It's disappointing, but an improvement

RFCRobertson

So i'm absolutely gutted as many if not all of us are. Yet another defeat from our rivals. It's horrible, all week knowing this match is coming, batting down a grim reality with hope that maybe we could pull something from it and it just falls flat in your face. 

However, I was right to be hopeful and it's the most hopeful i've been about an old firm for a while. Simply because I can see that we're heading in the right direction. Our rebuild isn't over, we're still working towards being the giant that we once were. But steadily progress is being made. and honestly I have tip the hat to the manager who shows passion and want to make the club be successful. His game plan was good, first half didn't concede and handled celtic well. Denied a stonewall penalty that even Chris Commons, Andy Walker and others have even said is a stonewaller. But inconsistent and bad refereeing aside, we still did have a foothold in the game. I didn't feel at any point, "this is going to be another 5-1". It was going to be close and a relatively equal match up. 

However, we do still lack a cutting edge. A final killer pass and squad depth. We are nearing that point and with another transfer window or two, I do firmly believe we can win the league. Call me whatever you want and say Pedro should be long gone by that point, but we need to just knuckle down and accept there is a skill/financial gap between us and celtic. It's not a crime to admit that and we need to accept we're not going to be league winners overnight, it's something that needs to be worked on. We're getting better quality players that can do the job for us. Pedros tactics for what their worth do work and are sound in concept. Getting rid of Pedro and his team now would be fucking insane, all that work he's putting into the club, the tactics, the players so on: would be all for nout. We'd need to rebuild from absolute scratch again with a manager who would want his own team, his own squad, his own way of doing things and this cycle would keep on repeating nigh endless. 

Pedro has be given time to make further improvements. Things are looking more solid than they ever were and we need to build on that. Silverware can still be won, hell the league can still be won. A good winning strings needs to happen and bad results for celtic, but nothing is impossible. We have to remain hopeful and follow Rangers, given them the support they need and deserve. And in time we will be rewarded with success. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry wtf?

There's certain days on RangersMedia where I feel like I've stepped into a weird, alternative universe and this is one of them.

Aye keep Pedro. That's the solution because no-one else will do any better anyway ... take our ambition and just throw it to fuck in the Clyde for the sake of a quiet/easy life and heaven forbid the hassle of bringing a new guy in.

This place has really got me down today. More than the actual result which was expected. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Aye keep Pedro. That's the solution because no-one else will do any better anyway ... take our ambition and just throw it to fuck in the Clyde for the sake of a quiet/easy life and heaven forbid the hassle of bringing a new guy in.

Okay, we bring in a new manager and how much closer would that bring us? While he's bringing in his own tactics, players and way of doing things?

It takes time, look at celtic and how settled they are. They've had players for ages and have only added 2-3 players over the summer. Meanwhile we've completely redid our squad. Use your fucking head. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Okay, we bring in a new manager and how much closer would that bring us? While he's bringing in his own tactics, players and way of doing things?

It takes time, look at celtic and how settled they are. They've had players for ages and have only added 2-3 players over the summer. Meanwhile we've completely redid our squad. Use your fucking head.

I'm sorry but you are a mongo. 

First half we battled and matched them to an extent. Pushed our luck a couple of times, but our biggest problem was we simply didn't have the quality to hurt them when things opened up for us. 

Second half was the same old, there was more goals for them that on another day they would have got. We're still not on their level, and until we are any 'improvement' or 'progress' is absolutely trivial. 

8 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

So i'm absolutely gutted as many if not all of us are. Yet another defeat from our rivals. It's horrible, all week knowing this match is coming, batting down a grim reality with hope that maybe we could pull something from it and it just falls flat in your face. 

However, I was right to be hopeful and it's the most hopeful i've been about an old firm for a while. Simply because I can see that we're heading in the right direction. Our rebuild isn't over, we're still working towards being the giant that we once were. But steadily progress is being made. and honestly I have tip the hat to the manager who shows passion and want to make the club be successful. His game plan was good, first half didn't concede and handled celtic well. Denied a stonewall penalty that even Chris Commons, Andy Walker and others have even said is a stonewaller. But inconsistent and bad refereeing aside, we still did have a foothold in the game. I didn't feel at any point, "this is going to be another 5-1". It was going to be close and a relatively equal match up. 

However, we do still lack a cutting edge. A final killer pass and squad depth. We are nearing that point and with another transfer window or two, I do firmly believe we can win the league. Call me whatever you want and say Pedro should be long gone by that point, but we need to just knuckle down and accept there is a skill/financial gap between us and celtic. It's not a crime to admit that and we need to accept we're not going to be league winners overnight, it's something that needs to be worked on. We're getting better quality players that can do the job for us. Pedros tactics for what their worth do work and are sound in concept. Getting rid of Pedro and his team now would be fucking insane, all that work he's putting into the club, the tactics, the players so on: would be all for nout. We'd need to rebuild from absolute scratch again with a manager who would want his own team, his own squad, his own way of doing things and this cycle would keep on repeating nigh endless. 

Pedro has be given time to make further improvements. Things are looking more solid than they ever were and we need to build on that. Silverware can still be won, hell the league can still be won. A good winning strings needs to happen and bad results for celtic, but nothing is impossible. We have to remain hopeful and follow Rangers, given them the support they need and deserve. And in time we will be rewarded with success. 

I see where your coming from however are you sure your account has not been hacked by Reformation Bear?

They had their strongest team out, while we were well short of ours. The biggest problem for me today was in midfield where neither Dorrans or Pena played well and left us too much to do. Tactics wise the manager needs to sort out letting them play from the back and make  Gordon kick the ball out . Unfortunately they are a better team than us at the moment but their defence is poor and we should be able to exploit it.  

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'llagree bud. Anycunt that say they werent happy at half time is talking shit. we matched them and were a penalty award or a better finish away from being 1 up. Fair enough a bit more composure and they could have scored as well. becer heard a peep out they manky bastards because they git a shock and knew they were in a game. We fucking shat it in the second half. Whos fault is that? the players or the manager? one thing that is absolutely certain. fullback positions are a fucking shambles and where every single problem comes from. if we sorted  that i actually believe we'd be a decent side. 

If we'd been playing at their midden then the performance and scoreline would have been disappointing but acceptable. But playing at home like that? We looked lost at times. We still don't have the players to compete and our squad is paper thin - for a third choice defence they did OK. 

It wasn't a humiliation, but it wasn't good enough either. We are still 3 or 4 first team players away from giving them a proper game.