Pena, Candeias and Hodson

Escobar

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Don't have the bottle for it, simple as.

We actually looked more threatening when Miller came on, says it all.

Fair fucks to McCrorie and thought Windass done well considering everyone before the game. 

Some tackle from Dorrans considering it came 90 minutes too late.

For fuck sake

Pena has an obvious ability and will come good.

Candeias has been one of our best players this season and fights for everything.

Hodson is the worst fullback I have ever seen, bar none.

Windass has no heart and is like a poor man's Harry Forrester.

Dorrans, another Rangers man who is starting to look like Halliday's twin. 

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

One of the main things Windass has going for him is his athleticism.  He's quick on the ground and fit as fuck so there's no excuse for him not to help with the defensive side of it.  He could be getting back there to double up on Roberts but he's just not willing to do it the way Candeias does on the other side.  Windass has cost us goals against Progress, and Motherwell, due to his lack of defensive attributes - a real liability.

He's obviously not fit as fuck, because he can't sustain it for a full 90.

Ever.

Disgraceful for a lad of his age.

He's quick, I'll give you that.

But generally speaking, to no real purpose.

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Candeias looked slow as fuck, I thought.

Him and Pena were garbage.

But, but, but Pena kept Broonaldo quiet today!!!

(nothing to do with the fact that Roberts & Sinclair had the ball for 70 minutes!)

Windass just isnt the answer. He is quick, but has no final product and doesnt have the definsive mindset to play out in the wing.

I still try and kick a baw on a saturday at amatuer level and im fast as fuck if i dont say so myself, but my final product wouldnt be anywhere near good enough to play for Rangers. There is more to football than being quick. 

If we are going to beat the tims anytime soon it is going to take a workman like, blood and snotters performance and poofs like windass just wont cut it.

Unfortunately with the injuries today we were always going to be exposed down the wings, thought Tav and Candeias did ok but we got ripped apart between Windass and hodson. Hodson is nowhere near good enough and Windass is never a left winger. We need a couple of transfer windows to get proper cover for Wallace long term and a proper left winger who can cross with the left and not always cut inside. I still think Pena needs time

Dorrans should be played just behind the striker/s and not as a total midfielder we aren't using this guy who obviously has his qualities in the correct way. 

Pena imo just would not try and track  back and I think he tried to get the ball moving twice and and lost it twice.

hodson well......................

6 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Can we just all agree now that pena is dogshit and stop all the "hes no fit" nonsense

I have seen glimpses of a player there where some of his passes and movement. However I have no idea is it is because he is still not fit and if so why when it is now nearly the end of September is he not match fit. Or is it a case of he simply cannot be fucked moving much and if that is the case its up to the manager to fire a rocket up his arse.

Just now, gj923 said:

I have seen glimpses of a player there where some of his passes and movement. However I have no idea is it is because he is still not fit and if so why when it is now nearly the end of September is he not match fit. Or is it a case of he simply cannot be fucked moving much and if that is the case its up to the manager to fire a rocket up his arse.

Get what you are saying mate but to me hes never a player at this level. He looks disinterested. Hes another pointer telling people where they should be but does fuck all himself. Time for him to go imo

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Get what you are saying mate but to me hes never a player at this level. He looks disinterested. Hes another pointer telling people where they should be but does fuck all himself. Time for him to go imo

We stand to lose 2 million bucks if we let him go.

28 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

From what i saw  Pena frequently dithered on the ball and then lost it. That was unbelievably poor for a £2.7m signing. 

Exactly. Any praise for what Pena has contributed so far this season is nothing but blind hope. If we spent 2.7 million as stated, fucking hell that player should be hitting the ground running and immediately being the top player in the team. It's the end of September and he was playing in an old firm. What other possible motivation would the guy need?

Folk are saying he gets into decent positions, aye of course he gets into a few good positions when all he's doing is strolling around the park not doing anything. Any one of us could do the exact same.

Marking Scott Brown out of the game for one half - really? 2.7 million on a player to mark a 32yo brown for one half? Do folk honestly think that's a good performance? 

I know it's absolutely galling to think we've spunked yet more money down the drain on yet another fucking donkey, but until we sort out the mess of a club we are this is going to just keep happening again and again.