SPFL statement

GersInCanada

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I said, we should let this lie for a while...see where it goes re a few positions.

Then lead calls a governance review ourselves, to include the way clubs are treated, SFA fair and reasonable tests for all directors, crime and punsihment, how foreign owners get involved, their roles and finance streams (e.g. Romanov, Desmond), etc etc etc.  

All for it.

6 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Not that it would happen but the review could conclude that our treatment was incredibly harsh and put forward suggestion on how to deal with any other club in that situation in the future.

The issue was Liewell and Doncaster turned what was sold to spfl members as a lessons learned independent review into another witch hunt against us. 

So delighted it won't happen those cunts should be held to account for mis-representing their members.

That's true but it will be utter best case scenario with a lot of factors having to go for us, namely a review panel set up that wouldn't include celtic lawyers and things of that nature. The last one had a celtic lawyer and Turnbull Hutton and a couple of others who then reccomended an illegal transfer embargo as part of our punishment for bringing the game into disrepute for having the audacity to go into administration due to someone who chaired a fruadulant takeover withholding tax.

I wouldn't trust that SPFL mob to pour a drink never mind conduct a fair review that would show us in any sort of good light. 

3 minutes ago, delamonty said:

100% . We can't just move on and pretend the last 6 years did not happen... and they still want more blood.  We must end it and move on yes.. but as you correctly say.  On our terms.

Spell it out... call them out - and everyone else -- and say we move on.  Not exactly like Scottish football has covered itself in glory since our alleged demise.  Now, why was that?  Take a look at the scum's defeat vs PSG.  They have made 10's of millions in easy CL money and cannot compete.  It's because all they were after was the quick buck anyway until we got back.  This is one of the reasons this Saturday is so very important.  Send a message that we are back and fighting.

Win or lose this Saturday, a well crafted, strong statement that outlines the hell we have endured and how 1 team (the scum in their call for a fresh investigation) is against 40+.  Also point out how Scottish football has not done anything.. nothing since we were treated so badly.

Timing is critical... 

Good post mate.

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

The SPFL Board is disappointed in the Scottish FA’s decision not to participate in an independent review.

The SPFL Board still believes that an independent review, promoted jointly by the Scottish FA and SPFL, would have resulted in a better understanding of the procedures and processes adopted by football’s governing bodies. Such a review would also have enabled any lessons learned to be implemented for the future benefit of the game in Scotland.

SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan commented: “The SPFL Board has been clear that any meaningful review would have had to be carried out in association with the Scottish FA and with the full and active co-operation of both organisations.

"The SPFL Board has therefore concluded that it cannot, by itself, take forward an effective independent review." 

Read more at https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-board-statement/#XXPX723jQL1pVKCg.99

See when the day comes to get Title No.55 and they want to present the Trophy kindly ask them to send it wrapped up in a Sports Direct bag say we’ll pick it up, if you want to see it ? There are tickets available at the away end.

Have an Erskine Veteran/s present it and keep it all in house.

Fuckin Bunch of BandWagon jumping Hypocritical Parasites.

A fuckin look in the mirror for plenty of them wouldn’t be amiss.

1 hour ago, Alves70 said:

As I wrote above issuing threats only plays into Liewells hands. Rangers then become the bad guys who want to cause trouble. 

Our board might not have been shouting from the rooftops about this but they have been doing work behind the scenes that's why even clubs like Aberdeen and Hibs are even against any more punishments.

We've had 6 years of EBTs and title stripping debates now and Rangers have to draw a line under it and move on or else we'll still be hearing about it in another 10 years.

Nothing we can say will hurt them any more than the fact they have failed to steal our titles.

"Nothing we can say will hurt them any more than the fact they have failed to steal our titles."

That's the bottom line m8 . Even though hindsight has proved there was no cheating the tims are so bitter they would have stolen them under any circumstances, guilty, or innocent as PROVEN.

1 hour ago, Chineseboy said:

" would have resulted in a better understanding of the procedures. Etc etc"  Rubbish, this was only ever going to go ahead in order to try and punish us further if they could. I find it amazing that the taigs have managed to convince the majority of Scottish football into believing their shit. I mean, are all Scottish football clubs and supporters fucking idiots; they have lapped up everything the scum have said without realising that everything that's been done to us has been for the benefit of one club only. Meanwhile, the last few years have resulted in no competition in Scotland at all, and the interest in the game in Scotland has all but vanished around the world. The taigs must be pissing themselves laughing at the fact that the vast majority of supporters and clubs in Scotland have been sucking their cocks for the last 5 years. Time to come up for some air now guys and wipe your fucking mouths clean!

The rest of Scottish football don't give a fuck who the benefactors are mate as long as we are on the receiving end. Unified in their hatred. 

59 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's true but it will be utter best case scenario with a lot of factors having to go for us, namely a review panel set up that wouldn't include celtic lawyers and things of that nature. The last one had a celtic lawyer and Turnbull Hutton and a couple of others who then reccomended an illegal transfer embargo as part of our punishment for bringing the game into disrepute for having the audacity to go into administration due to someone who chaired a fruadulant takeover withholding tax.

I wouldn't trust that SPFL mob to pour a drink never mind conduct a fair review that would show us in any sort of good light. 

Supposed to be independent but I suspect you're 100% correct.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Just when you start to get a wee bit of respect back for some of Scottish football they release a statement like that basically to get the tarriers happy saying they wanted it, but can't due to SFA .. again, what's Robertson doing as chief-prick on this board that's released this statement? and where is the official Rangers FC statement? 

We bring a lot of this shit on ourselves. 

David Murray was a cunt, no doubt about it, but he had the authorities and media eating out of his hand and we had a manager the whole of Scottish football respected and listened to in Walter Smith. We don't have that spine behind the scenes and it tells.

They are all "wankers" mate:happy:

2 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Only they would still be able to see themselves as the victims, demoted to bottom tier, player & tv payments withheld, lost over £30 million worth of assets, passed from one unscrupulous owner to another. This last 5-6 years has cost us anywhere from £50-100 million and you still have these fucking cretins crying foul like we've been part of some conspiracy. Fuckwits the lot of them. 

Bullseye, that's a scary amount of money,  the biggest thing ever though was the amount of grief every single one of us went through, you can not put a price on that misery.

I'm not sure why some think this a great statement ?

It basically says its disappointed in the sfa not going ahead with their review , and without them they can't do anything . 

Nothing about Rangers mentioned in the letters , nothing about Doncaster's false claims of representing all the clubs , nothing of the part one particular team are pushing , in fact , it sounds as if the original plan may still be in effect if the sfa ever change their minds . 

In the meantime , c....c's mouthpiece , Doncaster , carries on as normal . . . . . . . . 

12 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'm not sure why some think this a great statement ?

It basically says its disappointed in the sfa not going ahead with their review , and without them they can't do anything . 

Nothing about Rangers mentioned in the letters , nothing about Doncaster's false claims of representing all the clubs , nothing of the part one particular team are pushing , in fact , it sounds as if the original plan may still be in effect if the sfa ever change their minds . 

In the meantime , c....c's mouthpiece , Doncaster , carries on as normal . . . . . . . . 

Glad to see someone post exactly what I felt about it as well. It was a statement made through gritted teeth I thought, with everything you highlighted IMO. 

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Bullseye, that's a scary amount of money,  the biggest thing ever though was the amount of grief every single one of us went through, you can not put a price on that misery.

Ooft mate the misery, the shit we've had to go through as a support, it's not til you sit and think about it that it starts to sink in. 

The worst of those days will only make 55 even more sweeter. Not that I'm under any illusions it will be this or even next season but it will come and when it does Glasgow is never going to have seen a title party like it, trust me the streets will be awash with blue, Manchester will look like a wee get-together in comparison. That's one good thing I take away from all we've been through, it has solidified our support, we've been to hell and back and we've came out singing. 

see instead of spunking the RFFF money on some stupid fucking stand at the training ground, it should be used to get our own independent review into the vast difference in treatment of our club compared to others not just in this country but compared to the actual rules in place at the time

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Glad to see someone post exactly what I felt about it as well. It was a statement made through gritted teeth I thought, with everything you highlighted IMO. 

What disappoints me is nothing has really been withdrawn . 

Be interesting now to see what liewell and c....c next move is , because I think there will be one . And that's not to mention various team's supporters clubs . Every chance the pressure on the sfa , and regan , will increase with Doncaster just biding his time . I hope I'm wrong , but this could just be a postponement rather than the end of the matter .