D-day for Pedro

Boybluesy

4 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He has to go if we don't win surely. How many more failures will fans put up with?

The excuse is already there for a defeat, half our defence is missing. This won't be the game which costs him his job, whatever happens.

All of which is irrelevant as we're going to smash the smelly fuckers.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hero if we get a win 

I'd take a draw but fuck celebrating a draw against them at Ibrox - that's no progress despite what some will try and claim 

Correct you don't celebrate a draw at Ibrox ( unless in unusual circumstances - like a draw being enough to win the league ) . The manager will be a Hero if we win and he is unlucky given who it looks like we have unavailable today. I hope he shows enough tactical ability to make us solid today and get a result 

Just now, left winger said:

I won't celebrate a draw, but it's obviously progress.

How so? Teams like Kilmarnock, Ross County, Partick Thistle and St Johnstone have got draws against them in recent months - it doesn't mean anything 

but I'd take it as going 8 points behind late Sept is league over and should see wholesale changes at Rangers 

Just now, K.A.I said:

How so? Teams like Kilmarnock, Ross County, Partick Thistle and St Johnstone have got draws against them in recent months - it doesn't mean anything 

but I'd take it as going 8 points behind late Sept is league over and should see wholesale changes at Rangers 

How so? You obviously know how we got on at Ibrox against them the last time. To get a draw would obviously be progress. Bizarre to suggest it wouldn't be.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

How so? You obviously know how we got on at Ibrox against them the last time. To get a draw would obviously be progress. Bizarre to suggest it wouldn't be.

I said quite clearly how so 

any team in the league is capable of getting a draw against them especially at home it doesn't represent anything other than a semi decent result 

if a draw against them at Ibrox is you (or anyone's) idea of progress it's no wonder we're a mess 

10 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

The excuse is already there for a defeat, half our defence is missing. This won't be the game which costs him his job, whatever happens.

All of which is irrelevant as we're going to smash the smelly fuckers.

I hope the reaction is like when you go down to 10 men and every one else plays out their skin

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I said quite clearly how so 

any team in the league is capable of getting a draw against them especially at home it doesn't represent anything other than a semi decent result 

if a draw against them at Ibrox is you (or anyone's) idea of progress it's no wonder we're a mess 

Other teams getting a draw against another team has no bearing on our abilities or level as a team. 

A semi decent result against them is progress. It's obviously not good enough, but going from 5-1 to a draw is progress - it's really that simple. 

Other teams getting a draw against another team has no bearing on our abilities or level as a team. 

A semi decent result against them is progress. It's obviously not good enough, but going from 5-1 to a draw is progress - it's really that simple. 

Progress shouldn't be measured from simply one game though that's my point 

if we do what some other league teams done and get a draw again them especially at Ibrox and hail that as progress we are luring ourselves into a false lull 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Progress shouldn't be measured from simply one game though that's my point 

if we do what some other league teams done and get a draw again them especially at Ibrox and hail that as progress we are luring ourselves into a false lull 

Well, yeah. One game isn't much use if we fuck it next week at Hamilton.

Well, yeah. One game isn't much use if we fuck it next week at Hamilton.

However (and at the risk of sounding contradictory) a win and a dominate performance would see outright progress as it's something no one else has done to them in a calendar year and would give us belief beyond words to push on which is the difference between a draw and a win 

one is clear progress the other not so much - even taking into account what I said about judging progress on one game - I just feel the framework changes with a win and dominate performance that can't be measured with a draw 

For Pedro to come out of this game with credibility, his team must show we can at least match/compete with them, if not and we have more of the same as last season then the writing on the wall will become clearer in the wrong way for the Portuguese manager, we're at ibrox Ffs, show no fear get right in about them. 

28 minutes ago, left winger said:

A draw is no good. Already, so early in the season. A win is the only result that suits us. A draw is a far better score for them than us. The fact they would likely be devastated with a draw speaks volumes also. Win or bust for us today. 

Back in the day when it was fair, if we thought we were gonna hammer them we'd get beat, and if we thought we were on for a hiding we'd win...different days but I'm holding on on to that glimmer of hope. 

Anyway, 2-1 Rangers, Foderingham from a last minute corner, get yer hoose on it No Surrender! 

Win, lose or draw Pedro will remain.

We are expected to lose and understandably so given their quality. 

A tall order even with all players available, but with our injuries it's back to makeshift. That said, it's football and we can sneak it. We will need to work our balls off and not get drawn in to the cynical shite the scum are well rehearsed in. Just remain focused. 

Let's not kid ourselves, even if by some remote chance we do win, we will not be challenging as it's obvious to a blind nan, they do have better quality and until the gap is closed, there will be no sustainable challenge for any title, but we can savour the moment and give us belief. It maybe the signal to the board that we now have the right leadership in place to make that necessary investment to step up in the quality of player we go for.

Lady luck again seems to conspire against us with our injuries. I've got the fear and dread another drubbing, but something also tells me, we can do this.

It is the first old firm for many of our players, so win, lose or draw, let us show them what loyalty is and drive them on to victory.

That there will be No Surrender to those sorry taig bastards.

18 months ago we outplayed a sellick team with Gordon, Lustig, Tierney, Boyata, Lego, McGregor, Roberts, Griffiths and Rogic in it. Our team had Keirnan, Halliday et al in it. 

They get a high calibre manager in and they go miles ahead. The fundamental solution for us is to get the best possible coach in that dugout. He is nowhere near the standard required 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Mate we can sugar coat this as much as we like but we always need to win at Ibrox no matter the opposition ??,

this is pc’s time to show what he’s all about even with the injuries

43 minutes ago, the old guard said:

For Pedro to come out of this game with credibility, his team must show we can at least match/compete with them, if not and we have more of the same as last season then the writing on the wall will become clearer in the wrong way for the Portuguese manager, we're at ibrox Ffs, show no fear get right in about them. 

It matters not the venue, their quality is too great, but you are right in one way, show no fear and get right in about them.

We were never going to mount a challenge, as the level of investment reflects that. We need players of at least equivilent quality. Where is our Broon, Griffiths, Dembele,  Sinclair, Armstrong, Roberts? That's right, we can't even afford one of them.

To make a serious challenge, any manager needs the tools to do it and those tools to take this title will cost plenty money. Our board go forward in hope rather than expectation, so realistically it should be no different for us.

This was always about second place, but being football, we can pull it off with a one off result and no reason why today cannot be it.