The problem is pure and simply financial

BlueBearz1990

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Name a manager like Smith who we can bring in?

They don't grow on trees.

McInnes would do a far greater job than Pedro. We should have chose out of him or McLeish but the board tried to be smart arses and pull a wonder stroke out of nowhere. Could have went one of two ways, a success or disaster. It has turned into the latter

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Name a manager like Smith who we can bring in?

They don't grow on trees.

My job isint to scout available managers, my point remains though.  Probably McLeish, Wright and McInness would improve us...Although don't get me wrong I would rather we were able to attract a higher calibre like warnock,  rednap till end of the season.

Even De Boer woukd be a risk too great for us, IMO we need a well experienced calm respected manager to direct at least the playing staff. 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Because you were making out like they spent 12 million on him as if to indicate the big financial gap when he's on loan, my point was  if we were in a better place that could be us getting these types of loans

No I'm not, I'm highlighting we were up against a 12m player against a reject from MK Dons which is true regardless whethe he's a loan or not.

Obviously can't say for sure but I'd hazard a guess on the loan fee being at least around 2m using the Tammy Abraham fee as a comparison. I don't think we would spend that type of money on a loan regardless whether we got into Europe or not.

His loan fee was probably similar to what we spent on Pena to put it another way.

3 hours ago, City_of_Blue said:

Agreed.

I posted this on Fod a few days ago after hearing he signed a new contract:

"He is a decent goalkeeper. But in the long term and where we want to go as a club and get back to, we will need way more than a decent goalkeeper."

I think Alnwick is a better keeper. He moves the ball on quicker than fod . He is a better shot stopper too . Fod gets beaten from distance far too often.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

No I'm not, I'm highlighting we were up against a 12m player against a reject from MK Dons which is true regardless whethe he's a loan or not.

Obviously can't say for sure but I'd hazard a guess on the loan fee being at least around 2m using the Tammy Abraham fee as a comparison. I don't think we would spend that type of money on a loan regardless whether we got into Europe or not.

To be honest it's madness to think we'd pay that type of money for a loan considering what's happened last 6 year. His loan fee was probably a kin to what we spent on Pena to put it another way.

So cause he 'worth' 12m we can't get up his arse and clatter him in first opportunity? 

I've seen plenty left backs playing for amature / junior teams that would show more desire than Hodson. 

Most important investment is the manager. Half that team were rotten under Delia the inclusion of Sinclair and Dembele and getting them up here is based on them knowing the manager. Any manager with a decent pedigree will be able to attract players to the club as they will want to play for him. Pedro has convinced guys from Portugal & Mexico to come over here but given that they had to hit the ground running  it has backfired massively due to a lack of fitness genuine quality and getting used to the game up here.  I do believe that they will improve given time and the cups were always going to be our best chance it is vital to stop this lot getting another treble.

The spell we had after there opener were Morelos had the header saved and Windass shot wide was what was needed for at least 25 / 30 minutes per half.

6 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Blame Pedro all you wish but there is no manager in the universe who could stand a chance of competing with them in both a 90min game and over the course of a season unless we have huge money pumped into the transfer window.

Mr King, get the fucking money on the table or fuck off from our club. We won't stand for being average for the foreseeable future.

I doubt the current board WANT to fund that type of spending.  I think the bigger picture is that no on wants to come in and buy the club of invest that level of cash. We are 1000000 miles off them on and off the park. Your point is right but who will fund it? 

Wages are the gap here not transfer fees. It's ok spending millions but imagine what the likes of Sinclair, Dembele, Ntcham and the likes are on. We could be offered a top player for free but we still wouldn't be able to afford his wages. 

Isn't their manager on 40k a week?! You get what you pay for I guess.

3 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Wages are the gap here not transfer fees. It's ok spending millions but imagine what the likes of Sinclair, Dembele, Ntcham and the likes are on. We could be offered a top player for free but we still wouldn't be able to afford his wages. 

Isn't their manager on 40k a week?! You get what you pay for I guess.

Jordan Rossiter and Jason Holt - both of them combined probably on what Dembele is weekly if there's any doubt through in someone like Declan John then ask yourself would you rather have them 3 or 1 Dembele? Seriously question 

we can afford it but we need to think about it and start prioritising good players and stop signing second rate shite - it's took until to make me realise we've not bought as good as I thought a couple of weeks ago albeit I still a new manager will have something to work with 

It's more than just a financial thing IMO. The whole mentality of our club is wrong.

You just need to look at the 2 loan signings we made over the summer to see how far apart we are. They got Roberts, a 12 million pound player who is easily one of their best, if not their best player.

We got Nemane, a youth player who's contract is running out and at 19 years of age hadn't played first team football for anyone until we gave him 4 mins against Dundee and another 7 today.

And we're supposed to be happy with signings like that.

7 hours ago, Amac9 said:

£2m on Pena. £1m on Dorrans. £1.5m on Herrera. £1.5m on Cardoso. Money wasted.

It's to do with quality and finding good players. Dembele cost them nothing, Griffiths cost £1m, Sinclair was hardly ground breaking  money at £4m. Yet we continually to buy a load of shite.

Could not agree more. We need a better manager.

8 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I'm seriously wondering when we are going to beat these cunts again, poor pass selection and wasteful finishing could have had them out of sight after 15 minutes, that's depressing.

Spot on. A stat flashed up on the screen today around 30-35 mins into the game.

We had 30% possession to their 70%.

Unless it's Barcelona, Real Madrid or PSG coming to play us then no team should be coming to Ibrox and controlling a game like that. We set up against them like a small team hoping to avoid a pumping and because of that I find it difficult to imagine us beating them any time soon. The thought of going to face them at their shithole turns my stomach.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's more than just a financial thing IMO. The whole mentality of our club is wrong.

You just need to look at the 2 loan signings we made over the summer to see how far apart we are. They got Roberts, a 12 million pound player who is easily one of their best, if not their best player.

We got Nemane, a youth player who's contract is running out and at 19 years of age hadn't played first team football for anyone until we gave him 4 mins against Dundee and another 7 today.

And we're supposed to be happy with signings like that.

Our decision making at all levels is absolutely baffling we continue to get it so wrong on a regular basis 

I say this flippantly as I know deep down it's not true but see if you gave a tarrier free reign at our club and told them to do their worst, all these decisions like Robertsons appointment, Pedros appointment, no fighting statements, money wasted on shite, banners over the glass stairs on the stadium, pathetic wee gypsy carnie looking fan zones etc it feels like it's one big trolling session to make us a laughing stock 

no decisions made seem to benefit the club all that much 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Our decision making at all levels is absolutely baffling we continue to get it so wrong on a regular basis 

I say this flippantly as I know deep down it's not true but see if you gave a tarrier free reign at our club and told them to do their worst, all these decisions like Robertsons appointment, Pedros appointment, no fighting statements, money wasted on shite, banners over the glass stairs on the stadium, pathetic wee gypsy carnie looking fan zones etc it feels like it's one big trolling session to make us a laughing stock 

no decisions made seem to benefit the club all that much 

The whole thing is just a shambles from top to bottom. I actually had a bit of excitement coming in to this season, I didn't realistically expect us to win or challenge for the league because I'm not that delusional but I hoped we would at least get a comfortable 2nd, close the gap on them a wee bit and maybe get a trophy. The money we spent should have made that a possibility but it really does look like we've spent millions and stayed in exactly the same condition we were in last season.

finance is a major part to play but we dont help ourselves. when you know a team are better you need to change your game to stop them playing. They played that wee dick up front himself and they crowd the midfield, always had a spare man. we would have been better going 3-5-2. the amount of times we let their cb go 20-30 yards unchallenged was a joke. Fed up of watching players defend space, space wont score goals or create chances the players will. 

8 hours ago, Amac9 said:

It's to do with quality and finding good players. Dembele cost them nothing, Griffiths cost £1m, Sinclair was hardly ground breaking  money at £4m. Yet we continually to buy a load of shite.

I disagree, ok Pena I’ll give you he does look shite, Herrera hasn’t had enough game time to really warrant a reaction good or bad, Cardoso is 23 and hasn’t really done anything wrong, he’s shown glimpses of being a great signing especially when Alves isn’t on the park. Dorrans is a no brainier and his quality is all too evident, only question is why he’s being stifled being played so deep. His ability or commitment to Rangers should not be called into question the lad is top drawer we just have to use him right. Pedro has made some decent signings but things need to improve rapid for sure. 

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

If the problem was purely financial why are we not only five points behind them like StJohnstone and Aberdeen?

Was just about to post sonething similar. Tomorrow night we could be sitting 6 points behind Aberdeen or 6th. We have a lot less funds than celtic but a lot more than the rest but don't seem to be getting the best out of them. I put it down to the boards decision making.

Of course money helps but it is not always the only answer.

Leicester City astounded everyone in football by winning the E.P.L. they are far from the richest club in England.

Long before that Brian Clough won European Cups with teams of hard grafters without super stars.

We need a midfield ball winner who wont stand off and get in amongst it.

That is where we continually go wrong against septic.

We do need an inspirational figure in central midfield in addition to the well documented need for full backs who can defend first and foremost.

And a left sided mid/winger.

Will those additions cost mega money?

I.m not certain that is the case.

Whether or not Pedro stays for the long haul?

These issues need addressed

4 hours ago, A.T.G said:

McInnes would do a far greater job than Pedro. We should have chose out of him or McLeish but the board tried to be smart arses and pull a wonder stroke out of nowhere. Could have went one of two ways, a success or disaster. It has turned into the latter

McKinnes?!

Stay of the crack pipe ffs. We've had enough spineless cunts around our team to last us a century.

Oh and I don't miss the irony on the sheep having a vastly superior budget than Motherwell who run on two bob and oh dear look what happened. Oh and who were that all star  European team who pumped them out of the qualifiers, like they get every year?

A bigger fucking bottle merchant than McKay and a boring bastard into the bargain who makes the dead look alive. 

He just loves his sheep.

Yes, just what we fucking need.

9 hours ago, Amac9 said:

???????? fucking joke of a reply. They've spent more on 2 players than our whole team. Tally up the squad totals then we'll talk.