Herrera as lone striker on Saturday

MisterC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than his goalscoring I think one of Morelos' best attributes is when he has his back to goal and holding a defender off. He always has a nice wee touch to push the ball away to give himself some space and then uses his strength to hold the defender off which gives others time to get up and support. Plus he is our only player willing to take a shot first time and has the ability to hit the target 9 times out of 10. 

I think there might be good chance that Hererra will start with Morelos playing not that far off him. I saw the scum game against PSG and the 2 centre backs for them look tall and strong I think one is the Croatian. I think if we play with Herrera up front he can be used to just divert attention of their 2 centre backs and make himself annoying to them so that it can free space for Morelos. Morelos is good at holding the ball up but I think if we just play only him up front then they will just double up on him which will make it more difficult for him. Hererra can play role that is not to be technical or fancy but to just divert attention to free up space. 

1 hour ago, denya said:

I think there might be good chance that Hererra will start with Morelos playing not that far off him. I saw the scum game against PSG and the 2 centre backs for them look tall and strong I think one is the Croatian. I think if we play with Herrera up front he can be used to just divert attention of their 2 centre backs and make himself annoying to them so that it can free space for Morelos. Morelos is good at holding the ball up but I think if we just play only him up front then they will just double up on him which will make it more difficult for him. Hererra can play role that is not to be technical or fancy but to just divert attention to free up space. 

Your final point is why I can see this happening. I think with his size he can make a nuisance of himself. If we do go with 2 up front we will be exposed further back so it has to be a 4-5-1

23 hours ago, MisterC said:

I wouldn't be surprised if herrera ends up playing as lone striker this weekend. The fact is that a 4-5-1 is the logical formation to go but I don't think Morelos is suitable for the lone striker due to his size. I think you need a physical presence and big eduardo fits the bill. He's strong, holds up the ball well and knows where the goal is. I think Morelos temperament might let him down so best he comes off the bench at some stage. 

Probably the worst post of the year...aye let's drop our best striker and guy who's been banging the goals in for a striker who has only started 1 game for us and scored 2 goals!!!

brillant idea