Have you often wondered where they would have been?

Harveydp

Today I was having a think which got me to wondering where they would have been If we hadn't have taken them in

I mean we fed them and washed them, thousands in Glasgow alone.

So far they've brought us nothing but trouble and shame

Perhaps it is time we asked the simple question on Saturday

Why don't they go home?

With the sudden upsurge in us being more vocal in our singing of allegedly naughty songs is Saturday the time to RE-ASK them why they are still here and have not yet gone home?

That question more than any other seems to get the best reaction.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HERITAGE campaigners are to erect their own memorial to the victims of the Irish famine after branding an official one “offensive” for including references to Scots who died.

A tribute to the million people who died in Ireland and the million more who fled during the crisis of the 1840s and 50s is to be built in St Mary’s Church in Glasgow’s Calton, the chapel where celtic Football Club was founded. 

It comes as Glasgow City Council continues to press on with their own memorial at the city’s Glasgow Green, which also recognises how the potato blight famine affected the Highlands.

Scotland's most eminent historian Professor Tom Devine has previously called for the council memorial to be built in memory of all Irish settlers in the city, insisting: "This can't be tribal. Protestant Irish died too, even if not as many."

The council' Memorials’ Working Group, which has been coordinating the development of the famine memorial, has heard representations from Ulster Scots groups, the Orange Order, the Irish Heritage Foundation and others.

It was reported that the Rangers Supporters Assembly suggested it would also be making a donation towards the cost of a project that had “the chance to represent the entire Irish community in Glasgow”.

Known as the ‘Great Hunger’ in Ireland - An Gorta Mór, in Gaelic - the famine changed the course of Irish history and led to a huge diaspora forming around the world.

Its effects were far less keenly felt in Scotland, where the relief effort was greater, but it still led to large numbers of people leaving the land and seeking a new life abroad.

More than 140 memorials to the Irish famine have been erected in different cities, yet the twin efforts in Glasgow will be the first time the event has been permanently commemorated in Scotland’s largest city, where many Irish people fled to.

it is the evening tims,  i left out some excerpts since they were simply insane.

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No but have you ever wondered where we'd have been if we didn't get absolutely shafted and thrown into the 3rd division.

What title number would we be on now 

Vale may have had something to say about that. Actually who would have been our rivals; Hearts, maybe Aberdeen?  

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

We took them in because as a nation we are good people that helps its fellow men, always has and always will. That is something to be proud of. The true British way.

As we should HOWEVER...

The descendants of those Irish we took in treat this country like an enemy. 

Again in the modern day we show our British spirit by taking in numerous refugees from far and away. 

Again large numbers of these people treat our Kingdom as a meal ticket and an ultimate enemy to their religion.

One day these Great British Isles will learn to look after our own first 

1 minute ago, Harveydp said:

As we should HOWEVER...

Again in the modern day we show our British spirit by taking in numerous refugees from far and away. 

Again large numbers of these people treat our Kingdom as a meal ticket and an ultimate enemy to their religion.

You're right it is their descendants that have let them down and tried to bite the hand that fed their ancestors. Your point though was what if we hadn't helped people in need and to be fair there would have been Hundreds of thousands of unecessary deaths if we hadn't. I always want to be part of a Britain that helps others. The whole thing about refugees getting more benefits than British people is an urban myth... welcome to Question time people ?

12 minutes ago, Harveydp said:

As we should HOWEVER...

I think it's too late for Glasgow and Scotland as these irish catholic descendents have been breeding like rabbits, similar to what the muslims are doing.

It's a long game but a fkn numbers game. 

7 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

You're right it is their descendants that have let them down and tried to bite the hand that fed their ancestors. Your point though was what if we hadn't helped people in need and to be fair there would have been Hundreds of thousands of unecessary deaths if we hadn't. I always want to be part of a Britain that helps others. The whole thing about refugees getting more benefits than British people is an urban myth... welcome to Question time people ?

I don't think it is a myth. Not in the slightest.

You'll never ever see a refugee on the streets. I know numerous examples where "new arrivals" have shot straight to the front of the housing queue.

It is small inequalities like this that creates resentment and hostility.

The gates of Britain should be shut to all those hailing from Ialamic countries.

The gates of Britain should be closed to economic refugees who've travelled through numerous SAFE European countries to get to ours 

The gates of Britain should be closed until we sort out our own NHS, education system and indeed housing situation.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think it's too late for Glasgow and Scotland as these irish catholic descendents have been breeding like rabbits, similar to what the muslims are doing.

It's a long game but a fkn numbers game. 

It is far too late I feel.  You're quite correct. 

Breed us out is exactly the tactic and they've played a blinder.

9 minutes ago, Harveydp said:

I don't think it is a myth. Not in the slightest.

You'll never ever see a refugee on the streets. I know numerous examples where "new arrivals" have shot straight to the front of the housing queue.

It is small inequalities like this that creates resentment and hostility.

The gates of Britain should be shut to all those hailing from Ialamic countries.

The gates of Britain should be closed to economic refugees who've travelled through numerous SAFE European countries to get to ours 

The gates of Britain should be closed until we sort out our own NHS, education system and indeed housing situation.

I think your views are a bit extreme. Not every Muslim is a terrorist and the majority of these people are genuinely seeking refuge from a pretty horrific shitstorm. You also realise that if you shut the doors and recalled all Visas that the NHS you speak of would come to a halt..You're entitled to your opinion though Nigel.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

I think your views are a bit extreme. Not every Muslim is a terrorist and the majority of these people are genuinely seeking refuge from a pretty horrific shitstorm. You also release that if you shut the doors and recalled all Visas that the NHS you speak of would come to a halt..You're entitled to your opinion though Nigel.

I am not an idiot who thinks all Muslims are terrorists..

Some are Paedophiles too. 

Just now, Harveydp said:

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I think your views are a bit extreme. Not every Muslim is a terrorist and the majority of these people are genuinely seeking refuge from a pretty horrific shitstorm. You also release that if you shut the doors and recalled all Visas that the NHS you speak of would come to a halt..You're entitled to your opinion though Nigel.

Also the sooner the NHS is privatised the better.  

Just now, Harveydp said:

Also the sooner the NHS is privatised the better.  

1 minute ago, Harveydp said:

Sorry mate I didn't realise that's where the resentment came from. I understand now.

Thats a good idea it works well in the USA ?? ??

3 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Sorry mate I didn't realise that's where the resentment came from. I understand now.

Thats a good idea it works well in the USA ?? ??

Works perfectly in the USA. Insurance payments of around $20 per month and you're covered for most things with a standard of care this country could on only dream of.

Additionally nobody in the USA is refused treatment. There's insurance right offs that are more often than not utilised meaning health care is often free when apllied for. 

So again the sooner the NHS is disbanded the better.

18 minutes ago, Harveydp said:

Works perfectly in the USA. Insurance payments of around $20 per month and you're covered for most things with a standard of care this country could on only dream of.

Additionally nobody in the USA is refused treatment. There's insurance right offs that are more often than not utilised meaning health care is often free when apllied for. 

This isn't the place for this kind of debate but you are talking utter shite.

29 minutes ago, Harveydp said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/06/23/heres-how-much-the-average-american-spends-on-health-care.html

Have a read then let me know if you still believe in privatising one of the most admired health systems in the world.