Declan John - Ruled out tomorrow

ForeverBlue93

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Whoever steps into our defence tomorrow needs to step up with 100% focus and play the game of their lives, McCrorie deserves a slot and this could be the making of him.

Danny Wilson as well somewhere along the line?

To my knowledge Wilson isn't fit?

If so it could be a back 3 of Cardoso Wilson and McCrorrie

Just now, K.A.I said:

Not bad at all he would get raped defensively imo 

Hodson in at left back is fine just get him to do the best man marking job he can on Roberts or Sinclair 

the question is left midfield and what Josh Windass is likely to show up 

Might not have any other option but John would've been a better option than Hodson imo. Faster and better going forward. Hodson can't defend at his native RB, Hodson at LB is a scary thought.

Just now, ForeverBlue93 said:

Might not have any other option but John would've been a better option than Hodson imo. Faster and better going forward. Hodson can't defend at his native RB, Hodson at LB is a scary thought.

We don't need someone fast we need someone who can defend 

I don't want fast full backs bombing up and down against this celtic team 

Why the mass panic over John being out? He looked abysmal last Friday, admittedly far better on Tuesday night but the jury is still out on him regardless. Yes, it's not exactly ideal but Hodson is probably more defensive minded than him anyway which is probably what will be needed tomorrow. Alves is a big blow but Hodson filling in at left back isn't that much of an issue IMO.

Just now, JukeBoxJohn said:

Why the mass panic over John being out? He looked abysmal last Friday, admittedly far better on Tuesday night but the jury is still out on him regardless. Yes, it's not exactly ideal but Hodson is probably more defensive minded than him anyway which is probably what will be needed tomorrow. Alves is a big blow but Hodson filling in at left back isn't that much of an issue IMO.

John being out isn't a big issue.

Wallace Alves and John being out is.

1 minute ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

I'm pretty sure he's our second choice LB. having your first and second choice LBs missing is definitely bad news. If Hodson gets injured or isn't fully fit (which is highly likely) then we have literally no cover.

It's not a catastrophe but it certainly compounds our problems.

Just now, ForeverBlue93 said:

John being out isn't a big issue.

Wallace Alves and John being out is.

Obviously going into tomorrow with a more settled and familiar backline would fill me with a bit more confidence but we all just need to hope McCrorie and Hodson produce the goods. To be honest though our defence still looked shaky as fuck with Alves and Wallace in it, so tomorrow's defence won't do too badly IMO. 

1 minute ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Obviously going into tomorrow with a more settled and familiar backline would fill me with a bit more confidence but we all just need to hope McCrorie and Hodson produce the goods. To be honest though our defence still looked shaky as fuck with Alves and Wallace in it, so tomorrow's defence won't do too badly IMO. 

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Which 3?

Surely Tav Cardoso and McCrorrie