Candieas

Ivybank

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's up there with Jack and Morelos as one of our best buys of the summer, IMO. He's contributed several assists and goals. Could have went to pieces after his awful miss, but instead rifled us into the lead at a crucial time in the game. He has the right mentality. Look at Windass who missed an absolute sitter and contributed next to nothing afterwards.

He's not even that bad at beating a man and has intelligence in his game. Each to their own, but couldn't disagree more with the OP.

He leads the league in deliveries from wide areas, before the Partick games he delivered  45 balls into the box while only taking on a defender 8 times, he's 29 his legs wont have the pace he had earlier in his career so he plays his position to his strengths, he's there to get the ball into dangerous areas, thats what he does.

For comparison Barrie McKay had 93 across the whole of the league campaign last season.

1 hour ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

He leads the league in deliveries from wide areas, before the Partick games he delivered  45 balls into the box while only taking on a defender 8 times, he's 29 his legs wont have the pace he had earlier in his career so he plays his position to his strengths, he's there to get the ball into dangerous areas, thats what he does.

For comparison Barrie McKay had 93 across the whole of the league campaign last season.

WTF -- where do you find these stats  -- if you have a wee excel spreadsheet in the house I think I'll kill myself :mutley:

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

WTF -- where do you find these stats  -- if you have a wee excel spreadsheet in the house I think I'll kill myself :mutley:

Fuck no. I cannie remember what I went in the kitchen for let alone tote around stats like that.

Read it in the hootsman last week.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/four-of-the-most-interesting-stats-from-the-scottish-premiership-so-far-1-4560374