Are celtic really that good?

Just now, writingranger said:

To be fair, there has been investment, but we do need more in January. It's a difficult window so if we only get one player make it a good one that can play on the left side. We are rotten on the left fullback position and although Windass has lots of energy but he has little class. We need players that make great passes into the box and players that make good runs to take those passes. maybe Declan John will make that position his for now once he comes back from injury but I doubt he's the long-term solution.

My point with the investment was that we have a squad worth say 10 million? Their squad is worth 25/30? (Obviously if you take out dembele inflation). At the rate we are spending (roughly 8 mil in the summer) it will take us a few more seasons to catch up. 

I agree with you on where we need to improve but that would improve the first eleven and we need a squad to compete again. They brought on two players today who scored against us in multiple games last season.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

By what measure?

they are fucking miles better than us and any other team in Scotland right now. I think it is hard to evaluate where they would be in historical terms because I don’t think any point In history has Scottish football been so bad. 

I am not interested in the debate but the better question is whether they are as far ahead of us now as we were ahead of them during the 9 in a row years. I would like to think not but it must be close 

That depends which part of those years you're talking about. During the Macari portion we were very far ahead. During the Tommy Burns era not so much.

3 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

They could field a side, not included any of the starting 11 today, and probably still beat us 5-1.

Steady now. I am as big a fan of the knee jerk reaction as the next man but they didn’t beat our second string defence 5-1 with their best team. So this statement seems a tad sensationalist 

We beat Deila's sorry team in 2016 so is it the Brenda effect?

I know he's not the best but he did well with Swansea and nearly won the EPL with Liverpool so surely that must count for something?

I feel well dirty writing this tbh but now is not the time to view everything with blue tinted spectacles, not if we want to get better.

4 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

I know he's not the best but he did well with Swansea and nearly won the EPL with Liverpool so surely that must count for something?

I feel well dirty writing this tbh but now is not the time to view everything with blue tinted spectacles, not if we want to get better.

That game in 2016 is looking like (although fucking ecstatic at the time ) the worst thing we ever done , their board shit themselves and acted bringing in Rogers now we can’t get near them having said that a good managerial appointment from our board  and good player recruitment and we’d at least give them a game , we can’t even beat the rest of the Shite in the spl regularly under Pedro 

1 hour ago, The Widow's Son said:

They looked miles better than we did today even during our purple patch in the first half.  I'll tell you, every time they came moving up on the right wing in the second half, I felt sick because I knew there was so little between them and another goal.  I hate to admit it (you probably do too) but Brown is their anchor and is a good tackler, a fine player. Likewise for Griffiths and Sinclair.  

In the first fifteen minutes, I feared a real doing.  Looking back now, it was a real doing.  

We can't be this bad again, can we?

We'll never be as bad as them though eh ! Harbourers of paedophile's and terrorists athletic wing, that's really bad eh ! 

Scum!

image.gif.7d55ed36d6043b61f3f3653fb917b2dc.gif

I stopped at broonaldo is a fine player. He is bang average mediocre shite who gets 100% protection from officials and a tarrier mhedia. He won't leave Savco because he knows he couldn't hack it and his wee cowardly elbows would not be ignored anywhere else. A fine player. Put the glue bag down ffs.

They are very well drilled and organised. They play possession play well at one side then quickly change to the other side. It's the best football in Scotland but is shown up against better competition.

Their strength is middle to front. They have numerous options.

However...

Man mark Brown, or have every player in his face at every opportunity then you cut out the player who links most of their play. We don't do that nor do other teams. This always gives them confidence. 

I reckon they're weak at the back. Most teams make good scoring chances against them but, like us, bloody miss sitters.

They're good, but beatable.

But it needs every player to play well and the tactics to be right against them. No team seems capable of getting both right at the same time.

21 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

They missed an open goal, missed sitters, we scored a worldy, beat them on pens. They had 20 odd shots at goal. We could play that semi game again and again and lose it 49 times out of 50.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

They are very well drilled and organised. They play possession play well at one side then quickly change to the other side. It's the best football in Scotland but is shown up against better competition.

Their strength is middle to front. They have numerous options.

However...

Man mark Brown, or have every player in his face at every opportunity then you cut out the player who links most of their play. We don't do that nor do other teams. This always gives them confidence. 

I reckon they're weak at the back. Most teams make good scoring chances against them but, like us, bloody miss sitters.

They're good, but beatable.

But it needs every player to play well and the tactics to be right against them. No team seems capable of getting both right at the same time.

Agree, sit on brown and they go long baw every time.

they run the channels in behind and have it well drilled.Hard for the shite defenders in Scotland to cope with but  outside the goldfish bowl they are a fish out of water. They are bang average in a site league offering them no competition.

it's all in the head. as soon as teams go 1 down it's like they accept there beaten. 

to beat these cunts you have to take the lead. if we had got that penalty it would have been a different game however we never but when they did take the lead our players knew we couldn't come back. 

Compared to us, yes they are.

I've said it a number of times but the sooner we as a club realise how big the gap is the sooner we'll close it. This ain't a few players to fix it. It's a whole mentality and squad we need to fix. We've practically got a squad of loosers whereas they have winners. I've actually decided to watch a few of their games this season and you can see they believe they've won the game before a ball is even kicked. We looked scared and just weak in every match.

They are stronger in every department on and off the park.

Fucking sickening.

8 of that beast team today was in the semi final 18 months ago. Let's look at the changes since then.

Rangers - new manager, terrible form, no belief, no confidence.

Beast - New manager, top form, belief and confidence.

We need all of the above, and it starts with the manager.

2 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

8 of that beast team today was in the semi final 18 months ago. Let's look at the changes since then.

Rangers - new manager, terrible form, no belief, no confidence.

Beast - New manager, top form, belief and confidence.

We need all of the above, and it starts with the manager.

Just a curious question, do you have an ideal manager in mind if Pedro definitely isn't the answer?

I think we can rule Walter out. 

Do we go for McLeish? 

Who can genuinely get us back to the top if given a big transfer budget?