How can you live in Glasgow and not care about football?

The Widow's Son

Even at this mature age, I'm still amazed that there are some people who care not a whit about football.  One of my brothers never cared, never showed any interest and probably couldn't have found Ibrox unless you dropped him off on PRW and pointed him in the right direction.  Come to think of it, I don't know if he ever set foot in Ibrox at all during his life.  His children had a very slight interest growing up but it never grew from there.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suspicious of men who don't watch or like football.

Many years ago, I had a manager who pretended to like football. He was worse than those who don't actually like it.

He used to talk an incredible amount of shite, but no-one would question him because correcting the boss is never a wise move.

He used to join a conversation about football five minutes after it finished because that was enough time for him to Google what he thought as the right thing to say.

On 21/09/2017 at 13:30, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'm suspicious of men who don't watch or like football.

Many years ago, I had a manager who pretended to like football. He was worse than those who don't actually like it.

He used to talk an incredible amount of shite, but no-one would question him because correcting the boss is never a wise move.

He used to join a conversation about football five minutes after it finished because that was enough time for him to Google what he thought as the right thing to say

Thistle supporters are worse than folk that have no interest.

Imagine not taking sides but happily bringing up young farqhaur to view failure as the norm in a city that dominates football in the country.

Probably end up playing rugger or cricket.

31 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The worst ones are boys/lassies that don't like it, then come the day/week of Rangers celtic games, start spouting shite on Facebook.

This. Folk that couldn't give 2 fucks when we're in the lower leagues are suddenly staunch as fuck come OF day, or taigs that never watch a game but if Rangers get beat they'll open their mouths

Sometimes I feel like I've more respect for a taig that actually supports his team than I do for so called Bears who never bother their arse, but I could never respect a taig so I'm just talking pish int a :lol:

1 hour ago, OhW said:

It's pretty understandable that, in a city obsessed with football, a fair amount of people will go in the opposite direction. Look at all the animosity between fans, that is intimidating for some. You also have the geeks who were terrible at all sport growing up, so they associate football with the guys who used to bully them at school or whatever. Now they have the internet so they can go and talk about dragons and wizards with similar nerds from around the globe. That's my half-baked theory anyway.

Also, I think it has a lot to do with whether your da liked football.

Guy I work with was exactly that, geeky wee guy who liked all your usual geek shit, kinda guy to come into work with a wrestling t shirt on lol

Randomly one day he turned into taig, started following all their pages, sharing statues and posting song lyrics, came out for a work night out and said that wee James Roberts is some player..cunt had no idea

Will still post pictures of himself drowned in their colours on Saturday, wearing rosary beads and touching his sister...the full whack.

Tbh I don't like football anymore, what happened to us and the insane money floating around elsewhere has made me a right bitter cunt about the game.

Go every week to watch us but other than that will only see a game if it's on when am in the pub.