D-day for Pedro

Boybluesy

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

The excuse is already there for a defeat, half our defence is missing. This won't be the game which costs him his job, whatever happens.

All of which is irrelevant as we're going to smash the smelly fuckers.

This is why I think we should've kept a hold of Hill. Experienced, hard working player who has been in this situation before. Would be a lot more confident if it were someone like him and Cardoso starting as a back 2.

But aye bring it on, the young lad will be a hero by 2 o'clock today.

32 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

18 months ago we outplayed a sellick team with Gordon, Lustig, Tierney, Boyata, Lego, McGregor, Roberts, Griffiths and Rogic in it. Our team had Keirnan, Halliday et al in it. 

They get a high calibre manager in and they go miles ahead. The fundamental solution for us is to get the best possible coach in that dugout. He is nowhere near the standard required 

Sadly, I tend to agree, although I'm praying for a turning point, and hopefully its today. 

5 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Saying he must go considering the gap in quality and injuries is ridiculous. It's equally ridiculous to treat him like a king if we win.

You are spot on.

The kingmakers sit in the boardroom and it's ultimately down to them. If Pedro can positively show what he can do on limited resources compared to the THEM, then he has a chance of the board digging deeper to bring in better quality.

We can only speculate as to what the board think in their aspirations and judge them on their actions. Up to now, it's for second place, but if Pedro can show an inkling of inspiration, get a cup and or run them closer in the league, then who knows. Until then, no matter the manager, we play for second spot.

A win would be so much more than just 3 points. It would be a massive confidence boost for us and could be a platform for us to go on and put together a serious run of wins.

It would also be interesting to see how they react to losing, especially given they play Anderlecht next week. Two losses in a row and the bottle could crash.

Potentially a season changing game today.

5 minutes ago, Amato said:

A win would be so much more than just 3 points. It would be a massive confidence boost for us and could be a platform for us to go on and put together a serious run of wins.

It would also be interesting to see how they react to losing, especially given they play Anderlecht next week. Two losses in a row and the bottle could crash.

Potentially a season changing game today.

This is the vital part for me. The impact of a defeat on them will be far greater than the impact of a win on us.

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Win, lose or draw Pedro must keep his job. We are just at the start of a long term project that the board have bought into. We need stability and that means Pedro.

Nonsense I scratch my head in disbelief at posts like that - results don't matter because it's a long term project? Give over so we put up with 3 years of shite just because?

what I will say is that even if we get beat 6-1 today Pedro won't go and he won't be sacked. What we want to happen or what we think should happen has zero baring on the decisions made my the clowns in our boardroom 

33 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

ffs . Let's try and win the game in our hearts and heads before we are trying to get our Manager sacked

If it doesn't go well . I'm certain , there will be hundreds calling for his head

TBH, there is more chance of it not going well, but for me it's the manner of any defeat that will say it all for me.

If the scum are on their game we have little chance of victory and IMO should we expect anything else?

Looking at our back line alone gives me the fear. The most talented among them is a 19 year old and we can forget Tav in any defensive sense. Hodson at best average and another a CD who has less than imposed himself. It has the makings of all going disaterously wrong, or indeed, to a man, they can become the heroes of the hour. Let's hope it's the latter.

Many are facing the scum for the first time. A daunting task, so I look for the few elder statesmen so to speak, in our team to lead by example. I am no lover of Tav, but he has been over the course a few times. Today, he is one who for the first time, must take responsibility and be held accountable if he fails in his obligations. We know his defensive frailties, but I cannot excuse his attitude and failure to take responsibility and be disciplined in his play and sticking to the task at hand.  Too many give him an easy ride for his attacking forays. Today is not a day for that, so he either shows he has the character to be a Ranger, or he can fuck off.

If we were at full strength with all players available, I'd rather not start with Miller, but under the circumstances we now find ourselves his experience will be invaluable. He will give it his all. Whether it's good enough is another matter.

With all these injuries, the God's conspire against. If we go down, then let it be fighting and we can still hold our heads high and it will at least show we have the spirit if nothing else.

45 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It matters not the venue, their quality is too great, but you are right in one way, show no fear and get right in about them.

We were never going to mount a challenge, as the level of investment reflects that. We need players of at least equivilent quality. Where is our Broon, Griffiths, Dembele,  Sinclair, Armstrong, Roberts? That's right, we can't even afford one of them.

To make a serious challenge, any manager needs the tools to do it and those tools to take this title will cost plenty money. Our board go forward in hope rather than expectation, so realistically it should be no different for us.

This was always about second place, but being football, we can pull it off with a one off result and no reason why today cannot be it.

Take your point, although pena  cost more than Griffiths and armstrong, and roughly the same as sinclair, but team for team they have spent probably three or four times more, although the same can be said when we knocked them out the scottish Cup 16 months ago so it can be done,  my point is we must match/compete with them and must show improvement from Pedro's previous old firm games, if not questions must and will be asked, personally I would prefer us to build a team from the back and be harder to beat but unfortunately we are far to easy to score against and not just against them, it's every game, if we don't improve with 44000 bears at ibrox then he's left himself wide open.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

It matters not the venue, their quality is too great, but you are right in one way, show no fear and get right in about them.

We were never going to mount a challenge, as the level of investment reflects that. We need players of at least equivilent quality. Where is our Broon, Griffiths, Dembele,  Sinclair, Armstrong, Roberts? That's right, we can't even afford one of them.

To make a serious challenge, any manager needs the tools to do it and those tools to take this title will cost plenty money. Our board go forward in hope rather than expectation, so realistically it should be no different for us.

This was always about second place, but being football, we can pull it off with a one off result and no reason why today cannot be it.

I'm sorry but that's a pile of pish. Their quality is not great and Europe has shown this. The problem is that teams fear them the way they used to fear us. They may be slightly better pish than us at present but they are far from great.

34 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Win, lose or draw Pedro must keep his job. We are just at the start of a long term project that the board have bought into. We need stability and that means Pedro.

Stability?

At what level? Being a team that fights for second every year? Dog shite

Last season the excuse was he was trying to figure out which players were capable so he played a normal game rather than try to keep it tight, and we got pumped.

This game already has the defensive injuries as an excuse.

I'm not saying the injuries aren't a legitimate issue but he has to get everything else right, formation, tactics, the team need to match them in midfield, we need to show up and make it hard for them. If we get pumped and show very little then the defensive issues excuse won't stand up.