Today's scapegoat

dummiesoot

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ball at feet Wes was a joke. Embarrassing at times in fact. Get Alnwick in that starting 11 please. 

Hodson was so far off the pace, Roberts had him time and time again. Pena had a few good passes but still not enough about him. Tav had a couple of good attacks but yet again, a defender who cannot defend.

Big up young McCrorie though, not an easy game to come into but thought he showed more than an enough to keep his place in our starting 11. 

36 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I hate picking on players and very rarely do so but Tavernier should never play right back for us again, play him as cover for right mid, never a defender and his ability to put us into trouble by not doing the simple things is astounding.

Sinclair didn’t go past him once 

36 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Tav had a pretty good game, I thought. 

Hodson on the other hand...

Our defenders cant defend, its unfortunate but true. A few positives this season, Morelos, Ryan Jack and Tav seems much better going forward.

Hodson on the other hand....

Hopefully when Alves is back we switch to 352 with McRorie Alves and Cardoso with Candeias and Wallace/John as wing back. Also pre contracts for McLean, Walker and Moult are musts and try to get them in Jan for a nominal fee as well. A few good quality players away but the main thing at the moment is how thin we are when a few bodies disappear

Very dissapointed that once again the midfield were virtually dominated from start to finish. Completely surrendered in second half. Jack's the only one who was maybe ok first half but think he virtually gave up second half.

Today's scapegoat is therefore the ENTIRE midfield.

I though Sinclair was quiet for them so Tav was ok but not good enough. I don't think Armstrong or Brown dominated the way they have before so the four in the middle cancelled themselves all out, for me that means Dorrans and Jack weren't the issue. Hodson is simply not good enough and Roberts had plenty influence on the game, as did McGregor and Forrest when they came on. Cardoso is pish. 

44 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

If you watch that goal and blame Tav for it then there's no helping you.

Aye ok then, rewind the game 5 mins before they scored, he had all day to clear the ball up the pitch, he passed it straight to a taig...no help needed 

1 hour ago, offminorthreat said:

Cunts saying Morelos and Jack were poor are just angry. Not saying either of them bossed it but they were far from poor.

Cardoso and Hodson on the other hand wood never pay for us again 

but  Would you let them play for us again?

only joking I agree with most of what you said. bit harsh on Cardoso considering hodson was shite tav was poor and he was in with a 19year old 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

I hate picking on players and very rarely do so but Tavernier should never play right back for us again, play him as cover for right mid, never a defender and his ability to put us into trouble by not doing the simple things is astounding.

Please give me a solution on who should play there then for the rest of the season ?

wasnt at fault for either goal so don't know what you're getting at

1 hour ago, Billythebear77 said:

Aye ok then, rewind the game 5 mins before they scored, he had all day to clear the ball up the pitch, he passed it straight to a taig...no help needed 

Rewind the game 5 seconds before they scored and you'll see a scuffed shot get through both of our CBs, and then our LB take a clean air swipe before Rogic scores.

34 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Rewind the game 5 seconds before they scored and you'll see a scuffed shot get through both of our CBs, and then our LB take a clean air swipe before Rogic scores.

Who's saying that never happened?, rewind a minute before they scored, Tav should have cleared the lines when he had the chance, their 1st goal never happens......Tavs cost us goals in a few games already this season....the spoon burners 1st goal springs to mind. 

15 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Who's saying that never happened?, rewind a minute before they scored, Tav should have cleared the lines when he had the chance, their 1st goal never happens......Tavs cost us goals in a few games already this season....the spoon burners 1st goal springs to mind. 

I don't see the value in going that far back. While Tav's error lost us possession, and indirectly contributed to them creating a chance, it's clearly the other 3 that cost us the goal.

Any defence can leak goals but if a midfield is not doing its job then it puts tremendous pressure on the defence. Giving the ball away cheaply brings wave after wave of attacks on the defence. Eventually goals will be shipped. Still think the midfield's failures today were our undoing.