Declan John - Ruled out tomorrow

ForeverBlue93

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need calm heads. We can't panic that a loan player who has only played against Thistle can't play. 

We have lost far better players than Declan John in previous Old Firm games. It is an opportunity for someone to come in. Hodson was OK against them before. We can change the way the left back plays - instead of bombing up the touchline they can focus on defending and being solid. This needs to be the focus of the whole performance for me - we cannot be turned over again at Ibrox by them. 

10 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Roberts absolutely rinsed him at every take-on. Humiliating for the support and him. Thrown into the biggest derby in football when he was nowhere near ready.

Agreed but that tackle for the penalty wasn't inexperience imo as youths don't make that tackle it was idiotic anyone (young or not) who makes those sort of decisions shouldn't be near a team like Rangers it was on a par with the type of decision making from Davie McPherson and Ally Maxwell at the back for us 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed but that tackle for the penalty wasn't inexperience imo as youths don't make that tackle it was idiotic anyone (young or not) who makes those sort of decisions shouldn't be near a team like Rangers it was on a par with the type of decision making from Davie McPherson and Ally Maxwell at the back for us 

Aye I agree with you there. I remember thinking to myself "if we can just get past this first 20 mins" then he gives away a penalty within 10. Game was gone.

More confidence in McCrorie doing well for us tomorrow but that's simply on the basis of what I saw against Partick.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

We don't need someone fast we need someone who can defend 

I don't want fast full backs bombing up and down against this celtic team 

On the other hand, sit back & allow them plenty of the ball - we'll get murdered!

We're caught between a rock & a hard place here!

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

On the other hand, sit back & allow them plenty of the ball - we'll get murdered!

We're caught between a rock & a hard place here!

Very true but there's a balance - to win an old firm you need to defend well and attack well - concentrate too much on one or the other at Ibrox and we won't have much joy imo 

I'm fairly relaxed about McCrorrie, I've watched numerous youth games and he's consistently solid, I know it's a whole different story out there but that's all about focus..what better way for the boy to stake his claim. 

As much as Windass could cost us the game, he has it in him to win us the game so, who ever plays lets back them.

33 minutes ago, MacStar7 said:

What about Jack-Cardoso-McCrorie as a back 3? Jack has played cb for the sheep fiddlers in the past.

Worth considering.

Tho Jack has been a revelation as D.M.

The fact that Rossiter is also reputed to be injured. Who if fit would have taken that role. I.m.o.

The only other option is holt in D.M.

But on balance i tbink personally . That jack should remain in his normal role.

Yours is a sensible option.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Very true but there's a balance - to win an old firm you need to defend well and attack well - concentrate too much on one or the other at Ibrox and we won't have much joy imo 

Dead on.

What bothers me most is the mad 10 or 15 minutes we have, at some point in every match.

Can see us doing ok in parts, then it all unravelling under a bit of pressure.

I'm sure we will get odd chances, but we need to be clinical - what we saw in the 90 mins on Tuesday just will not do!

If we can take a couple, we may just see how they handle a bit of pressure, for a change.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

was thinking the same but which 5 for midfield

Cardoso --  McCrorie  -- Wilson at the back with Morelos and Hererra up front as both are physical

Jack and Dorrans holding with Candeias Tav and Pena pushing forward. Or maybe Dorrans pushing and Tav holding with jack.