It's disappointing, but an improvement

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, Jam_piece said:

I'llagree bud. Anycunt that say they werent happy at half time is talking shit. we matched them and were a penalty award or a better finish away from being 1 up. Fair enough a bit more composure and they could have scored as well. becer heard a peep out they manky bastards because they git a shock and knew they were in a game. We fucking shat it in the second half. Whos fault is that? the players or the manager? one thing that is absolutely certain. fullback positions are a fucking shambles and where every single problem comes from. if we sorted  that i actually believe we'd be a decent side. 

WOW :lol: this place

I wasn't happy at half-time.

We were in the game but we never looked like we had done enough to win it.

In fact this actually sums up some folk on here in a nutshell and is in line with their acceptance of Pedro ... the fact some are trying to make out if you weren't happy at half-time there's something wrong with you ... I suppose we have to be grateful for having Pedro too and just holding celtic to 0-0 at Ibrox at half-time ... wonderful. 

One thing I will agree with you on is the full-backs. It's been the weak spot for almost 2 seasons now and no effort made to fix it. Unforgivable. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It was a improvement but it wasn't enough. I dont see why we changed formation in the 2nd half to high pressing

because we didnt have the players on the bench to keep the same formation. Miller never has been and never will be a midfielder, much less a No.10.

I do think we're moving in the right direction. We more than handled them in the first half and they only started to dominate at two nil. Before the second went in it was anybodys game. We just seem to be lacking that wee bit of luck at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sorry buddy can't agree on any of that.

I see no improvement. We created 1/2 clear chances at home. Scum had enough chances to score another 2 goals. Ref was a joke, but there is no improvements even after millions has been spent.

Poor defensively, no midfield and no creativity up front. 

Be a miracle to finish second this season..

Pains to say this is completely accurate.

10 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Okay, we bring in a new manager and how much closer would that bring us? While he's bringing in his own tactics, players and way of doing things?

It takes time, look at celtic and how settled they are. They've had players for ages and have only added 2-3 players over the summer. Meanwhile we've completely redid our squad. Use your fucking head. 

I agree we can’t keep changing managers. But we have to stick with one who we think will be successful. I personally can’t see Caixinha winning the league here so I think the board need to admit their mistake and time the time to find the right man this time.

At halftime I was fine with the game, to be honest. From a poor start where we barely touched the ball, we had worked our way into the game, had a penalty denied and a near miss with Morelos at the back post. I certainly wasn't unhappy.

I did think we needed to score first to get anything from the game though - and outwith Morelos I didnt see where that was coming from.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

because we didnt have the players on the bench to keep the same formation. Miller never has been and never will be a midfielder, much less a No.10.

Without sounding like a broken record (and I know we had injuries today) but Pedro is on record more than once saying he wants a slimline squad of 20 to work with. This is his idea, his plan, his method. 

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Anyone wanting a new manager at this stage is a mongo, it'll set us back even further. 

Possibly the majority of your fellow supporters are mongos then, including me.

Caixinha will not last, one way or another. He doesn't have what it takes.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The difference between our bench and theirs is the scary thing for me. Our first 11 matched up relatively well bar Hodson who was a weak link as expected, but we have nothing in reserve. They bring on players who are a cut above most In the spl. We bring on a 37 year old,  an untested 19 year old and a striker who's had about 100 minutes of game time in Scotland. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Without sounding like a broken record (and I know we had injuries today) but Pedro is on record more than once saying he wants a slimline squad of 20 to work with. This is his idea, his plan, his method. 

which is fine if you have the right players. Miller, Hodson and Windass aren't of the standard I expect though and we need more changes and additions in January. Having 2 left backs both injured 5 days before the game didnt do us any favours. How many backs up do we need to have?

Just now, dougal72 said:

The difference between our bench and theirs is the scary thing for me. Our first 11 matched up relatively well bar Hodson who was a weak link as expected, but we have nothing in reserve. They bring on players who are a cut above most In the spl. We bring on a 37 year old,  an untested 19 year old and a striker who's had about 100 minutes of game time in Scotland. 

their bench is miles ahead. 

Just now, the goal machine said:

There was absolutely fuck all improvement, we just got lucky they weren't clinical. They strolled that today which is the worst part. 

This.

we were the home team and still have them ALL of the ball and efforts at goal were heavily in their favour. We were turned over with absolute ease yet again. 

I honestly can't fathom any Rangers fan taking anything from that shite today, there's fuck all to take from a 2-0 defeat at Ibrox to the bheasts.

20 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

So i'm absolutely gutted as many if not all of us are. Yet another defeat from our rivals. It's horrible, all week knowing this match is coming, batting down a grim reality with hope that maybe we could pull something from it and it just falls flat in your face. 

However, I was right to be hopeful and it's the most hopeful i've been about an old firm for a while. Simply because I can see that we're heading in the right direction. Our rebuild isn't over, we're still working towards being the giant that we once were. But steadily progress is being made. and honestly I have tip the hat to the manager who shows passion and want to make the club be successful. His game plan was good, first half didn't concede and handled celtic well. Denied a stonewall penalty that even Chris Commons, Andy Walker and others have even said is a stonewaller. But inconsistent and bad refereeing aside, we still did have a foothold in the game. I didn't feel at any point, "this is going to be another 5-1". It was going to be close and a relatively equal match up. 

However, we do still lack a cutting edge. A final killer pass and squad depth. We are nearing that point and with another transfer window or two, I do firmly believe we can win the league. Call me whatever you want and say Pedro should be long gone by that point, but we need to just knuckle down and accept there is a skill/financial gap between us and celtic. It's not a crime to admit that and we need to accept we're not going to be league winners overnight, it's something that needs to be worked on. We're getting better quality players that can do the job for us. Pedros tactics for what their worth do work and are sound in concept. Getting rid of Pedro and his team now would be fucking insane, all that work he's putting into the club, the tactics, the players so on: would be all for nout. We'd need to rebuild from absolute scratch again with a manager who would want his own team, his own squad, his own way of doing things and this cycle would keep on repeating nigh endless. 

Pedro has be given time to make further improvements. Things are looking more solid than they ever were and we need to build on that. Silverware can still be won, hell the league can still be won. A good winning strings needs to happen and bad results for celtic, but nothing is impossible. We have to remain hopeful and follow Rangers, given them the support they need and deserve. And in time we will be rewarded with success. 

Aye it was not 5-1 but at this stage of the league we should be 3 points max behind instead we are 8 points and I can see the gap growing between now and the next old firm game. That is the problem

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Standards are rock fucking bottom of that shower of shite today was an improvement. They didn't win by more because they were not at it and we still couldn't put a mark on the cunts.

They missed a few sitters and we created a chance so Pedro must stay. Fucking losers.

Saying there is an improvement isn't saying that we're good enough yet or that we're happy to accept being beaten, it's simply acknowledging that we looked as if we're moving in the right direction against them today. I thought it was pretty obvious that there has been improvement. I don't understand why others can't see it.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

which is fine if you have the right players. Miller, Hodson and Windass aren't of the standard I expect though and we need more changes and additions in January. Having 2 left backs both injured 5 days before the game didnt do us any favours. How many backs up do we need to have?

But this is his team. 

It's the team he wanted.

He's said loads on record he got all his first picks.

He's said loads he was happy with his transfer business and is in a good place.

He said any shortfalls or injuries he would supplement with youth.

His team. His responsibility.

That's what everyone wanted to judge him on. His team. These are all his decisions.

But instead of holding him to his word, the excuses are out in force. 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Saying there is an improvement isn't saying that we're good enough yet or that we're happy to accept being beaten, it's simply acknowledging that we looked as if we're moving in the right direction against them today. I thought it was pretty obvious that there has been improvement. I don't understand why others can't see it.

In that case, then, getting beat 4-1 would have been OK because it's an improvement on 5-1 from the last time.

It depends on how you measure progress. That today was not progress. It was another reminder we are in the wrong hands from management, to players to the pricks in the directors box.