Are celtic really that good?

They looked miles better than we did today even during our purple patch in the first half.  I'll tell you, every time they came moving up on the right wing in the second half, I felt sick because I knew there was so little between them and another goal.  I hate to admit it (you probably do too) but Brown is their anchor and is a good tackler, a fine player. Likewise for Griffiths and Sinclair.  

In the first fifteen minutes, I feared a real doing.  Looking back now, it was a real doing.  

We can't be this bad again, can we?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are nowhere near the level when we were last winning titles. Our team under Walter would beat this current celtc side right now.

It's just we are so poor and the rest of Scottish football has got so bad that they look a lot better than they actually are.

Just now, Amac9 said:

They are nowhere near the level when we were last winning titles. Our team under Walter would beat this current celtc side right now.

It's just we are so poor and the rest of Scottish football has got so bad that they look a lot better than they actually are.

:tu:They are not as good as great title winning sides of the past, but Scottish football in general is much, much worse. So the gulf between them and everyone else (and I'm afraid everyone else includes us at the moment) is bigger than ever.

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

No use pointing to ours or their past SPL teams or PSG doing them. In modern SPL terms then yeah, that's why they've went unbeaten for so long. They don't need to be anything other than that.

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

It's fine saying they're shit because of poor European performances but they are light years better than everyone else in Scotland and that's all I care about. 

You two are right

They're absolutely outstanding 

1 minute ago, Marky. said:

They had more gears to step up to, proven in second half.

Hoped we'd see through the first 10 minutes of the second half. Then I'd start believing but it wasn't to be.

I just believe they have more depth mate. Pena off for 37yr old miller thumb off for dumbelly that sums it up imo

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Each to their own but I just can't agree or grasp this notion to slag them or enjoy watching them getting pumped in Europe. Couldn't care less if they lose 10-0 in all 6 games. At the end of the day the scum 'at Scottish football level currently' are a very good team.

rfc52 is spot on when he says MON team would smash them, as would many of our teams of 5+ years ago. But the standard is so low, ourselves included, that the scums B side would probably be faves for the title.

One thing I will say, in terms of style, they are much better than many of their previous teams over the last 10-15 years. Have players comfortable on the ball who want to go forward and attack the opposition's defensive players, says it all when we only have Windass who wants to do so. Whilst they play some decent passing football and always look to play a creative pass which is something we badly lack. We have no players capable of unlocking a defence with a creative through ball into Morelos unfortunately.

100% my thoughts it's just down to quality something we lack massively