How can you live in Glasgow and not care about football?

The Widow's Son

3 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'm suspicious of men who don't watch or like football.

Many years ago, I had a manager who pretended to like football. He was worse than those who don't actually like it.

He used to talk an incredible amount of shite, but no-one would question him because correcting the boss is never a wise move.

He used to join a conversation about football five minutes after it finished because that was enough time for him to Google what he thought as the right thing to say.

Haha, I also had a new manager start. Early days he obviously got to know me and used to come in with random statements like "Cristiano Ronaldos good at getting goals". Mind one time he asked me if I rated Wayne Rodney as a player. Burst out laughing in his face, couldn't help it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are times I wish I never cared, but then you think of the euphoric highs it gives you when it is worth it. These people will rarely encounter the feelings of complete unsurpassable joy we do, ie when we score against the scum or in Europe. They'll never know, they just don't get it, which is fine but what do they have instead??

Worst is cunts that think they know it all because they play FIFA

I rarely watch any other games apart from ours, just doesn't interest me really, I enjoy watching games in the pub but when it's not Rangers playing I don't really care enough to put it on in the house and I'll be the first to admit I know fuck all about English football or any other football in general, I've obviously heard and know of the big players but most of them I couldn't even tell you what team they play for

Then you get folk who are pretty much the same as me but because they play FIFA and know players ratings they suddenly think they're qualified pundits that know all about football when they've been to maybe one game in a decade

In my experience the guys I know who know the most about football are the ones who actually follow a team, I think you get a lot more out of a game by watching it live than you do on the telly.

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Worst is cunts that think they know it all because they play FIFA

I rarely watch any other games apart from ours, just doesn't interest me really, I enjoy watching games in the pub but when it's not Rangers playing I don't really care enough to put it on in the house and I'll be the first to admit I know fuck all about English football or any other football in general, I've obviously heard and know of the big players but most of them I couldn't even tell you what team they play for

Then you get folk who are pretty much the same as me but because they play FIFA and know players ratings they suddenly think they're qualified pundits that know all about football when they've been to maybe one game in a decade

In my experience the guys I know who know the most about football are the ones who actually follow a team, I think you get a lot more out of a game by watching it live than you do on the telly.

I play FIFA and attend, therefore I know it all.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I play FIFA and attend, therefore I know it all.

Aye that's fair enough, I'm more of a Space Marine ultimate fighting machine type rather than a football fan so I play Halo instead of FIFA, can't explain the offside rule but I can't kill a potential alien uprising in its tracks

Some people are just not really that interested in sport, I don't see the problem with that, it's just whatever they prefer. I know someone who is heavily into politics, economics and stuff like technology, results in the stock market to him are like results for us at Ibrox and fair play to him for that.

2 hours ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

I don't understand how anyone can't like football. I've lost interest in EPL but still watch any game on the tele whenever can no matter who on bar them . 

Simple, because not every individual is the same, what you like is not the same as what other people like.

4 hours ago, OhW said:

It's pretty understandable that, in a city obsessed with football, a fair amount of people will go in the opposite direction. Look at all the animosity between fans, that is intimidating for some. You also have the geeks who were terrible at all sport growing up, so they associate football with the guys who used to bully them at school or whatever. Now they have the internet so they can go and talk about dragons and wizards with similar nerds from around the globe. That's my half-baked theory anyway.

Also, I think it has a lot to do with whether your da liked football.

You take that back ya big, ya big, ya big bully or I'll use my wand of fireballs on ye!!!:pipe:

54 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Some people are just not really that interested in sport, I don't see the problem with that, it's just whatever they prefer. I know someone who is heavily into politics, economics and stuff like technology, results in the stock market to him are like results for us at Ibrox and fair play to him for that.

Aye that's quite different tho, i doubt the guy is a "fan" of any companies on the stock market, he celebrates because it's of personal benefit to him, whereas supporting a Club actually costs fans hundreds if not thousands of pounds a year

2 hours ago, Spliffy said:

There are times I wish I never cared, but then you think of the euphoric highs it gives you when it is worth it. These people will rarely encounter the feelings of complete unsurpassable joy we do, ie when we score against the scum or in Europe. They'll never know, they just don't get it, which is fine but what do they have instead??

Those who understand need no explanation,

Those who don't understand don't matter.

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This. Folk that couldn't give 2 fucks when we're in the lower leagues are suddenly staunch as fuck come OF day, or taigs that never watch a game but if Rangers get beat they'll open their mouths

Sometimes I feel like I've more respect for a taig that actually supports his team than I do for so called Bears who never bother their arse, but I could never respect a taig so I'm just talking pish int a :lol:

I know a few like this. Openly telling people while we were in the lower leagues that they had no interest in football and declaring their love for other sports but as soon as we were back in the top flight they had a season ticket.

One of the cunts has been giving his ticket out to everyone and anyone that wants to use it so far this season but sure enough he's keeping it for himself this week.

Plastic cunts.

15 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Think he posts on the boardroom forum mate.

20 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Thistle supporters are worse than folk that have no interest.

Imagine not taking sides but happily bringing up young farqhaur to view failure as the norm in a city that dominates football in the country.

Probably end up playing rugger or cricket.

^^^ Bheast apologist found.