*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

3 hours ago, miracle said:

What was going on with the extra balls repeatedly thrown onto the field in the second half?  There was 3 balls on the pitch at one point.

Cünts behind the goal held on to it if it went into the stand, then hilariously disrupted the game by then throwing it back onto the field after a replacement was saught. Struck me as being completely dumb, why disrupt a game that they were in control of and doing well in? Did it at least three times.

Mcrorrie had a decent game . Tav , I thought , played well . Sinclair is by far their biggest treat n he was kept quiet . Jack was alright considering he was doing the job of 2 . Windass worked hard n gave an outball

Dorrans was shocking, I was closer to their midfield sitting in the govan front. Hodson could possibly be the worst player at the club.  Cardosa was poor , panicky  . Candeias didn't really do anything . It's maybe time alnwick gets a run of games . 

Pena done a job , I know he wasn't effective on the ball like he should be , but he sat on the Lego eating cunt n stopped him playing . 

Morelos worked hard n fought every ball .

15 hours ago, jbm26896 said:

Pedro getting stick for standing up for our players is a joke .

Exactly.

Then all this shite about us being a better second. Another fucking pathetic excuse to have a go. 

Why no screaming for first? Oh that's right, the gap is too wide and it would cost a fortune and signal it's time to call out King. Can't do that, because that would take courage. We's have to get up off our fat erses and do something, sp let's do the dignified silence that we are so good at.

We have calls for the StJ manager, whom I actually admire, but Rangers class? Never in a million. Then calls for the most spineless fucking manger in the league in McKinnes and who year can't get past goat herders in the Europa qualifiers.

Is all this the new Ranger's way? King must be laughing his cock off at how cowardly and how readily we settle for second best.

I never thought I would hear the day that we need to be a better second. It is as pathetic is it is shameless as it is spineless. It's no fucking wonder we get a board we deserve with a support like this.

Dig in for forever being second. We are now in full alignment with the board. The rebels have won indeed.

This needs to change.  We are accepting humiliation from the ones we detest the most in our own back yard.

Murty demonstrated more managerial ability in his short tenure than Warburton and Pedro have combined.  

Get Smith and Murty in till end of the season. ..Yeah I know I know 'let Smith enjoy his retirement, let's looks forward etc' but, I really can't think of a way outta this fucking mess.

1 hour ago, He's blue he's white said:

Murty demonstrated more managerial ability in his short tenure than Warburton and Pedro have combined.  

Did he aye? Maybe you should look at the results we had under murty rather than the one lucky last minute equaliser against them.

Fucking pish some folk talk about murty is unbelievable

1 minute ago, the_r_sole said:

Did he aye? Maybe you should look at the results we had under murty rather than the one lucky last minute equaliser against them.

Fucking pish some folk talk about murty is unbelievable

I would feel much more comfortable with murty preparing and managing the team than Pedro.

1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

I would feel much more comfortable with murty preparing and managing the team than Pedro.

Murty fluked a draw, with a last minute winner and they were denied an absolute stonewall penalty during it. Sure we dropped points at Dundee and someone else during his 4,5 games.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Murty fluked a draw, with a last minute winner and they were denied an absolute stonewall penalty during it. Sure we dropped points at Dundee and someone else during his 4,5 games.

Pumped by Dundee and Inverness who hadn't won for months, but a late equaliser in a game against them makers you a brilliant manager apparently...

2 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

U really are an r-sole.  Read my fucking posts.

You think this guy can steady the ship because of a late equaliser against them and discount any of the fucking shite he oversaw, not much more to read there, you could just do the same with Pedro, mind he won away to Aberdeen last season 3-0 when we had a horrific away record, must mean he's the best manager ever

I'm sick of people banging on about Murty, shows a complete unawareness of the situation.

Murty was under zero pressure, and so was his players. That kind of freedom would have created the ability to punch well above their weight.

The difficult part of being Rangers manager, or being a Rangers player is to perform under pressure week in week out - no matter what happens and what is said about you.

Murty and his players didn't have that pressure at all - so can we please once and for all shut up about it.

It is not comparable, unless you are willing to tell half the story - and when is that kind of argument ever helpful?

1 hour ago, He's blue he's white said:

This needs to change.  We are accepting humiliation from the ones we detest the most in our own back yard.

Get Smith and Murty in till end of the season. ..Yeah I know I know 'let Smith enjoy his retirement, let's looks forward etc' but, I really can't think of a way outta this fucking mess.

Smith is no miracle worker. plus what do we do at the end of the season? 

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'm sick of people banging on about Murty, shows a complete unawareness of the situation.

Murty was under zero pressure, and so was his players. That kind of freedom would have created the ability to punch well above their weight.

The difficult part of being Rangers manager, or being a Rangers player is to perform under pressure week in week out - no matter what happens and what is said about you.

Murty and his players didn't have that pressure at all - so can we please once and for all shut up about it.

It is not comparable, unless you are willing to tell half the story - and when is that kind of argument ever helpful?

I don't get the Murty thing either

Tbh, I thought the result yesterday was expected, as much as I hated to admit and it was really pish. Going into an old firm match minus four defenders from our squad was always going to be a tough ask against the scum at full strength. I'm not sure if PC will be around long term, but all the team talk, selection and tactics in the world can't legislate for two or three defenders kicking at fresh air for the first goal and our keeper getting beat at his near post for the second. Decent first half, but still way short in the end.

I know deep down Murty isn't the answer, but I'm so sick of watching us stumble from one mess to another with Pedro talking drivel throughout the majority of his pressers.  I genuinely think he has recruited well - always a risk of getting a few wrong when you bring in so many, however Pena, Dalcio and Herrera were a mistake.  Should've went for Moult rather than Herrera and a different CAM.

A good manager gets the most out of all employees, he can recognise what makes an individual tick and knows how to challenge and support them.  He recognises and demonstrates an understanding to identify strengths, skills and has the ability to utilise them daily and breaths confidence when faced with new challenges and offers them the platform to perform.

I genuinely think Pedro needs replaced, there has been examples of managers who make players better...we can't afford nor compete for the signature of the finished article.  I'm loathed to keep using the example of Walter Smith, but I can't help it.  In times like the now, we really appreciate how good a man manager he was and understood the challenge that was in front of us.  Look at the example of Kevin Thomson, when he came to us he wasn't the tough tackling enforcer we enjoyed watching, but more a box to box midfielder who liked getting on the end of things.  Smith made him into the one of the best defensive midfielders during my time watching us.

surely there must be managers out there who can transform our players, a manger who can mould what we have into something better, something more competitive, something that resembles a Rangers team.  Potentially we have a great spine with Alves, Cardoso, Jack, Dorrans and Morelos.  A good manager can immeadielty improve us, surely.

Just tortured myself again by watching it back. 

Fuck me Hodson’s poor. He shit it trying to clear it for their first goal (yes Cardoso should have put it it the park before that) and never bothered his fucking hole tackling Robets for the pass to the ugly thumb. Gave him yards to make the pass. 

His general play was over all, poor. He allowed loads of attacks to become more dangerous than they should have. 

Probably stating the obvious but thought I’d just put it out there 

The way we played didn't look out of place compared to them playing any other team which is sad.

We tried to contain them (at Ibrox which is sickening) and tried to the counter attack. Had a chance of a pen and 1 or 2 chances. When they scored you knew the game was fading away. 

It's not how we should be playing but it's where we are. King and the board need to do something special.