*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

I'll probably change my mind several times this week but if I was picking a team right now I'd go... 

Wes

McCrorie Cardoso Alves John

Tav Dorrans Jack Candeias

Miller

Morelos

Perhaps a bit unfair to throw McCrorie in for his first start in this game but I don't think we can afford to play Tav at full back against Sinclair, I also don't fancy Hodson there either. Miller was the other question mark given recent form but I'd start him given his experience and record in these games. 

We should be going 3 at the back to pack the midfield. Counter their 3 at the back they'll likely play.

Because we've not tried that formation yet it's a huge gamble to mow play it on Saturday.

I really don't know the team or tactics, probably wait until I find out who's available after last night's injuries.

17 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

4-5-1 or 3-5-1-1 for me.

We need to flood the midfield to have any chance, imo.

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We should be going 3 at the back to pack the midfield. Counter their 3 at the back they'll likely play.

Because we've not tried that formation yet it's a huge gamble to mow play it on Saturday.

I really don't know the team or tactics, probably wait until I find out who's available after last night's injuries.

I think many people are now realising we need 5 in midfield. Most teams we play are below our level so three at the back is fine if we have two holding midfielders. This means we play a far more attacking game. 

I'm of the opinion that pedro is Warburton MK2 - has no real tactics, no plan B, no ideas on teams vulnerabilities and how to exploit them.

Despite this i think it will be a low score line and we can pull off  a draw, even a win if we get freakishly lucky.

We cannot lose this game with 2 away trips after. Fuck this up and we could be middle October and already double figures behind the scum.

This is an absolutely must win game for more than this reason also, I expect the players to fucking understand that

42 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

McCoist said he would not go two up front on BT last night. I can see his point, don't see the point in goping gung ho here.

Reluctantly agree. Fact of the matter is our squad/first eleven isn't as good as theirs, we need to play a smart game. What we'd give to have Walter in charge for this one. Set up to frustrate them and hit them on the break, Morelos only needs one chance to get on the score-sheet, Kenny always has a habit of doing so. 

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'll probably change my mind several times this week but if I was picking a team right now I'd go... 

Wes

McCrorie Cardoso Alves John

Tav Dorrans Jack Candeias

Miller

Morelos

Perhaps a bit unfair to throw McCrorie in for his first start in this game but I don't think we can afford to play Tav at full back against Sinclair, I also don't fancy Hodson there either. Miller was the other question mark given recent form but I'd start him given his experience and record in these games. 

I think Tavernier and Candeias will be fine against Sinclair.

It's the left hand side that's the concern for me.

I never like worrying about the opposition but after the last game against them we need to be solid. They obv are the better team but they certainly raise their game against us.

We just can't afford to sit off them.

Id go

Foderingham

Tavernier Cardoso Alves John

Candeias Jack Dorrans Holt

Pena

Morelos

Holts energy can help John down the left can also put Pena in as a 5 or turn it into a 3 up top if we grow into the game.

Simply need to pack the midfield to have any chance on Saturday.

Even against Dundee at Ibrox, they had so much space it's untrue, El Bakhtaoui had 10 yards free around him most of the time when he picked up the ball, reminded me of the last game against them when it was that wee cunt mcgregor/armstrong. Really need 6/7 players to play above themselves and not go into hiding if we're going to have any hope.

34 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I think Tavernier and Candeias will be fine against Sinclair.

It's the left hand side that's the concern for me.

I never like worrying about the opposition but after the last game against them we need to be solid. They obv are the better team but they certainly raise their game against us.

We just can't afford to sit off them.

Id go

Foderingham

Tavernier Cardoso Alves John

Candeias Jack Dorrans Holt

Pena

Morelos

Holts energy can help John down the left can also put Pena in as a 5 or turn it into a 3 up top if we grow into the game.

The only reservations I have about that team is Pena, I'm not sure he's ready for a game like this. That and I also cant see Pedro leaving Miller out.