Betting against Rangers?

Gazzasleftfoot

Betting Against Rangers?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever bet against Rangers?

• Yes
    • No

Guy at work is a season ticket holder for Rangers and is always complaining he never wins his bets. He says it's because he mostly goes for correct scores and wants decent odds on a couple of quid punt. He got pelters for it at work and in the pub. He says he's going to stick a few quid on celtic winning tomorrow with various scorelines and got a lot of grief for it as a result. He claims, in mitigation, that he'll jinx celtic and if he does win it'll be compensation for the grief he'll feel from the result. Is he out of order, or is that a fair shout?

p.s. the poll is, or should be, anonymous.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Simple solution, don't bet.

Statistics consistently show that as bookies get richer punters get poorer, no matter how clever the punters think they are...........

Its a mugs game at the end of the day. I've learned that from my own experience and literally thousands down the shitter. The old cliche of you never see a poor bookie is true

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Simple solution, don't bet.

Statistics consistently show that as bookies get richer punters get poorer, no matter how clever the punters think they are...........

That's why the original logic of a low bet punt to me is almost the most sensible bet these days... Money you don't miss but if you won it would make a difference... That or don't bet at all.

Anyone that thinks they can beat the bookies, I just don't buy it.... All these sites that claim they  can yet they all seem to fuck it up...

Just now, Steelydan1690 said:

He chugs up wee boys bums ,wanker

Excuse me stating the obvious, but that sounds like an extremely taig like comment and is extremely out of context with any rational discussion in this thead. Are you sexually frustrated ?

Just saying.

9 minutes ago, WATP84JRL said:

Do you even have to ask if it's ok. Get this to fuck. Think the op is asking for himself. no bears would bet against ourselves surely. Fucking disturbing behaviour. Ffs 

Just asking, mate. Though I stuck up for him as it's his money and conscience and in all fairness the cunt never wins. Plus, I get his logic. I don't bet myself, as a mug's game, but if I did and I always lost I's stick something on them.