Dorrans

Ferris Bueller

Under-rated. I think he will be good for us at the weekend. He was given not one bit of credit for his performance against Dundee, where his passing was brilliant at times. We won that match tonight thanks to having players like him in the team; a good solid player who hasn't let us down yet. He has a big role in this team coming up, and I believe he and Jack will more than rise to the challenge.

First half vs Motherwell and last 20 minutes vs a 10 man Partick aside, I haven't seen much of him that's impressed me. He'll need to get the finger oot for Saturday. 

One big performance from him and the team on Saturday with a good result could go a long way. They better play like their livelihood's depend on it. 

He needs to do a lot of graft in the midfield while trying to get forward whenever he can.  He has 3 league goals to his name already and could easily finish the season with 10+ from midfield which is a great return.  He brings something to our overall play and we would certainly miss him if he wasn't in the team.

What more are people expecting from him?

9 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Has he found Nicky Law's invisibility cloak?

Wouldn't have known he was on the park for most of that game. Major, major disappointment of a signing so far.

Definitely agree his performance last night was woeful, over-cooked or under-cooked nearly every pass. His good performances have outweighed his bad ones though. 

As Ive said on the match thread,I believe Dorrans and Jack hold the key to what happens at the weekend.Both have to be on the top of their games,but if they sit just in front of the back four and   play well,I can see them nullifying a major part of any attacking threat.

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Like Alves he's another with talent that will come good but I thought him and Jack were invisible men last night 

They just don't dominate a midfield.

Now 352 against us doesn't help against our 4, especially when one of the 4 is windass.

I accept they do a lit if the dirty work but they need to impose more.

A huge test for them on Saturday.

Give the bheasts control of midfield and it's game over.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

They just don't dominate a midfield.

Now 352 against us doesn't help against our 4, especially when one of the 4 is windass.

I accept they do a lit if the dirty work but they need to impose more.

A huge test for them on Saturday.

Give the bheasts control of midfield and it's game over.

Totally agree it's something I've always said doing the dirty work no one sees is all good and well but you've got to impose and make a contribution too with the football if not then our midfield is in trouble 

Is part of a solid partnership in midfield with Jack.Both players do their jobs brilliantly and rarely waste a ball.If the others round about them aren't doing their jobs it's not either of their faults.They harry and win possession and get forward where possible.The workrate they both put in is immense.The only thing that makes Dorrans invisible to people is their own blindness to not watching what he does as much off the ball as on it.

He probably needs to play a little further forward to have more of an effect on games. If we had Rossiter fit for the weekend i'd have went for a 4-2-3-1 to make us solid and give him more of a free role. Something like: 

Wes

Tav     Cardoso   Alves  John

Rossiter   Jack

Candeias    Dorrans    Pena

Morelos

3 hours ago, rfc_watp said:

Was working last night so didn't see the full game but I was there on Friday and thought he played one of his best games for us.

Scores a 25yard screamer to equalise as well I'm sure...can't remember Nicky Law doing that ya clown.

Take a day off.

Couple in here! 

Some memories in here right enough.