Blackandra

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I thought McCrorie looked good and just hope he has the temprement for it. There is a big difference between playing at Firhill and in an OF game. Plus he looks aggressive, which is good, but you can imagine the Thumb and Dembele falling at every opportunity. Saying that it could be the making of him.

Agree with all of that.

Another potential problem, if he plays, is that there will be a number of other players making their derby debuts. 

They're likely to have enough on playing their own games, without having anything spare to guide him through it.

33 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Agree with all of that.

Another potential problem, if he plays, is that there will be a number of other players making their derby debuts. 

They're likely to have enough on playing their own games, without having anything spare to guide him through it.

Not sure who at the back of a back four of Tav, Cardosa and John could guide him through it even if they had time. Dorrans and Jack will be key but I think we need to play 3 in there. Last year it was their movement in midfield that done us and too much to ask of just the 2 of them. I'd be tempted to start with Jack and Rossiter with Dorrans just ahead but can't see it happening.

4 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

Players are wimps these days, Big Marvin wouldnt have let a wee sore leg keep him out a Old firm game, Bomber either remember him taking painkilling injections so he could play . 

That would depend on the injury. Are you saying those two in particular were never out for injuries? If Alves is out it's because his injury will be so bad that it cannot be alleviated immediately. Footballers on many occasions play with injuries but not where it could end up much worse for playing.

13 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Not sure who at the back of a back four of Tav, Cardosa and John could guide him through it even if they had time. Dorrans and Jack will be key but I think we need to play 3 in there. Last year it was their movement in midfield that done us and too much to ask of just the 2 of them. I'd be tempted to start with Jack and Rossiter with Dorrans just ahead but can't see it happening.

I like McCrorie but the thought of that lot against Sinclair, Griffiths, Roberts, McGregor/Forrest and/or Dembele... scary. It's just actually hit home there.

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That would depend on the injury. Are you saying those two in particular were never out for injuries? If Alves is out it's because his injury will be so bad that it cannot be alleviated immediately. Footballers on many occasions play with injuries but not where it could end up much worse for playing.

Never said that at all, but when it mattered most they could be counted on , the concern i have for saturday is having so many players in our squad who have never played in this fixture , not convinced they all grasp the importance of it. Really hope Bruno makes it , will be dissapointed if he dosen’t.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

We bought him from the Australian institute of Sport so I'm sure he was already developed and ready to go although he only came onto a game when Advocaat brought him back from Palace when they defaulted on payments. Before that he was horrendous.

We signed him when he was 17 I think.

You are right, from what I remember (even though I was pretty young) he was a bit shit at CB before he came back from Palace, but I remember in 96/97 he got quite a few games as a midfield screen alongside McInnes because McCall was injured and Ferguson was struggling with niggles and he did ok in that position. Mind you his only role was to run around kicking people.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

We signed him when he was 17 I think.

You are right, from what I remember (even though I was pretty young) he was a bit shit at CB before he came back from Palace, but I remember in 96/97 he got quite a few games as a midfield screen alongside McInnes because McCall was injured and Ferguson was struggling with niggles and he did ok in that position. Mind you his only role was to run around kicking people.

I seen on Wiki he was born in 75 and we signed him in 94 (unless it was 93?) so depending on what time of the year he was born he'd have been 19 or 20 ... maybe I'm wrong I'm an utter spastic with numbers. Simple sums throw me about the place.

Just now, Lothianbear said:

Never said that at all, but when it mattered most they could be counted on , the concern i have for saturday is having so many players in our squad who have never played in this fixture , not convinced they all grasp the importance of it. Really hope Bruno makes it , will be dissapointed if he dosen’t.

So if they had what Alves has, and he doesn't make it, you are implying that they would be playing, with whatever it is that's wrong with him? It's ironic that you say you would be disappointed if he didn't make it, whilst implying his commitment isn't great. I don't think players are "wimps" at all these days' players can even end up with worse injuries these days, mainly due to the pace of the game. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I seen on Wiki he was born in 75 and we signed him in 94 (unless it was 93?) so depending on what time of the year he was born he'd have been 19 or 20 ... maybe I'm wrong I'm an utter spastic with numbers. Simple sums throw me about the place.

Yeah I think we signed him beginning of 93-94 season. Just checked wiki and that's what it says under youth career section.

He was actually a really nice guy. Spent nearly an hour talking to my Dad and I outside Ibrox in 99 a few days before the Parma qualifier. He even let me look inside his Jag :lol: 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I like McCrorie but the thought of that lot against Sinclair, Griffiths, Roberts, McGregor/Forrest and/or Dembele... scary. It's just actually hit home there.

I've not seen much of McCrorie but it's a big ask of the boy and if he has to play I'd play the two holding players to protect him. Last year the movement of Armstrong or McGregor done us more often than not as the defenders were making sure they were looking after the front 3 and they waltzed in. If he goes to the ball and leaves his man and his man scores  he'll get slaughtered. If he doesn't go to the ball and that player scores he'll get slaughtered. Who would be a 19 year old Rangers defender making your debut in an old firm game? If I was him I'd be shittin buttons ?

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I've not seen much of McCrorie but it's a big ask of the boy and if he has to play I'd play the two holding players to protect him. Last year the movement of Armstrong or McGregor done us more often than not as the defenders were making sure they were looking after the front 3 and they waltzed in. If he goes to the ball and leaves his man and his man scores  he'll get slaughtered. If he doesn't go to the ball and that player scores he'll get slaughtered. Who would be a 19 year old Rangers defender making your debut in an old firm game? If I was him I'd be shittin buttons ?

The tarriers movement and space they get in the final third is ridiculous tbh. We really need to be organised and not do anything rash i.e that wee idiot Beerman at the start of the 5-1 game.

Just now, K.A.I said:

The tarriers movement and space they get in the final third is ridiculous tbh. We really need to be organised and not do anything rash i.e that wee idiot Beerman at the start of the 5-1 game.

I hope we have learned from last season and pack the midfield. Cut of the supply to their forwards and half the job is done in my opinion. We allowed Brown to manage the game due to our formations last season. We'd all love to pump them but I think it's more important that we just don't get beat on Saturday. We can then build from there.