Foderingham new contract

Billy1984

Keepers are hard to come by especially English ones so good bit of business tying him down for an extra year knowing that it could be tricky to deal with just a year left.

Unless either him or Alnwick leave we are not getting another keeper.

Seen some of his replies on twitter and I think he gets what it means to play for this club and the expectation that comes with it.

Improved vastly over the past year and is one of few who actually care, with the right coaching he can further improve with age.

wee things like 'here's to the next 100' after reaching 100 games for us recently also show he's not the wantaway some speculated over the summer.

It's a fact of life at any club where the position of your best Goalkeeper becomes polarised by fans (unless you have a top class keeper and his understudy is clearly inferior) and it's no different at our club where we have Wes Foderingham aged 26 yrs battling it out with Jak Alnwick aged 24 yrs. Now, both of these keepers are nowhere near the finished article because it's a fact that age and experience are the main factors for this position. I personally think that there's not much between them at the moment, so I think this extension for Foderingham is a very good move for all concerned. I won't be upset if Jak Alnwick gets the nod for the game against the scum,but I think it would be harsh on Wes being dropped. I'm sure our goalkeeping coach and Pedro Caixhina will look at how both keepers train for the rest of the week and make the correct decision; but my money is on big Wes to be between the sticks.

then just behind them is Liam Kelly aged 21 yrs, young Robbie McCrory