The discipline of the full backs

RFC55

On Saturday is going to be key to the result IMO.

That's a few times I've watched child sex ring fc and they seem to solely play using the wings. They don't seem to carve sides open through the middle but go to Sinclair/roberts/Forrest.

So on Saturday Tav and whoever is at left back are going to have to stay disciplined. If they don't get space they seem clueless. So between tav and DC and john and whoever is on the left with him. I genuinely think that's where it will be won and lost. Its all about the by line and cut backs for they cunts so if we can keep forcing them inside then I think we will have a chance to win it. One thing I'm certain of is both sides scoring I just hope to fuck we can keep our shape and stay disciplined enough to not go on the overlap at every attack. DC will work his arse off but Sinclair and Roberts "cheat" by basically staying high up the park. So if both our full backs go then they will look to pick us off. Its how they try play almost every time I've seen them.

I just hope we can use our savvy and not go at every opportunity. 

Starting to feel a but better about this but there's no real secret with how they play. We just need to match them 

That's our problem, Tavernier is not and never will be a defender, he has the ability to be an excellent attacking midfielder  though and the sooner Pedro wakes up to that the better.  From what I've seen I'd be more comfortable with Candeias at right back!  (and before everyone goes mental I'm not saying this is an option).  I haven't got a clue what you're on about re cheating despite reading it over and over, can only assume you're at the madam.  I totally agree that we need to keep our discipline at the back and the middle of the park also press them constantly, we will then see how fkn good the so called invisibles are (which is not very, one of the most hyped and over rated teams ever). 

That's why I'm worried if Dembele plays against us.

He has the ability to hold the up well, drag our defence inside in and create space there for their midfield to run into. Remember back to the game on Hogmany. They constantly tore us apart through the middle, or McGregor's goal against us at Hampden. 

I know we like to take the piss out of the 'Dembele Dollars' but he is better at Griffiths. 

It could be different with Jack and Dorrans playing who are far more disciplined and higher quality than those playing CM last year. But we need an extremely disciplined performance from everyone, no lapses in concentration and we cannot afford any passengers/shitebags. 

5 minutes ago, ben51 said:

That's why I'm worried if Dembele plays against us.

He has the ability to hold the up well, drag our defence inside in and create space there for their midfield to run into. Remember back to the game on Hogmany. They constantly tore us apart through the middle, or McGregor's goal against us at Hampden. 

I know we like to take the piss out of the 'Dembele Dollars' but he is better at Griffiths. 

It could be different with Jack and Dorrans playing who are far more disciplined and higher quality than those playing CM last year. But we need an extremely disciplined performance from everyone, no lapses in concentration and we cannot afford any passengers/shitebags. 

After their assistant watching Sammon bodying Cardoso on Tuesday i fully expect Dembele to start and play directly against him.

The OP is bang on.

Full backs need to play like full backs and not leave us exposed.

Pick your runs and be sensible because they are dangerous on the wings.

There was a bit near the end of the Partick game Tav bombed forward and lost the ball on the edge of the box and instead of getting back he chased the ball and ended up at left wing, a good team switches that and punishes you, schoolboy stuff.

More worried about Griffiths than Dembele starting if am honest. 

Dembele is nowhere near fit anyway for a start but Griffiths is the best finisher they have. We keep it tight down the flanks and we will win. Griffiths can't hold the ball up but he'll finish 7/8 out of 10 chances in the box. 

They aren't great but they've the quality to overcome all the pish in this league which is as slow and less technical than anywhere in European football. They tend to just double up on the wings and go for it. I think Candeias is absolutely key to this game up and down the right as a defender and attacker because they can't defend crosses for love or money. With Morelos strength and instinctive finishing that's going to be our best chance at a couple of goals. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

I don't trust Tav to contain Sinclair for 90 minutes even if he doesn't cross the halfway line. Sinclair tore him apart on numerous occasions last season. Candeias has a big part to play in this respect for me.

You have wee DC doubling up with him though rather than McKay like that clown windass will do to whoever play left back leaving him badly exposed 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

You have wee DC doubling up with him though rather than McKay like that clown windass will do to whoever play left back leaving him badly exposed 

It's a pity Wallace isn't fit. I'd have him and John on the left to double up on that wee poof Roberts. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

On Saturday is going to be key to the result IMO.

That's a few times I've watched child sex ring fc and they seem to solely play using the wings. They don't seem to carve sides open through the middle but go to Sinclair/roberts/Forrest.

So on Saturday Tav and whoever is at left back are going to have to stay disciplined. If they don't get space they seem clueless. So between tav and DC and john and whoever is on the left with him. I genuinely think that's where it will be won and lost. Its all about the by line and cut backs for they cunts so if we can keep forcing them inside then I think we will have a chance to win it. One thing I'm certain of is both sides scoring I just hope to fuck we can keep our shape and stay disciplined enough to not go on the overlap at every attack. DC will work his arse off but Sinclair and Roberts "cheat" by basically staying high up the park. So if both our full backs go then they will look to pick us off. Its how they try play almost every time I've seen them.

I just hope we can use our savvy and not go at every opportunity. 

Starting to feel a but better about this but there's no real secret with how they play. We just need to match them 

you have hit the nail on the head here  we have to double up  with candelais helping out tav and i would play hodgson with john in front helping him out but able to break at pace we have to be tight on them all over the park  it pedro sets us up to be open we will get battered

This is why Lee Wallace will be a big miss . I'd have doubled him up with DJ on the left side the way Candeias helps out Tavernier on the other . Now that he's out I don't know what we can do . Danny Wilson ? Certainly a better option than Beerman after last seasons performance. 

Need to have Dorrans and Jack at their best in the middle with , probably , Pena helping out . 

1 hour ago, Blueofblood said:

That's our problem, Tavernier is not and never will be a defender, he has the ability to be an excellent attacking midfielder  though and the sooner Pedro wakes up to that the better.  From what I've seen I'd be more comfortable with Candeias at right back!  (and before everyone goes mental I'm not saying this is an option).  I haven't got a clue what you're on about re cheating despite reading it over and over, can only assume you're at the madam.  I totally agree that we need to keep our discipline at the back and the middle of the park also press them constantly, we will then see how fkn good the so called invisibles are (which is not very, one of the most hyped and over rated teams ever). 

Don't see why Tav hasn't been used as a holding midfielder

When you play as wing backs, as Tav and Wallace always do, you must have cover for them through rotation and interchange.

Waghorn and McKay were fucking useless at this, and this is why we were exposed defensively so often on the wings.

Candias to his credit does this. Windass doesn't on the left side.

If Canadias is involved in Tav's overlap, then the holding mid fielder (Jack) must cover or,  when using 3 centre backs, the right sided CB covers if the holding midfielder is already committed.

Since Savco play sinclair on the left and  overlap  tearney, multiple rather than single coverage of the right back zone is absolutely critical if Tav overlaps. 

Tactically, you can't play wing backs, as we have done (until Candias showed up), if you don't cover for them with interchange and rotation when they attack.

Tav and Wallace get slaughtered for being caught up field when they attack when, in fact, it should be those who are designated to cover for them who should be slaughtered.

And, if players have not been designated to cover for their overlaps, then the manager should be the one slaughtered for poor tactics.

5 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

When you play as wing backs, as Tav and Wallace always do, you must have cover for them through rotation and interchange.

Waghorn and McKay were fucking useless at this, and this is why we were exposed defensively so often on the wings.

Candias to his credit does this. Windass doesn't on the left side.

If Canadias is involved in Tav's overlap, then the holding mid fielder (Jack) must cover or,  when using 3 centre backs, the right sided CB covers if the holding midfielder is already committed.

Since Savco play sinclair on the left and  overlap  tearney, multiple rather than single coverage of the right back zone is absolutely critical if Tav overlaps. 

Tactically, you can't play wing backs, as we have done (until Candias showed up), if you don't cover for them with interchange and rotation when they attack.

Tav and Wallace get slaughtered for being caught up field when they attack when, in fact, it should be those who are designated to cover for them who should be slaughtered.

And, if players have not been designated to cover for their overlaps, then the manager should be the one slaughtered for poor tactics.

To cover up for Tav, you'd need to be right back for 90 minutes and no player should have to cover for that, nor should they be asked to.  Sure he has some good runs going forward, but so what? As defender he is the shits and arguably is our sngle biggest weakness. 

I dread him against the scum and can't wait until we get rid. Just not good enough.

23 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

To cover up for Tav, you'd need to be right back for 90 minutes and no player should have to cover for that, nor should they be asked to.  Sure he has some good runs going forward, but so what? As defender he is the shits and arguably is our sngle biggest weakness. 

I dread him against the scum and can't wait until we get rid. Just not good enough.

I disagree. I rate him.

I think Tav has immense talent overlapping, and if he does it too often, as with Wallace, it's the manager's responsibility to curtail some of it. 

Defending one on one - he has definitely improved this year under the new coaches but still needs more coaching.