Partick Thistle Vs Rangers (CUP) - Video

julescotia

Enjoy :rangers:

**Quality may not be as good as normal, as my movie editor thingy has became corrupt whilst doing it, and wasn't starting again ... so Ive just screen recorded it inside the movie maker - looks a wee bit blurrier than usual to me.  Time to reset my laptop me thinks, as a few things are getting fucked/slow :anger:

It was a bit blurry but I wish you had blurred it a bit more so I didn't have to watch that horror attempt from Windass and that even worse effort from Daniel Van Vossen Candeias.

Actually it wasn't too bad mate and thanks as usual for posting it.

6 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It was a bit blurry but I wish you had blurred it a bit more so I didn't have to watch that horror attempt from Windass and that even worse effort from Daniel Van Vossen Candeias.

Actually it wasn't too bad mate and thanks as usual for posting it.

Windass' was  more of a shocker;  Candeias should have gone low, and I don't know why he didn't do that.

47 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Windass' was  more of a shocker;  Candeias should have gone low, and I don't know why he didn't do that.

You are probably correct,Turnberry because that "effort" from Windass was easier to put in the back of the net than to fuck it up in such a fashion. The reason I said Candeias was even worse was because it reminded me so much of that open goal van Vossen had butchered at the piggery in 1996 ( I hate groundhog days)....The reason Caneias didn't hit it low was because after he took it round the keeper he tried to power it into the net (probably because a defender was right on him) and he ended up off balance and ballooned it into the stand.All he had to do was side foot it and it was past the defender and into the net. I hope he learns that lesson that the ball only needs to cross the line; no need to burst the net.

19 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

You are probably correct,Turnberry because that "effort" from Windass was easier to put in the back of the net than to fuck it up in such a fashion. The reason I said Candeias was even worse was because it reminded me so much of that open goal van Vossen had butchered at the piggery in 1996 ( I hate groundhog days)....The reason Caneias didn't hit it low was because after he took it round the keeper he tried to power it into the net (probably because a defender was right on him) and he ended up off balance and ballooned it into the stand.All he had to do was side foot it and it was past the defender and into the net. I hope he learns that lesson that the ball only needs to cross the line; no need to burst the net.

Agreed Oz, Candeias tried too hard when the simple thing was to do as you said.

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Agreed Oz, Candeias tried too hard when the simple thing was to do as you said.

I think we have all done that at one time or another,or something similar, but I hope he learns a lesson from it. As soon as you connect with the ball you immediately know you have fucked up and want the ground to open up and swallow you. His saving grace (sort of) is that he scored quickly in extra time and our players then didn't fuck up and try and defend in our own penalty box, although it remains to be seen what damage if any that extra 30 minutes did to our players energy levels.

Just now, Ozblue said:

I think we have all done that at one time or another,or something similar, but I hope he learns a lesson from it. As soon as you connect with the ball you immediately know you have fucked up and want the ground to open up and swallow you. His saving grace (sort of) is that he scored quickly in extra time and our players then didn't fuck up and try and defend in our own penalty box, although it remains to be seen what damage if any that extra 30 minutes did to our players energy levels.

Hopefully not too much damage, but yet again we could have finished them off earlier, the same with the last match, and made hard work of it; hopefully the day's rest extra makes sure we're okay for the game. His goal was well taken, with some nice improvisation to it; as was Herrera's as well. What do you think Oz, one up front and a five midfield against them?

Thanks for posting this m8 - unsurprisingly, Rangers TV put the ball on the slates and don't have it available to watch yet. Should have buried them - that miss on the breakaway in particular was appalling. Still, I truly believe - IF we take our chances - that we have a squad capable of beating that other mob. Hope my words don't come back to haunt me, but there seems to be a good fluidity to our play that's finally falling into place (as long as a few select players are left on the bench).

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Hopefully not too much damage, but yet again we could have finished them off earlier, the same with the last match, and made hard work of it; hopefully the day's rest extra makes sure we're okay for the game. His goal was well taken, with some nice improvisation to it; as was Herrera's as well. What do you think Oz, one up front and a five midfield against them?

Week after week we have the same problem regarding chances that go a begging , but it's not all down to bad finishing,except for some that are obvious such as mainly Windass, Kenny Miller and a few others missing sitters lately.Our main problem is a combination of two things...#1: Our build up where we try and retain possession at all costs by passing the ball backwards/sideways until we see an opening lets the opposition funnel back to their 18 yard box en-masse and makes it almost certain that our shots will ricochet off a defender.

#2: The tenacity and effort every team puts in against us is unreal and since Pedro made this particular statement I've trolled through youtube etc to see clips of these type of teams and how they perform against the likes of the scum and the sheep...and the difference is chalk and cheese, believe me.The answer to the first example is two fast wide men who will take their fullbacks on and turn their central defenders when they whip the ball into the mix....easier said than done,I know.

Our three goals were excellent; How the hell Carlos Peña managed to get his head to that corner still has me scratching my head AND it was no fluke. Candeias misses a sitter with his "kicking" foot yet scores a screamer with his left peg and that back flick from Herrera was a real gem .

In answer to your question...I think a lot will depend on injuries and who we have available but if I was Caixinha I would be looking at a fluid 4-5-1 formation that could change to a 3-5-2 formation depending on how the game pans out. We MUST get a grip of that midfield and a 4-4-2 won't do it if we have any chance of getting something out of this game.

7 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Thanks for posting this m8 - unsurprisingly, Rangers TV put the ball on the slates and don't have it available to watch yet. Should have buried them - that miss on the breakaway in particular was appalling. Still, I truly believe - IF we take our chances - that we have a squad capable of beating that other mob. Hope my words don't come back to haunt me, but there seems to be a good fluidity to our play that's finally falling into place (as long as a few select players are left on the bench).

We should have a squad to at least compete with the scum,del, but will Caixinha put in the players who can do it? We can't afford to take a punt on Kenny or Niko or even Windass, because the first two haven't got the legs to battle in the middle of the park and Windass covering/tracking back is abysmal. Niko Cranjcar is a sublime footballer and I have always defended Kenny Miller since I first watched him score his first goal for us way back in the year 2000, but the scum at the weekend is a bridge too far for them if we want to get a result.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

We should have a squad to at least compete with the scum,del, but will Caixinha put in the players who can do it? We can't afford to take a punt on Kenny or Niko or even Windass, because the first two haven't got the legs to battle in the middle of the park and Windass covering/tracking back is abysmal. Niko Cranjcar is a sublime footballer and I have always defended Kenny Miller since I first watched him score his first goal for us way back in the year 2000, but the scum at the weekend is a bridge too far for them if we want to get a result.

You mentioned my "select" players, and I feel exactly the same about Niko, Windass, and Miller as you do. I actually love watching Niko, but his pace or lack thereof is a huge problem. Miller is Miller - fantastic servant for the club but his best day are definitely behind him. As for Windass...not a huge fan, but he can still prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, delparlane said:

You mentioned my "select" players, and I feel exactly the same about Niko, Windass, and Miller as you do. I actually love watching Niko, but his pace or lack thereof is a huge problem. Miller is Miller - fantastic servant for the club but his best day are definitely behind him. As for Windass...not a huge fan, but he can still prove me wrong.

Niko has never had pace,even as a youngster, but his football brain and skill was more than good enough to make him a sublime midfielder; unfortunately Scottish football ensures he won't get the time or the space to use those talents. Kenny Miller can still show flashes of brilliance and his football brain is still there, but unfortunately he has lost that yard of pace meaning he can't get into the areas we need him to be in. Windass? from what I've seen, he has the attributes but I think he lacks the moral fibre for the fight when the going gets tough.