*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, billscott said:

maybe if he had not wasted money on the mexican/portugese shit he has bought we might have had more money  lets face it the manager is shit  more worrying for me is how much stronger and fitter they are than us                                      v

who authorised the spend though, we spunked 3mill on pena say, but walked away from buying walker at a mill who at least has played in this league beforehand

dont forget the tarriers spent nearly 6million quid on 2 midfielders that didnt even play against us today, we cannot compete with that spending power, their midfield line up may well cost the same as our whole starting 11 in wages alone,

Windass looked like the only player that could have really troubled in behind didn't get enough service.  Common theme in the recent OF games is we don't get enough safe possession in the celtic half which is down to composure and movement of our midfield/front men.  When someone makes a run for Rangers in behind it's as if we have to play the ball, conversely celtic can put their foot on the ball turn out the other side and have another go and change it up. 

37 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game and fuckin sick.

We contained them for 45 minutes then we collapsed second half.

Morelos had a great chance with the header at 0-1.

We dont have the ability, pace or physicality against them.  

To be honest I feared fuckin worse but I'm still gutted

I thought after we contained them for the first 15 and didn't let them score we had a chance. We had to score first to have any chance and when they scored our heads went down and never looked like getting back in the game. Wasn't a doing but not good enough. We might get a bit of luck in one of these games but we are still years away from competing over a season. Sickening 

27 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

who authorised the spend though, we spunked 3mill on pena say, but walked away from buying walker at a mill who at least has played in this league beforehand

dont forget the tarriers spent nearly 6million quid on 2 midfielders that didnt even play against us today, we cannot compete with that spending power, their midfield line up may well cost the same as our whole starting 11 in wages alone,

I doubt we had any money for Walker.Most of the transfer fees will have been arranged in instalment so we have probably spent fuck all in transfers

Horrible feeling taken from today's game is simply that we looked like a small team playing against a big favourite, we played like we were a Partick Thistle or a Ross County.

Far too much dead wood in that squad still, Pena done what everyone said pre match and let the game pass him by. Dorrans has been terrible ever since the Motherwell game & our fullbacks are shocking, regardless of who we choose.

Only positive from today was McCrorie & the fact we didnt let 4 or 5 in again, dont think they even got out of 2nd gear against us though which is worrying 

A hard one to take; the first half was quite probably even, but the second was where we didn't really play to the same level. They are the better side; they may be among the poorest when they play in European competitions, but they are ahead of us when it comes to making that final ball. Hopefully what we are seeing this season is a progression in terms of us getting better.

33 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

A hard one to take; the first half was quite probably even, but the second was where we didn't really play to the same level. They are the better side; they may be among the poorest when they play in European competitions, but they are ahead of us when it comes to making that final ball. Hopefully what we are seeing this season is a progression in terms of us getting better.

I just watched the first 45 again without the tension of watching it live. We actually played quite well and are maybe a little unlucky not to have scored. The final balls were poor and we were caught offside too many times, although Morelos was through and onside but it was flagged off.

I haven't got the strength to watch the 2nd half again. 

Overall very disappointed, but if we can match them like we did in the first half we stand a chance against them in coming matches.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Again, mate (and with all due respect) does it take more than 8 million to win 3 Scottish games in a row or see of Progres? forget about celtic for a second and think of the bigger picture. The celtic game today has just brought it to a head again as because in a lot of people's eyes this was his last chance to save face and redeem.

Of course it does when you are chasing them with pressure on you every game. You need better players to win games easily enough consistently. I think we could win a cup but not much else with these players. 

Just now, keithgersbear said:

Of course it does when you are chasing them with pressure on you every game. You need better players to win games easily enough consistently. I think we could win a cup but not much else with these players. 

I'm sorry mate but the money we've spent and the resources and players we have we should be doing substantially better than what we are. 

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I just watched the first 45 again without the tension of watching it live. We actually played quite well and are maybe a little unlucky not to have scored. The final balls were poor and we were caught offside too many times, although Morelos was through and onside but it was flagged off.

I haven't got the strength to watch the 2nd half again. 

Overall very disappointed, but if we can match them like we did in the first half we stand a chance against them in coming matches.

I might watch it later I just don't know yet; I would like to have a more objective view, but we'll see. We need to be better in the final ball; only twice did that appear to be the case, both from Morelos.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I'm sorry mate but the money we've spent and the resources and players we have we should be doing substantially better than what we are. 

Not really, we are fighting for 2nd at absolute best or 3rd. Anything else  is pure delusion from people. 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

I'm no board fan boy but looking at who he's brought in, Id say they've provided backing to their man. He was a hugely surprising appointment and they've been proved wrong for that decision but they've still given him plenty money to change the squad to his players. 

PC's tactics, decision making, purchases, etc. have us 8pts behind them already. We can bemoan the lack of funds, or ref decisions, or unlucky injuries, etc. all we want. The buck stops with the manager and unless they grow a pair and punt him, this season will have another cavernous gap, including behind the sheep. 

Absolute pish.

Whilst this board remain there is no challenge to the scum end of, but you like so many haven't the cohoney's to call this board out, so let's have another managerial scape. It aint only this board who have turned us into a circus and it aint our very fucking average manager either!

14 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Not really, we are fighting for 2nd at absolute best or 3rd. Anything else  is pure delusion from people. 

Our resources, money spent and players should have us in clear second. Not a battle for it.

If you think that's an acceptable representation then I don't know what else to say to you. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Our resources, money spent and players should have us in clear second. Not a battle for it.

If you think that's an acceptable representation then I don't know what else to say to you. 

Think it will end up like that at the end of the season. But that's about it as far as the league table is concerned. 

They didn't play particularly well and strolled it today, took key players off in preparation for a midweek game. That alone should be a sign of how the rest of the OF games will go this season.

Done fairly well to contain them in the 1st. Heart went when we conceded and never recovered. The midfield had to boss the game and they failed. Couple of half chances and not a lot of positives we can take from the game.

The next two games will decide if Pedro will be here in the long run. 6/6 or he is a goner 

47 minutes ago, Imodium said:

They didn't play particularly well and strolled it today, took key players off in preparation for a midweek game. That alone should be a sign of how the rest of the OF games will go this season.

Done fairly well to contain them in the 1st. Heart went when we conceded and never recovered. The midfield had to boss the game and they failed. Couple of half chances and not a lot of positives we can take from the game.

The next two games will decide if Pedro will be here in the long run. 6/6 or he is a goner 

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Absolute pish.

Whilst this board remain there is no challenge to the scum end of, but you like so many haven't the cohoney's to call this board out, so let's have another managerial scape. It aint only this board who have turned us into a circus and it aint our very fucking average manager either!

tenor.gif.f457895a7f6af3c8654694cc0c26b4ed.gif

2 hours ago, Bighouse said:

Just rambling on about Lego Eater, and how Pedro makes his presence felt loud and clear etc etc

I wish he would just learn to say nothing.

Everyone moans about Brown strutting about getting a free pass from refs and media, and the one guy who calls him out should say nothing...