Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

Just now, City_of_Blue said:

Pedro needs proper investment, this is not all his fault.

Dave King, get your fucking act together and properly back the manager.

But would you really trust him with more money?!

pena(2mill +) - shocking 

candeias - average 

cardoso - looks average 

Herrera - portugese  poorer Moult 

dalcio- ...

Dorrans - jury's out but he has been very average 

alves, jack, Morelos...pass marks 

1 minute ago, City_of_Blue said:

Pedro needs proper investment, this is not all his fault.

Dave King, get your fucking act together and properly back the manager.

It's been said before. Pedro has had good money to spend, other managers, wright, mc Inness can both put teams out that will give them a harder game with much less money.

Who are you bringing in? 

Look at the difference in the teams and bench ffs. Hodson shitting it for the first goal sums it up if you don't have quality at least have bravery. 

We made a couple of defensive errors and folk are foaming at the month again. As follows after every bad result. 

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Pena played like a poundland player but we spunked away 3 million on the fat clown

I'd bet my life we never paid anywhere near that for him, that's just the propaganda figure used by the board to make us all think we're spending money.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It's been said before. Pedro has had good money to spend, other managers, wright, mc Inness can both put teams out that will give them a harder game with much less money.

Did you not see the shite he was left with last season? Even the biggest Pedro haters have to see that we have brought in a much better quality of player. Is it enough? No we need more. 

I thought we looked alot better than we did last season once we settled, though admittedly we're still miles off the pace. I think the difference is I've accepted that this is a rebuilding job that's going to take seasons, rather than a transfer window.

4 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I agree but we'll always be a "Diddy" club as long as King and co are in charge.

Or we could have no club to support ? We are asking these men to put their literal houses on the line to support a football club season to season ? Would you do that after all the blustering ? Mortgage your children's inheritance on an institution ? Judging by your tone and desire for winning rather than earning. Creepily, you echo a large element of our support who claim the right to see a winning football team on the pitch, rather than hold the privilege of being a Rangers supporter. The former will continue to hold us back I fear. Love your club.

2 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

But would you really trust him with more money?!

pena(2mill +) - shocking 

candeias - average 

cardoso - looks average 

Herrera - portugese  poorer Moult 

dalcio- ...

Dorrans - jury's out but he has been very average 

alves, jack, Morelos...pass marks 

I hear you but he's still financially hamstrung. I'm convinced we'd get much better quality with real investment.

Just now, K.A.I said:

That's fair enough but come the end of the season there will be more excuses and red herrings to keep him in a job.

We were told by certain people on here and throughout the world of social media that he needs some time for his team to gel and a see where we are at after first 4 games, that became 6 then it became after celtic and halloween is always mentioned as a marker point and there's nowhere near as many people as there should be actually telling the truth about him and his team.

He's protected and wrapped in cotton wool the same way McCoist and Warburton were. It's mind numbing.

He needs to go NOW while we can still salvage the season. There's simply no debate about it. 

It’s all well and good saying sack him mate and if there was any chance of someone like Walter coming in I’d be outside Ibrox demanding he get punted now but the reality is there aren’t decent alternatives right now. Who are we going to bring in? McInnes? He bottled a job down south and Aberdeen will be hard to deal with plus he just signed a new contract so will cost more money.

Caixinha has brought in these players. There are signs of a half decent team. It hurts to see them bossing it in our home but I can’t see the merits of sacking Caixinha and bringing in someone else to be the board’s fall guy.

More time. I think we are improving and he's bought well overall (yes Pena looks a questionable use of funds but all managers have made pricey errors)

celtic have built this squad over years, we are barely getting started. We've had one good window, and I'd like to see how we are shaping up going into January before judging.

When the window shut we knew we lacked quality in final third and Pedro will know that too. We need more time to let him get more players of the standard of Alves, Dorrans and Morelos. 

And in addition to a lack of quality in final third, we missed two first choice defenders and we don't yet have the depth to cope with that in an old firm.

I think the players are on his side which is key in what's still a difficult transitional period for the club. I firmly believe we should stick with him for now. 

Just now, Gandhi1872 said:

Sorry but it's a one-off game, anything can happen. St Johnstone were able to get a draw and we've spent a vast amount more than them. Murty was able to come in and organise a team to get an away draw. We're 8 points behind and we've only played them once. 

We want to win the league.  Winning a league is about quality, and consistency, over a 38 game season.  celtic are currently spending more money on player assets in terms of transfer fees and wages than every other Scottish top-tier club combined.  celtic will win consistently in Scottish football and in fact haven't lost a game domestically for well over a year now.  Sacking our manager wont double our budget and allow us to start competing with celtic.

Is there a vastly superior manager waiting to come in?  If he does, will the board hand him £20m to spend on players?  I don't think sacking Pedro will be the solution to all our problem.  

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Did you not see the shite he was left with last season? Even the biggest Pedro haters have to see that we have brought in a much better quality of player. Is it enough? No we need more. 

The same shite that's doing jobs for the other teams we've sent them to.

Listen, I was all for him rebuilding in the summer but there comes a point where any sane person should start to look at the bigger picture and see the common denominator that's in front of their face.

Pedro is the type that instead of accepting responsibility, he'll make players scapegoats for his own failings.

I'd be amazed if Hodson kicked another ball for us again ... Beerman hasn't for his error in the last Old Firm game (which I'm fine with)

We are 8-points behind, out of Europe at first attempt to a team that finished 4th in Luxumbourg and it's the 23rd of September with 3 Old Firm games still to play, 2 of which at celtic Park. Let that sink in ... 23rd of September. 

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I thought we looked alot better than we did last season once we settled, though admittedly we're still miles off the pace. I think the difference is I've accepted that this is a rebuilding job that's going to take seasons, rather than a transfer window.

We kept it down to two with a makeshift defence so that good but we offered nothing up front, couldn't take our chances, they did 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

It’s all well and good saying sack him mate and if there was any chance of someone like Walter coming in I’d be outside Ibrox demanding he get punted now but the reality is there aren’t decent alternatives right now. Who are we going to bring in? McInnes? He bottled a job down south and Aberdeen will be hard to deal with plus he just signed a new contract so will cost more money.

Caixinha has brought in these players. There are signs of a half decent team. It hurts to see them bossing it in our home but I can’t see the merits of sacking Caixinha and bringing in someone else to be the board’s fall guy.

I've said consistently you'd be surprised at the candidates we could get. It offends me when people say this and downplays the draw and size of our club just to justify keeping Pedro in a job. Not meaning you personally, but in general when I see this point made.

11 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

It pains me saying that mate. Comes across as a good guy and a defends the club but he doesnt have the bottle or mentality for us. Every big game has been bottled and we can't string more than 2 wins together. 

Aye he's out his depth mate but as you said the signs were there after the 5-1 game.

Just now, K.A.I said:

The same shite that's doing jobs for the other teams we've sent them to.

Listen, I was all for him rebuilding in the summer but there comes a point where any sane person should start to look at the bigger picture and see the common denominator that's in front of their face.

Pedro is the type that instead of accepting responsibility, he'll make players scapegoats for his own failings.

I'd be amazed if Hodson kicked another ball for us again ... Beerman hasn't for his error in the last Old Firm game (which I'm fine with)

We are 8-points behind, out of Europe at first attempt to a team that finished 4th in Luxumbourg and it's the 23rd of September with 3 Old Firm games still to play, 2 of which at celtic Park. Let that sink in ... 23rd of September. 

It's not ideal I'm not saying it is. No manager can bridge this gap without investment though. Changing manager every 6 months isn't going to change that. 

3 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

Or we could have no club to support ? We are asking these men to put their literal houses on the line to support a football club season to season ? Would you do that after all the blustering ? Mortgage your children's inheritance on an institution ? Judging by your tone and desire for winning rather than earning. Creepily, you echo a large element of our support who claim the right to see a winning football team on the pitch, rather than hold the privilege of being a Rangers supporter. The former will continue to hold us back I fear. Love your club.

It's the boards job to get investment, no one expects them to finance it all on their own, we need outside investment.

1 minute ago, City_of_Blue said:

I hear you but he's still financially hamstrung. I'm convinced we'd get much better quality with real investment.

I agree but why is it managers with much smaller budgets can put up a better go of it not just against celtic but in the league in general than we can.

we could have got Moult from Motherwell for a fraction of Herrera. 

Simon Murray at Hibs cost sweet fuck alll from Dundee united and tore us a new one at Ibrox. 

Hindisght is a wonderful thing I know but why go and spunk money on very average foreign players.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

It's not ideal I'm not saying it is. No manager can bridge this gap without investment though. Changing manager every 6 months isn't going to change that. 

Again it's not ALL about money. What good is giving him say 20-million if his tactics and coaching is utter dross? which it is. I'd like to see anyone try and deny that.