Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

Just now, Copland bear said:

No good saying this in Canada, Was it your season money spunked against the wall by the 6th game of the season? We now have 31 games to suffer under him and no dunt will be there come May and then the knock on effect when we lose 15 or 20,000 season ticket holders the following season  

The only reason they won't sack him is because that would mean the board would actually have to pay him off and that ain't happening as it's us mugs who are season ticket holders who will end up footing that bill 

No. I don't have a season ticket but my annual subscription to RTV is something like $299. Which is very good value as I get all home and away games live.

In addition I am not yet ready to call for Pedro's dismissal.

29 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So according to David Edgar (great podcast btw) the board still ok with Pedro and think our next 8 games are all winnable.. 

Pedro has never won 3 games in a row.

To the Championship we're on our way...

30 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The irony. :lol:

The barrel is over-flowing with reasons for getting rid of this absolute dud that we have in charge.

"I told Brown that if I was on the pitch, he wouldn't have got away with an eblow", which translates as "I'm a hard man and my shitebag-filled team let him away with murder".

Like the O'Halloran topic, Pedro makes a cunt of it.

Between now and him inevitably being shown the door, stop him talking to the media.

His faux hardman shite is cringeworthy as fuck seeing as his own players clearly don't fear/respect him.

24 minutes ago, Smile said:

Whoever appointed him has to go his record before getting to us is a fucking joke.

We appointed a mediocre manager with a mediocre record in Management and we have hoped he would come good, He hasn't. Roberston didn't appoint a winner and the Money which has been spent on Pedro dryed up as soon as he was shown up in First round in the Europa league.

I think he will still be here for a few months but i think he will be gone by christmas, the next 8 games are winnable but i dont have the confidence that Pedro has what it takes to win 8 games on the bounce. I used to go into games knowing we will win i now go into games wondering if we can even get a draw. I dont know what the answer is but I do know Pedro is not it. I think another manager could come in and actually do well with that group of players and add 3 or 4 more in January ready for next season again. Personally i would like to see Derek McInnes given the chance or if we could go all out Frank De Boer i know he had a disaster at Palace but I don't think he was given the time. 

3 minutes ago, wilkie1984 said:

I think he will still be here for a few months but i think he will be gone by christmas, the next 8 games are winnable but i dont have the confidence that Pedro has what it takes to win 8 games on the bounce. I used to go into games knowing we will win i now go into games wondering if we can even get a draw. I dont know what the answer is but I do know Pedro is not it. I think another manager could come in and actually do well with that group of players and add 3 or 4 more in January ready for next season again. Personally i would like to see Derek McInnes given the chance or if we could go all out Frank De Boer i know he had a disaster at Palace but I don't think he was given the time. 

Christmas is in a few months.

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Why not? If someone new they could get a majority shareholding for say £20m , invest £30 on the squad, we have a stadium, a support second to none and can generate money through us daft but very loyal fans.

Get the word out there as with people buying clubs down south for funny money and no chance of champs league football we could be seen as a cheap option .   

Never say never as their is someone out there we just need to find him .. 

If that does not happen then we will be celebrating if we ever finish second under this board, that's how bad things are 

Because they'd have been on the scene long before now when they could have picked us up far cheaper.

Investing £30m on the squad sounds great But if that's the lot we'll not go far. I've said it repeatedly but it's worth saying again. We're currently spending £20m less than celtic EVERY YEAR on wages alone. So there's the bulk of your £30m investment gone in one fell swoop leaving £10m on fees etc. (We spend closer on wages to Falkirk than we do celtic)

Short of some billionaire wanting to throw money down the drain - because in reality, that's what investing in Scottish football is - then there's no quick fix. It's going to be a slow process as we build up other revenue streams to allow us to toss another £20m at wages just to draw level with them. 

Buying a club in Scotland and buying one down south are two massively different propositions. Even the Champions League doesn't have as big a financial reward for winning it as the PL does for finishing rock arse last so the idea someone will buy us as a 'cheap' way into the CL doesn't really make much sense for me. Not to mention the tens of millions that would need to be spent on us just to get there.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Because they'd have been on the scene long before now when they could have picked us up far cheaper.

Investing £30m on the squad sounds great But if that's the lot we'll not go far. I've said it repeatedly but it's worth saying again. We're currently spending £20m less than celtic EVERY YEAR on wages alone. So there's the bulk of your £30m investment gone in one fell swoop leaving £10m on fees etc. (We spend closer on wages to Falkirk than we do celtic)

Short of some billionaire wanting to throw money down the drain - because in reality, that's what investing in Scottish football is - then there's no quick fix. It's going to be a slow process as we build up other revenue streams to allow us to toss another £20m at wages just to draw level with them. 

Buying a club in Scotland and buying one down south are two massively different propositions. Even the Champions League doesn't have as big a financial reward for winning it as the PL does for finishing rock arse last so the idea someone will buy us as a 'cheap' way into the CL doesn't really make much sense for me. Not to mention the tens of millions that would need to be spent on us just to get there.

I'm not trolling you here Dude, but I disagree with much of your points on this thread. The reason why anyone would invest in Rangers, in this case the as the club goes into the future, are not necessarily that clear cut, nor would have to be an end in itself. Your final point is true on its own merits, but you are forgetting the higher profile of the CL that a club like ours would give. I'm not saying I'm right or that you are wrong, but the possibilities may not be as narrow as you portray them.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

:lol:

Wish that was true mate

IF they aren't what goods a new manager gonna do? these players now need to stand up and prove themselves starting v Hamilton. We can look at the manager and debate if he is good enough formations etc but are the players running themselves into the ground for the club not IMO and that needs to change.

16 hours ago, bob1873 said:

I notice a few posters saying CL qualification will get more difficult for the manks why is that is the format changing? 

eventually it will be a closed shop - but more teams from the big countries are being allowed in at the expense of the smaller countries. That in itself makes it harder

32 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

IF they aren't what goods a new manager gonna do? these players now need to stand up and prove themselves starting v Hamilton. We can look at the manager and debate if he is good enough formations etc but are the players running themselves into the ground for the club not IMO and that needs to change.

These players can't even put in a solid ninety minutes performance never mind a long unbeaten run, I don't know if a change of manager would make any difference tbh.

39 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

This squad is capable of going on a long unbeaten run.. Time they proved it starting friday night 

You're off your head, honestly! You've came out with some crackers in your time but that's up there FS! There is fuck all proof of anything you said in your post. Pedro hasn't won more than 2 games in a row in 6 months or whatever it is!!!!!

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

You're off your head, honestly! You've came out with some crackers in your time but that's up there FS! There is fuck all proof of anything you said in your post. Pedro hasn't won more than 2 games in a row in 6 months or whatever it is!!!!!

Well he needs to start or he's away starting against hamilton simple. His job deepens on it