Are celtic really that good?

6 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Bottom line is bredan won sod all in England and he's ended up in a leauge where he has all the money so can add a bit of silversear to his cv

Whenever his mob comes up against a half decent team in Europe he gets found out partly down to not having Scottish refs who tolerate his players being thugs and partly down to his not being that good a manager in European terms.

All this he pure loves celtic pish was just a cover to sneak up here cause no major team down south wants him.

If we could match that mobs wage bill he would crack like an egg.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They ain't that good at all IMO. Attacking middle to front their decent, back middle to defence they are very shaky. 

They literally play in a U shape for the whole game. They just recycle the ball round to each wing till they find a space and try to exploit it. They literally didn't play through the middle once against us on Saturday. 

Pena marked Brown out the game the whole time he was on and we were extremely well disciplined for the first 60 minutes then we caved to an avoidable goal. 

If you discipline your defence to man-mark their wingers they're very very average, you just have to do it for the full 90 and make it count at the other end

Good in Scotland just shite out with it. To be as consistent takes some doing but tbh I would be confident the following fairly recent outfits in Scotland would beat them: advocaat's side, O'Neills,  Walters Uefa cup run team, Strachan's team that beat us to the league that year.

We are a shambles and the rest are scared shitless of them, they have zero competition in Scotland.

They’re not as good as they think, and not as bad as we say they are. 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Pena marked Brown out the game the whole time he was on

I’m not sure where this notion has come from, but Pena was giving brown acres of space to operate in. That cunt had all the time in the world to carry/pass the ball. He certainly didn’t mark him out of the game in any significant way. 

12 minutes ago, seville calculators said:

any club that can lose to astana cannot be that good.it was 4-1 at one point in the match

if  king would provide a decent transfer budget i believe we could knock pacific fc off their perch

Always good to stretch a point, but what was the final score and the aggregate score again? That's right, the scum buried them. That tie was over and done with at the scum dome, with Brenda throwing on youngsters in the second leg.

Astana with a stadium capacity of 30k, were only founded in 2009 and qualified for the group stages of the CL in 2015, drawing four and losing two, so outwith the scum, WTF does that say about us and the other also rans in this backwater who can't even get through the Europa qualifiers? Not even as good as a nation of goat herders ffs?

This backwater is a fucking embarrassment as we currently are and always will be with this board at the helm.

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Pena marked Brown out the game the whole time he was on and we were extremely well disciplined for the first 60 minutes then we caved to an avoidable goal. 

That is one of the maddest statements ive ever read on here.

Brown dictated the pace and controlled the game for them...Pena was no where near him and was rightfully subbed.

It pains me to say this but unless we get major investments ie 50 million and a decent manager were never going to be able to compete against them , honestly is there one player in there team that you wouldn't swap for ours , they realised Deila was a donkey and got rid and spent big on Rodgers who's proving u get what u pay for ,he's turned donkeys into much better players 

33 minutes ago, Willy p said:

It pains me to say this but unless we get major investments ie 50 million and a decent manager were never going to be able to compete against them , honestly is there one player in there team that you wouldn't swap for ours , they realised Deila was a donkey and got rid and spent big on Rodgers who's proving u get what u pay for ,he's turned donkeys into much better players 

50 million ??

Lay off the glue 

When I said 50 million I'm serious we need investment in decent manager and he needs decent money there 3-4 years ahead of us and will only get richer we are in danger of being left behind and never catch up I'm being fucken serious 

15 hours ago, bluchoo said:

That is one of the maddest statements ive ever read on here.

Brown dictated the pace and controlled the game for them...Pena was no where near him and was rightfully subbed.

Its not... I read an analysis of the game and it said the same thing. Dougie I think it was.

I don't think they are. But one thing I think I've noticed (I say "think" coz I don't pay all that much attention to them) is that they seem to score an inordinate amount of goals (especially Sinclair) in the last ten mins. Now I know they've always been known for getting last minute winners, but, what I'm talking about is that they never seem to be content just to see a game out and instead turn a mundane 2-0 into a 3 or 4 nil drubbing which gets the headlines, and possibly doesn't reflect the game.

You can't argue with 52 domestic wins out of 58 or whatever it is and bring undefeated in Scotland the length of time they have been. As much as I hate the cunts with every part of me there's no point kidding on they aren't miles ahead of us on and off the field. They'll win the league by 20 points plus again this season. ??

What are we comparing them too? PSG? Shite. Not even in the same league as them. 

Killie? Worlds apart. 

Teams from decades ago that are remembered more for the good than bad games? Nah not as good as them. Wouldn't beat a team with gazza and mccoist. But then that's 20 year ago.

And while Anthony Joshua wouldn't beat a prime mike Tyson if doesn't make Joshua a bad boxer. 

On 26/09/2017 at 21:59, dummiesoot said:

Good in Scotland just shite out with it. To be as consistent takes some doing but tbh I would be confident the following fairly recent outfits in Scotland would beat them: advocaat's side, O'Neills,  Walters Uefa cup run team, Strachan's team that beat us to the league that year.

We are a shambles and the rest are scared shitless of them, they have zero competition in Scotland.

He's shite outwith it yet has more CL away wins than both strachan and oneill combined

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's shite outwith it yet has more CL away wins than both strachan and oneill combined

A fluke against a team ranked next to them, how the Fuck does that work in a draw? Anyway Anderlecht were rank, it certainly wasn't tactical nous that beat them

2 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

If every Scottish team pressed them high up the park I very much doubt they would still be on this unbeaten run but majority just sit in and get picked off. 

If every Scottish team pressed them high up the park the score would be 8 or 9-1 instead of the 3 and 4-0s we see most weeks from them. 

folk can make all the excuses they like but the fact is if they are pish then we are fucking shite. They're miles better than us, and imo denying this is the equivalent of burying your head in the sand and living on the assumption things will work out in the end

Aberdeen have a good chance of beating them but most likely they will be beaten when it's not expected, like a Partick away or some shite. Hibs look like they caused them problems so they might beat them. 

Ideally a couple horrible cruciate injuries would be a welcome bonus.