RFCRobertson

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Saying there is an improvement isn't saying that we're good enough yet or that we're happy to accept being beaten, it's simply acknowledging that we looked as if we're moving in the right direction against them today. I thought it was pretty obvious that there has been improvement. I don't understand why others can't see it.

They don't want to see it. Their bitterness towards Pedro filters out anything that is not in line with their fixed conclusion.  

Just now, K.A.I said:

Yes we need to build long term, but with the right person. I've asked this until I'm blue in the face and no-one really gives me a suitable response which is why keep the wrong person in charge for the sake of some phantom timeframe when something can be salvaged? unless you actually think he's the right man (which you admit yourself in that post you don't)

Look if Pedro doesn't work out then I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. 

But this far into the league, compared to last season, on paper we are doing better. More points, more goals and less conceded. It isn't much but it's something. We won't know how it'll turn out until further into the future. 

tarriers 5 Rangers 1   10/09/16

Possession 57% / 43%

Shots 20 / 6

Shots on target 9 / 2

Corners 3 / 1

Fouls 12 / 13

Rangers 1 tarriers 5    29/04/17

Possession 47% / 53%

Shots 7 / 18

Shots on target 1 / 7

Corners 1 / 5

Fouls 14 / 14

Rangers 0 tarriers 2  23/09/17

Possession 42% / 58%

Shots 6 / 18

Shots on target 1 / 7

Corners 2 / 11

Fouls 12 / 11

So, other than their finishing today being off the mark, is this what we're calling improvement? Especially given that after the 5-1 Ibrox game the excuse then was that Caixinha was only using it to assess who wasnt good enough?

Just now, JukeBoxJohn said:

Do you genuinely think he'll come good long term then? We need to delay the inevitable and punt him now. What good do you think will come from sticking with him?

I do think he will come good with continued boardroom backing. i can see what he is trying to do. I can see how he set HIS team up today and I think that bodes well for us.

As KAI says - it is his team - and frankly the difference between the team display at the 1-5 game and this was night and day for the most part. We have still a way to go, but i think we are improving.

probably though the main thing for me is that - even though i am not a pro footballer - I still think he put out a team that was organised and gave itself a chance. 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Look if Pedro doesn't work out then I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. 

But this far into the league, compared to last season, on paper we are doing better. More points, more goals and less conceded. It isn't much but it's something. We won't know how it'll turn out until further into the future. 

What do you mean "if" :lol: 

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

tarriers 5 Rangers 1   10/09/16

Possession 57% / 43%

Shots 20 / 6

Shots on target 9 / 2

Corners 3 / 1

Fouls 12 / 13

Rangers 1 tarriers 5    29/04/17

Possession 47% / 53%

Shots 7 / 18

Shots on target 1 / 7

Corners 1 / 5

Fouls 14 / 14

Rangers 0 tarriers 2  23/09/17

Possession 42% / 58%

Shots 6 / 18

Shots on target 1 / 7

Corners 2 / 11

Fouls 12 / 11

So, other than their finishing today being off the mark, is this what we're calling improvement? Especially given that after the 5-1 Ibrox game the excuse then was that Caixinha was only using it to assess who wasnt good enough?

yes i do, because regardless of the stats, till the 2nd went in we were in the game.

Look I know i'll never convince the people that want pedro gone - fair enough - but fuck sake the only stat that counts in an old firm game is the scoreline - we lost this one

To be honest when you look at it and try to be impartial despite having went in 0-0 at half time they still could have and probably should have scored a couple already. 

Second half they scored two and honestly could have scored three or four more if they had been more clinical, we had a few decent chances but can we honestly sit here and say it was a significant improvement?

The stats don't lie on this occasion, look at them and stop being so damn naive. We were played of the park especially in the second half by a celtic team who barely broke sweat.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So the alternative is keep the wrong person in charge anyway? he is the worst case scenario. 

well you can read that post that way if you want - I have already made it plain that i think pedro is actually a decent manager - so sacking him would be a bad move. 

Just now, cushynumber said:

I do think he will come good with continued boardroom backing. i can see what he is trying to do. I can see how he set HIS team up today and I think that bodes well for us.

As KAI says - it is his team - and frankly the difference between the team display at the 1-5 game and this was night and day for the most part. We have still a way to go, but i think we are improving.

probably though the main thing for me is that - even though i am not a pro footballer - I still think he put out a team that was organised and gave itself a chance. 

Fair enough mate but I see zero improvement in the 5/6 months he's been in charge. Defensively we're still all over the place and often still wasteful in front of goal. Completely disagree about the organisation and the way he set up today, they had too much time and space in our half time and it looked too easy for them at times. As someone else said, if they were more clinical today it'd have been another totally embarrassing scoreline. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

So you can tell the future? :lol: 

No. I'm making a rational and logical, educated assessment based on what I have seen thus far and seen currently. 

You can't honestly say the same with a straight face. Your mantra is you can't be bothered with the hassle of rebuilding therefore Pedro's the man. Blind faith.

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Doesn't work out?

It already hasn't and he's embarrassed us too many times. Enough is enough.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

So you can tell the future? :lol: 

No he can tell the present.

we have suffered our worst ever result in Europe and the worst of any British team. We have lost our long proud record at home to the sheep shaggers, we have been embarrassed every time we have played them under him (3 games) and he's lost home games against newly promoted teams in the league.

hes failed miserably ffs, how anyone can say that's not failure is beyond me and this clubs proud history.

sickening reading some of these posts, never actually spoke to a Ranger that talks this amount of pish  

Just now, cushynumber said:

well you can read that post that way if you want - I have already made it plain that i think pedro is actually a decent manager - so sacking him would be a bad move. 

That's fine if you actually think he's a decent manager. Couldn't disagree more but if the bottom line is you think he's a good manager then nothing I can present to you will change your mind as you've witnessed the same results and humiliations I have these past 6-months and again you are entitled to think he's a good manager.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

That's fine if you actually think he's a decent manager. Couldn't disagree more but if the bottom line is you think he's a good manager then nothing I can present to you will change your mind as you've witnessed the same results and humiliations I have these past 6-months and again you are entitled to think he's a good manager.

Ive been judging him since the season started and I honestly think we will only get better. I'm not going to sugar coat it with daft predictions, but I only see improvement in this squad as the season goes on. Are we the finished article? no not by a long shot..and i still think the squad is way to thin.

43 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Bolt wae this pish. Wisny an improvement, we got nowhere near them again. Fucking embarrassed and let down, but fuck it, we didn’t get pumped 5-1. Honestly no fucking standards in our support these days. 

Agreed

That sorta attitude is how you turn into a small club

I agree there has been much improvement we're still lacking in central midfield but we done really well up until the silly error and unlucky not to equalise these things happen in football were still relatively new personnel wise compared with them they've had a settled and pretty much the same squad now for 2-3 seasons hopefully in January and into the summer we can add what we're missing in the team 

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Agreed

That sorta attitude is how you turn into a small club

Exactly, its the same kind of thing the manager of Kilmarnock or Hamilton comes out with after a pumping off them "they're capable of doing that to any team in Scotland", a shrug of the shoulders, fans forget about it and its onto the next game.