Jardel against us

brazz1972

Big Amo posted a few pictures on Instagram of him playing for us and noticed Jardel in a Galatasaray shirt in one of the photos.

Done a bit of googling and turns out he actually scored against us over there in Istanbul. I must've surely knew that at the time but had no memory of it whatsoever last night. Always wonder how it would've been if that deal never fell through. His goal record was frightening.

20170921_192256.png

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

scored about 45 goals for about 11 clubs in 10 years since joining Bolton ffs.... hardly anything to get sick about tbh

What about the 200 odd league goals in 7 seasons not to mention the 50 champions league goals?

In honesty tho keyser I'm not sure what happened at his trial for the plug to get pulled citing work permit reasons.

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

scored about 45 goals for about 11 clubs in 10 years since joining Bolton ffs.... hardly anything to get sick about tbh

Did we no try and sign him before he went to Porto mate? Is so then I reckon the earlier part of his career is where to judge the record 

20170921_201413.png

44 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I've just checked Wikipedia and apparently Jardel only scored 25 champions league goals....my mind is playing tricks on me as I remember seeing him on the charts with 49 goals, I always thought it was between him and Raul in those days 

36 goals in Europe in total.

28 in the champions league, 2 in the super cup and 6 in the UEFA cup.

At the time I remember pals who worked for BBC, telling me of rumours about McCoist speaking to the press off the record that he "couldn't trap a bag of cement" in his training/trial before he was due to sign. Seemingly he had a total shocker, and was sent on his way.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Then this which isn't 

IMG_5106.thumb.PNG.0b7c05c8394e231ecb66cb39f58f9942.PNG

No player has an incredible goal record for their whole career because they get older or get injuries or unsettle but not too many players have as good goal record as he had for one period of about 8 years. You cannot deny how much of a good player he was. 

15 minutes ago, denya said:

No player has an incredible goal record for their whole career because they get older or get injuries or unsettle but not too many players have as good goal record as he had for one period of about 8 years. You cannot deny how much of a good player he was. 

There's no denying he was prolific. But great players maintain that throughout their career and Jardel at 26 yr old kinda lost the plot. 

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

At the time I remember pals who worked for BBC, telling me of rumours about McCoist speaking to the press off the record that he "couldn't trap a bag of cement" in his training/trial before he was due to sign. Seemingly he had a total shocker, and was sent on his way.

I'm pretty sure he signed, then was denied a work permit.

Bu3IZmlIIAEqsPj.jpg

Always remember watching him a few times for Sporting in that 2001/02 season on the European Football Show. He was absolutely lethal.

Then a few years later I hadn't heard of him in years and was watching the A-League and he was playing for Newcastle Jets. He was so overweight it was ridiculous and I don't think he scored in the half season he played there.