Declan John - Ruled out tomorrow

ForeverBlue93

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Whoever steps into our defence tomorrow needs to step up with 100% focus and play the game of their lives, McCrorie deserves a slot and this could be the making of him.

Danny Wilson as well somewhere along the line?

Danny's out as well - injured.

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

How about a back 4 with Tav at right back?

Just now, Gustav said:

Well you've just chose someone who isn't an option so aye why not

I didn't suggest Tav at CB. I said surely if we went with a back 3 he is our only other defender who is fit outwith McCrorrie and Cardoso?

Unless you want to watch the ball go over Hodsons head for 90 minutes that is

Just now, ForeverBlue93 said:

I didn't suggest Tav at CB. I said surely if we went with a back 3 he is our only other defender who is fit outwith McCrorrie and Cardoso?

Unless you want to watch the ball go over Hodsons head for 90 minutes that is

I asked "which 3" because we clearly don't have the players for a back 3. You butted in with "surely Tav..." as if it's obvious, despite the fact that it's such a bad idea that it's not even an option.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

I asked "which 3" because we clearly don't have the players for a back 3. You butted in with "surely Tav..." as if it's obvious, despite the fact that it's such a bad idea that it's not even an option.

Why ask then if it clearly isn't an option :duh:

FFs, another patched-up team. It's starting to remind me of our defence going into the last OF game at our own ground. What a shower of jammy bastards. Hopefully, Morelos will be in fine form tomorrow anyway and destroy them, regardless of whatever defence we play.  

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

4 weeks after saying we don't have enough defensive cover, guess what we don't have enough defensive cover.

Left side of midfield is our most important position tomorrow, and I have a feeling it'll be Miller playing there in a 451 formation.

Windass central or benched?

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

4 weeks after saying we don't have enough defensive cover, guess what we don't have enough defensive cover.

Left side of midfield is our most important position tomorrow, and I have a feeling it'll be Miller playing there in a 451 formation.

Was thinking the first part myself earlier - why does our defence continue to be ignored? I know we signed Alves and Cardoso but that's to represent a new first team pairing we've made no effort outwith that - I wonder if this is an obvious flaw of Pedro wanting a small squad to work with? Surely that only has merit if you can go through a whole season with no injuries or suspensions or fatigue 

6 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Would be OK with that if Jack helps out the back 4 and Dorrans is told to get forward.