he could easily have assembled a good team with 11 players brought in from Europe.  So why the fuck would anyone appoint Pedro from Qatar over frank deboer?   We paid compensation for Pedro and we could've done the same for derek mcinnes.  Whoever is making the decisions as king says it's not him need fired first thing Monday morning.  Sacking Pedro will achieve us nothing so until the goon that appointed him goes we'd just end up with another manager not good enough.

20 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Right...for all those making excuses, we lost our defence, fair enough but you'd think we'd lost our mid field and attack.

The defence actually didn't too bad but the rest were a bunch of numptys.

Sorry m8.... unusual to disagree with you BUT I thought the defence were poor, apart from the wean.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah in the summer he spent 10-million but I'm talking about what he did when he came back in for starters. Thomson is one of the sensible tweeks I was talking about. 

Immediately signed two experienced centre halves who knew how to play in British football and do the basics so we didn't have to suffer the Hemdani Svensson pairing any longer.

Finnily enough that's what we have needed our manager(s) to do since Summer 2015 and they still haven't done it.

Just now, Moody Blue said:

No chance

Then we will continue to be second best.Football at our level needs a decent investment in a squad. I keep saying we need a good few 2 million pound players and then a few million pound player from the bench. Should have spent 2 million on Weiss in the summer ,the cheapest bit or real proven quality available currently.

12 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

You can't hammer in a nail with a sausage. He improved the squad but no where near enough money to get up to the required standard.

Again, mate (and with all due respect) does it take more than 8 million to win 3 Scottish games in a row or see of Progres? forget about celtic for a second and think of the bigger picture. The celtic game today has just brought it to a head again as because in a lot of people's eyes this was his last chance to save face and redeem.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

for kevin thomson i see you ryan jack, remember when smith came back he had a squad containing the likes of hemdani, ferguson, hutton, papac, prso, novo, boyd amongst others, the basis was there for smith to build on

pedro arrived and had waghorn, halliday, kiernan, garner amongst other scottish championship level shite

not even walter could fix what pedro arrived into with what he's been given, the tarriers simply spend too much

Just back from the game and fuckin sick.

We contained them for 45 minutes then we collapsed second half.

Morelos had a great chance with the header at 0-1.

We dont have the ability, pace or physicality against them.  

To be honest I feared fuckin worse but I'm still gutted

Really disappointed but after having 20 mins to settle looking at it, Pedro learned a few leessons from last year, appears to have instructed players to stand off their man a bit and retain formations discipline 

definitely helped to reduce freedom they had in and around the box

ultinatleg though we were shite with one or two half chances, controlled none of the game except a 5 mins spell in second half 

depressing as fuck but where do we go from here? More money in January and see where the team goes?  I can see two or three more decent players across defence and midfield making a difference 

Just now, Bears r us said:

They appointed Pedro and they will have to live with that. I have seen a few different figures about what we have spent and taken in and I doubt it is £9M going out.

What I am saying is until we as a support start to realise that King & Co is not the answer then this is going to continue with no sign of light at the end of the tunnel. 

I'm no board fan boy but looking at who he's brought in, Id say they've provided backing to their man. He was a hugely surprising appointment and they've been proved wrong for that decision but they've still given him plenty money to change the squad to his players. 

PC's tactics, decision making, purchases, etc. have us 8pts behind them already. We can bemoan the lack of funds, or ref decisions, or unlucky injuries, etc. all we want. The buck stops with the manager and unless they grow a pair and punt him, this season will have another cavernous gap, including behind the sheep.