Are celtic really that good?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

You two are right

They're absolutely outstanding 

Never said that, but in Scottish football right now they are a good team.

MON team would beat them, Walter's team would beat them, DA's team would beat them. Matters not a fuck. Right now by Scottish football standards they are a good team. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise other than staunchness pretending rubbish.

No, they are not, Rangers lets them play comfortably today, they were growing in the game, and Rangers lacking in various areas, instead of hoofing balls, the defence should had try get the ball out playing, a clean composure pass to start a play and have the possesion of the ball and dominate the tempo of the game.

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Never said that, but in Scottish football right now they are a good team.

MON team would beat them, Walter's team would beat them, DA's team would beat them. Matters not a fuck. Right now by Scottish football standards they are a good team. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise other than staunchness pretending rubbish.

No they're better than the shite. They're not.a.good side. There front 3/win them.things. they're honking. It'd shown when they play a side who are half.decent ala monchengladbach 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

No they're better than the shite. They're not.a.good side. There front 3/win them.things. they're honking. It'd shown when they play a side who are half.decent ala monchengladbach 

Even for 40 minutes against us today they shat it. That pen gets given then scored and their arses would have collapsed.

They are the best in this country by a mile - mainly due to their dugout. 

It's Our challenge to get there. They are setting the benchmark - our challenge? Be as good as that team from Kazakhstan or Beer Sheva - thats not mission impossible 

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

You cannot deny their record. They are arguably the best side since advocaats. Why hide from It? That the challenge we must win our games and see where we are at xmas

Nowhere near it,martin oneil had a far better squad,and we gave them  few good doings over the years

They are nothing more than a competent side who understand entirely the tactics being drilled into them by someone who knows what hes doing.

Not brilliant, outstanding, exceptional just fit for purpose for this league and schooled well enough to take care of a vastly inferior competition.

That's the sad truth of it I'm afraid. 

Compared to other title winning teams from both sides they aren't up there. Walter's team(s) from his second spell were better and both of Mcleish's title winning teams are better.

I think with media and othere they're viewed as outstanding without taking into context that this is the weakest scottish football has ever been and celtic don't have much competition. They by far have the best team of players just now in scotland, that can't seriously be argued. However, if you take a historical look at it they are one of the weakest sides to ever win that league. 

So I guess it depends on which way you look at it: presently or historically. Right now we're in the present and there is a difference in quality and it will take us years under this board to give us anything close to a historically average celtic squad. We need investment to challenge now.

No, I don't think they are that good. What they have are some sharp wing players. They get too much respect from other Scottish teams and have us gift them opportunities by failing to clear. The really big advantage they have is the habit of winning and the confidence that goes with it. get that for ourselves and take it away from them and the whole thing turns around. We can't do it for the rest of Scottish football that feels defeated before they even kick-off but we must do it for ourselves. we have to win every match between now and the next Old Firm and we'll see. Having said that, we must strengthen on the left side in attack and defence.

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Compared to other title winning teams from both sides they aren't up there. Walter's team(s) from his second spell were better and both of Mcleish's title winning teams are better.

I think with media and othere they're viewed as outstanding without taking into context that this is the weakest scottish football has ever been and celtic don't have much competition. They by far have the best team of players just now in scotland, that can't seriously be argued. However, if you take a historical look at it they are one of the weakest sides to ever win that league. 

So I guess it depends on which way you look at it: presently or historically. Right now we're in the present and there is a difference in quality and it will take us years under this board to give us anything close to a historically average celtic squad. We need investment to challenge now.

To be fair, there has been investment, but we do need more in January. It's a difficult window so if we only get one player make it a good one that can play on the left side. We are rotten on the left fullback position and although Windass has lots of energy but he has little class. We need players that make great passes into the box and players that make good runs to take those passes. maybe Declan John will make that position his for now once he comes back from injury but I doubt he's the long-term solution.

By what measure?

they are fucking miles better than us and any other team in Scotland right now. I think it is hard to evaluate where they would be in historical terms because I don’t think any point In history has Scottish football been so bad. 

I am not interested in the debate but the better question is whether they are as far ahead of us now as we were ahead of them during the 9 in a row years. I would like to think not but it must be close