Five Captains On The Field.

tannerall

Don't quite see it myself. We're soft as fuck.  Was embarrassed the way we stood back and let them knock the ball around their defence after they went 1-0 up. Also amazed no-one got on Sinclair or was able to stand up to him. He was their man of the match again. A few strong tackles or a bit of tight marking there woud have helped.

No-one seems willing to strike the mark on any of our games by leading by example. 

Was hoping Alves could be the man, but the only one who came reasonably close is Clint Hill, now gone. 

Priority for January, another  strong defensive centre back, and a hard man in midfield, both of whom lead by example.

5-captains was another one of the funny mans classic liners to gee up the gullible ones in our support. 

Ironic that Barry Ferguson is probably on a par with Pedro in the piss-talk stakes but in recent memory a leader like him on the park would be just what we need.

Dorrans, Jack, Miller, Tav, Fod etc don't make me laugh.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I expected big things from the man wearing the arm band today, honestly thought he was made for games like this but he bottled it big time.

We don't have a leader in our squad.

Likewise Halliday all last season, too.

Big Glasgow born lifetime Rangers supporters with our armband .. sounds great doesn't it? but Brown still get's to waltz about elbowing people.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Likewise Halliday all last season, too.

Big Glasgow born lifetime Rangers supporters with our armband .. sounds great doesn't it? but Brown still get's to waltz about elbowing people.

To be fair, Halliday never surprised me. His lack of fight was disappointing but I never really rated his ability. Dorrans was supposed to be different though, a big signing to take us up a level and yet it just looks like the only thing he's upgraded has been our wage bill.

The five:

Niko. Never a captain. Barely a player.

Wallace. Can sound passionate in pressers. Never see any leadership on park.

Alves. Has been average at best. Far from a commanding, dominating presence.

Only Wallace was probably missed of the 3 today, largely because John was also out and Hodson fucking rank.

Then onto those who played:

Dorrans. Anonymous.

Miller. A man down.

Not one is a captain, a leader, an inspiration to others due to their own performances. Not one is having a positive contribution on others I consider essential like Rangers captains of the past.

5 captains my arse.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The five:

Niko. Never a captain. Barely a player.

Wallace. Can sound passionate in pressers. Never see any leadership on park.

Alves. Has been average at best. Far from a commanding, dominating presence.

Only Wallace was probably missed of the 3 today, largely because John was also out and Hodson fucking rank.

Then onto those who played:

Dorrans. Anonymous.

Miller. A man down.

Not one is a captain, a leader, an inspiration to others due to their own performances. Not one is having a positive contribution on others I consider essential like Rangers captains of the past.

5 captains my arse.

If Wallace had played instead of Hodson today I honestly don't think there would have been much of a difference in that game.

If anything we would have probably lost by more because they would have took advantage of Wallace making his pointless runs. I was relieved when it came out that he'd miss this game.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If Wallace had played instead of Hodson today I honestly don't think there would have been much of a difference in that game.

If anything we would have probably lost by more because they would have took advantage of Wallace making his pointless runs. I was relieved when it game out that he'd miss this game.

I'm not sure. Only because that was an abysmal performance by Hodson and I don't know if Wallace would be as naive or poor.

But I'm not defending Wallace either. Not a great player let alone captain.

34 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I expected big things from the man wearing the arm band today, honestly thought he was made for games like this but he bottled it big time.

We don't have a leader in our squad.

Missed the game. Who wore it?

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

0 captains. 0 leaders of men.

We need nastiness in our team. 

Loads of opportunities today to wipe out ball and man and leave a marker of intent. None taken.

Oh for an iain Ferguson, Bomber, Souness no nonsense no prisoner type.

There was a fucker of a chance the 2nd half for dorrans to nail broon as it bounced between them , he let brown bring it down and play out ???

59 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

There was a fucker of a chance the 2nd half for dorrans to nail broon as it bounced between them , he let brown bring it down and play out ???

Yep there was.

I'm a big fan of an up and under, and whilst he is looking up watching the ball come down a player comes in from any angle, leading with a high knee, striking anywhere above the chest.

If he gets up from that... time for another up and under...