Candieas

Ivybank

7 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Basically won us the game with an assist and a goal. Whatever happened to the fans going on about "id rather win ugly" etc.... 

And arguably nearly lost us the game with that miss.

It gave Thistle the impetus to go for it, like they'd had a lifeline given to them.

I thought after the 90 we'd be getting beaten. At that point I thought he had been poor again. Misplaced passes, caught in possession, that miss.

To his credit he kept going and got the goal. A good goal. And also a good assist.

I like him, I'm not suggesting dropping him,but am also not going to say he had a good game for things he did in extra time when I think his overall play over the full match was poor.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the difference between a good footballer and an average one. After his miss he didn't shy away from the game and eventually got a goal and assist which won us the game. 

Windass head went when he missed an absolute sitter and that was him bar one run in ET

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That's the difference between a good footballer and an average one. After his miss he didn't shy away from the game and eventually got a goal and assist which won us the game. 

Windass head went when he missed an absolute sitter and that was him bar one run in ET

It's the difference between someone with the right attitude and someone who doesn't.

He battled on and showed great attitude. And redeemed himself and got us our rewards.

Windass? I just know he's the sort who at the end of 90 mins doesn't bother if it's a win loss or draw. There's no way he's sitting raging after Friday waiting for the opportunity to make amends.

Given what I've seen of candeais before the two thistle games, and knowing what we need from a wide player, I'm in no doubt that he has been poor in both the Thistle matches.

28 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Been garbage the past two games.

Had a 5 minute spell in ET  where he scored and set up Herrera but was anonymous before that and his miss was syptematic of his performance.

As for his set-pieces - mince.

This, rotten as you say the last 2 90 minute games ,rotten against hibs ,rotten against hearts, that's 4 games .laughable everybody that's saying he's been a great,consistent signing,

and to everybody who said I compared him to McKay, read the fkn post I said if McKay hadn't beaten a man in 6 games (especially Lafferty at left back) he would have been slaughtered and rightly so.

his miss last night was at such a crucial time was van vossenesque

so can anybody tell me when has he won motm, or played well in any game so far?

9 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

If McKay had shown half the hunger and desire Candieas has he'd still be a Rangers player.

Not really.

If McKay wanted to be here he'd still be a Rangers player.

Rejecting contract offers and wanting to leave is why he's not still a Rangers player.

39 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This is getting fucking ridiculous now. 

Are folk just going to pluck a player at random and then slaughter them. 

Get a fucking life. 

What I like about him is in games he's been poor he's gave his absolute all. That's all I ask. He's a 750k signing who has had about 7 loan spells. For me he's surpassed what I thought he'd be. He's no superstar but the boy gives everything and doesn't hide. 

That's all I ask for and part of the reason I despised most of the team last year, more interested in hiding and shouting at youth players than giving everything.

A lack of talent I don't mind, a lack of heart I despise.

Aka josh windass 

16 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

What I like about him is in games he's been poor he's gave his absolute all. That's all I ask. He's a 750k signing who has had about 7 loan spells. For me he's surpassed what I thought he'd be. He's no superstar but the boy gives everything and doesn't hide. 

That's all I ask for and part of the reason I despised most of the team last year, more interested in hiding and shouting at youth players than giving everything.

A lack of talent I don't mind, a lack of heart I despise.

Aka josh windass 

Couldn’t agree more mate. 

Gives his all 110%, and when he is on his game is almost unplayable. Up alongside Morelos for a great bit of business by the club. 

I really don't understand how he's getting so much flak if I'm honest.

He can cross a ball that's for sure, he put a corner kick on Pena's head for our first, stole the ball in midfield for Morelos to come close, set up Herrera for his cheeky goal, scored one himself and could have had two if he was a bit more composed. He defended, attacked and never stopped giving his all. He's exactly the player we have been crying out for - and here he is, raw, but he's here and cunts are still greeting he's not fucking some sort of Ronaldo. 

I think some of our fans are just pre-deposed to moaning, I really do...